USW's cowhide Signature in production again

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

USW's cowhide Signature in production again

Post by Michaelson »

Just got this from USW's this morning. They've started production now, and it's first come, first served, then once this supply of leather is gone, they switch back to A2 production.

"The Return Of A Legend!

Everyday life can be an adventure, so we recommend our Signature Series Vintage Cowhide Indy-style Adventurer Jacket, the only "adventure" jacket you'll ever need. This outstanding jacket has the versatility, functionality and style that all true adventurers look for. Based on the "Temple" pattern (which is a bit longer in the body than the "Raider" pattern), it's made from Grade A top grain hides from the same tannery that supplied the leather to create the on-screen jackets for the fourth Indy Jones movie.

The jacket is hand-assembled in the USA by American craftsmen from hand-picked hides that feature a variety of graining & subtle color variations and the feel & drape of this leather rivals that of lambskin! All in all, we feel this handcrafted jacket is one that any adventurer would be proud to wear! Victor Peoro, of BestLeather.org (who honored us in 2015 with their "Best Leather Jacket" Award for this jacket), seems to agree. In a snippet of his review, he writes...
"This jacket's strongest attribute is the classic styling... the Indy Style Adventurer looks good just about anywhere... The American made heritage and quality construction will prove to be a great asset to your wardrobe. Not to mention the origins of this jacket definitely conjure up a spirit of adventure..."

This jacket is now in full production again and all sizes will be available in April 2018. The production run will be limited, so pre-order now so you don't miss out on your chance to own this outstanding jacket."

Regard! Michaelson
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: USW's cowhide Signature in production again

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Not surprised. Was very skeptical when they announced they were "discontinuing" their Indy line... ](*,)
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Just got word that the VINC Indy jackets are finally in stock after a 6 month delay.

They've already sold out of mediums, so if you're in the market for one of these jackets, jump on it quick!

They're also going to put out 4 new Indy jackets as the new film approaches, but the VINC version will be their flagship Indy jacket when the hide is available, as it takes 90 days to have the Italian tannery refill their order.

Regards! Michaelson
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Oooo! I hope they re-release that lightweight cowhide Signature from around 2010! I loved that one.
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

Back in the day, I really liked their leather offerings & build quality. But their Indy Jacket sleeves were a bit ... short.

Any idea as to whether that issue has been addressed for this run of Indy jackets?

~ Joe

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

No clue, IJ. I haven't seen one of the new ones myself, and also had the same problem with the Signature Series pattern. Great fit in the shoulders, but the sleeves are usually 1 inch too short. I always had to go one size up to get the right sleeve length, but then the rest of the jacket was baggy on me. A real conundrum! :(

The Legend Series pattern, though, looks like it was custom tailored for me, including the correct sleeve length.

I HATE they stopped selling the Legend pattern, and tell David that every time I get the chance...... :? ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Trenin
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Trenin »

70% of the U.S. population is overweight. The legend pattern is a nice trim fit. Then you consider that most people’s mid-sections grow as they age, and Indy was big in the 80s and early 90s...This is probably an economic decision.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/obesity-overweight.htm
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Could be, but it doesn't explain the short sleeves. ;)

Regards! M
Trenin
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Trenin »

Good point. The sleeves thing is bizarre. I have a legend jacket and I’m happy with the length of the sleeves, but they are too short to be SA.
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:Oooo! I hope they re-release that lightweight cowhide Signature from around 2010! I loved that one.
I think you have enough jackets, hon. :whip: :mrgreen:
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Not anymore. I had to sell them all when I lost 50 lbs. :cry: I only have one.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Canyon, do you have your 'new posts' filter turned off?

You've been replying to posts the last few days that are either months to literally years old.

That's why the photo links you've mentioned are gone....and Chewey posted HIS reply back in April! :-k

Just wondering. You may want to check.

Regards! Michaelson