Jack no longer at hj

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Pete#9
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: Jack no longer at hj

Post by Pete#9 »

Has anyone heard from Jack?
Is he ok?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Jack posted this on his FB page on August 27th.
Hi folks.
As you may or may not know all of this year I have been battling advanced bowel cancer.
( That's why you've heard so little from me)
However, I'm not a guy who gives up easily.

Over the coming year I will be creating a few custom designs, they Will be random in size.
Say one week I'll make 60 size, another week I'll make a 56 size. depending on how I feel.

I'll post them up for you guy's to look over. And say, if you like the look of one, just send me a message.

In closing I would like to say thanks to the "Indiana Jones" community for all the support, encouragement and good natured banter that has kept me going through these dark few months. It's very much appreciated, and I'm humbled to know such people.

My next post won't be for a few weeks. Until then, have a great day.

And thanks.

Jack.
The reason he won't be available to post for a few weeks is he's having additional surgery at the moment.

Regards! Michaelson
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Howard Weinstein »

Michaelson wrote:Jack posted this on his FB page on August 27th.
Hi folks.
As you may or may not know all of this year I have been battling advanced bowel cancer.
( That's why you've heard so little from me)
However, I'm not a guy who gives up easily.

Over the coming year I will be creating a few custom designs, they Will be random in size.
Say one week I'll make 60 size, another week I'll make a 56 size. depending on how I feel.

I'll post them up for you guy's to look over. And say, if you like the look of one, just send me a message.

In closing I would like to say thanks to the "Indiana Jones" community for all the support, encouragement and good natured banter that has kept me going through these dark few months. It's very much appreciated, and I'm humbled to know such people.

My next post won't be for a few weeks. Until then, have a great day.

And thanks.

Jack.
The reason he won't be available to post for a few weeks is he's having additional surgery at the moment.

Regards! Michaelson
Wishing Jack well! His posts here (and on Facebook) have been informative and enjoyable. :TOH:
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

Be well, Jack-- and thanks for making me the hat of my dreams.
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

I hope you recover soon, Jack. :TOH:
darthjones2
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by darthjones2 »

So great to hear from you, Jack!! And looking forward to your designs... :)
RJR
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by RJR »

Best wishes for a complete recovery.
Pete#9
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Pete#9 »

Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated.
Get well soon Jack.
Prayers sent.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
whipcracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by whipcracker »

oh wow! I missed this. Get well Jack!
pdraycott
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by pdraycott »

Hi
I know I am going to get grief for this and people will say shame on me but this needs to be said.
I have been speaking to people today who have been misled by jack ..taking money and never delivering the hats. Yes I know you will all say shame on you for having a pop at someone with cancer.. but having that doesn’t mean you can take advantage of it and take people’s money but never deliver. . There are numerous people who have Paid money to jack and not received their hat, but no one wants to be seen as the bad guy and bring it up.
So there I’ve said my piece just to stop anyone else being in this position.

Edit : in talks with Jack now so see how it goes.
Last edited by pdraycott on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

I don’t look at it as having a pop at someone with cancer. Lots of people unfortunately are stricken with this disease. Lots of people I know and family members too. Some have survived it and some have not. It’s equally unfortunate that in this regard there seems to be a stigma of a get out of jail free card associated with those who have it. I don’t have a horse in this race though. Bottom line is having cancer *****. Would not wish it on an enemy. That said, I have personally known overcomers who have not once let that suffice as an excuse or welcomed pity. With heads held high, they persevered and in the end that will be what is most remembered about the ordeal.

Not implying this is the case here. Just saying that it’s unfortunate. Definitely hope Jack overcomes this.
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

This is a quote from Jack today on the Facebook page Indiana Jones Cosplay Group. Hope it helps you guys :TOH:
Hi guy's I'm here.
I'll mail all of you to get this sorted.
This week health wise it's not been good. It seems I'm not getting better with the cancer treatment.
And yes it is frustrating, I do understand. I thought I had the energy to continue hatting and I don't. I'm just getting worse.
With regards to making more orders, there was one guy who I said I'd make one for. But only if my health improved. I didn't commit to anything. The total number of Hats I made this year is only four.
No more no less.
For the record I will make sure these Hats are delivered.
And to show there's no hard feelings I will recompense at a later date.
I will message every one today.
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Howard Weinstein »

Tennessee Smith wrote:This is a quote from Jack today on the Facebook page Indiana Jones Cosplay Group. Hope it helps you guys :TOH:
Hi guy's I'm here.
I'll mail all of you to get this sorted.
This week health wise it's not been good. It seems I'm not getting better with the cancer treatment.
And yes it is frustrating, I do understand. I thought I had the energy to continue hatting and I don't. I'm just getting worse.
With regards to making more orders, there was one guy who I said I'd make one for. But only if my health improved. I didn't commit to anything. The total number of Hats I made this year is only four.
No more no less.
For the record I will make sure these Hats are delivered.
And to show there's no hard feelings I will recompense at a later date.
I will message every one today.
Just saw that. So sorry to hear Jack is not doing well with his cancer treatment :(
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Yeah, I hate the few of you guys having outstanding orders with him and having to wait. What he’s going through though, it just hurts seeing it. Knowing him though, I have faith he’ll honor his word. I say this as his friend not as an IndyGear representative. You all know we stay hands off any vendor issues.