Northwest Post Em

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

temple_runner
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Northwest Post Em

Post by temple_runner »

I do not have a Northwest hat but really want one. If anyone had some pics of their Northwest Cairo from Mike please post em!
alex1152
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Northwest Post Em

Post by alex1152 »

I don't have an Indy hat from Mike but I own 4 of his hats and they are fantastic!
DanielP
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by DanielP »

Mike makes excellent hats. I have bought one raiders and had him reblock an ABL. Only issue was that first hat was a bit stiff. So I made sure to request less stiffener on the reblocked ABL. Check out my link to my snupps shelf because I can't post pictures with such high resolution here.

http://snupp.it/jhEaVf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by DanielP on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

You struck my curiosity. What is the raiders hand? I want one. :CR: :mrgreen:
The Character
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by The Character »

I have one .. its great .. i'll need to post images

Al
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

I have 3 of them. Nice hats especially for what he charges for beaver felt.
Indysdad
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Indysdad »

I ordered a Raiders from Mike when they were still $250 for beaver. Super nice deal. His hats look fantastic from what I can tell. I was supposed to get mine this past week but he told me the other day that because his dark brown felt has been on back order for weeks it will be another week or so. What can I say, if I've waited this long I guess I can handle another week or so. ;) As soon as I get it I will try to post some photos with.
Indysdad
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Indysdad »

Sorry for the late reply. I received my hat about a month and a half ago. This is my first custom-made hat. Mike did a great job and the hat looks fantastic. Nicely pounced and fits great. Something to note about Northwests Cairo hats is that if you are looking for an Indy hat that is very screen accurate, Mike does not claim to have a totally screen accurate Raiders version. He basically makes a Raiders hat as it would have looked before all the adventures, which is exactly what I wanted. I wanted it to get aged and have my own adventures with it. This is a wonderful hat and I'm extremely happy with it.
The Character
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by The Character »

I have a Northwest from Mike ... great hat! I don't have a pic to hand but will post one ASAP
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

Can’t go wrong with Mike at Northwest Hats!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oklahoma Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Oklahoma Jones »

Got a whiskey and a standard brown... no pics, but like everyone else, I can and will vouch for the quality.... oh, and the felt is Winchester, so.... :TOH:
Elwood95
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Elwood95 »

Hey! My name's Ben and I enjoyed lurking around these forums years ago when I first got interested in costume making. Indiana Jones, Doctor Who and Nightmare on Elm Street all had a pretty similar enough hat that I could use one for all three.

Garrison hatters was just starting to make a variety of hats and I ordered the raiders without a turn. Before that I had a Todd's costumes hat and jacket from 2011 or so.

Well a few years into owning the garrison fedora and it had gotten beaten up and sprang back time and time again, but was losing its shape from the mileage and abuse from the elements (north east winters)

Mike does fantastic reblocks. He rebooked the worn out garrison and it came out reblock and with a nice new finish, it was practically a new hat all over again. Years later I've stopped wearing THIS one in the snow and its held up nicely. Credit to Garrison on the felt color which has held up fantastic after 6 years, and Northwest hats for the reblock, which has held up for at least 3 years and couning!

jgino
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by jgino »

I don't see any Indy hats on his website, am I looking at the right place?
RegDwight
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by RegDwight »

Is this it?

http://www.northwesthats.com/cairo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Yes, the Cairo is Mike's Indy hat. He can make it in brown felt. His is not the closest to SA of all of the hatters out there, but it's a great price for a high quality hat.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

Elwood95 wrote:Hey! My name's Ben and I enjoyed lurking around these forums years ago when I first got interested in costume making. Indiana Jones, Doctor Who and Nightmare on Elm Street all had a pretty similar enough hat that I could use one for all three.

Garrison hatters was just starting to make a variety of hats and I ordered the raiders without a turn. Before that I had a Todd's costumes hat and jacket from 2011 or so.

Well a few years into owning the garrison fedora and it had gotten beaten up and sprang back time and time again, but was losing its shape from the mileage and abuse from the elements (north east winters)

Mike does fantastic reblocks. He rebooked the worn out garrison and it came out reblock and with a nice new finish, it was practically a new hat all over again. Years later I've stopped wearing THIS one in the snow and its held up nicely. Credit to Garrison on the felt color which has held up fantastic after 6 years, and Northwest hats for the reblock, which has held up for at least 3 years and couning!
Nice hat, Elwood95. Just a brief non-Indy note, if I may: in case you don't already know, I understand the hat worn by Freddy Krueger (in the first NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, at least) was made by a company called Designer Collection, and was their Whippet model. I don't know if that model (or even the company) still exists, but I assume pre-owned examples might be found on auction sites. Although, from what I remember reading, it's a cheap and not-very-high-quality fedora, it would be a great way to give your Freddy costume a frightfully authentic touch-- IF YOU DARE, of corpse...

Happy Halloween,
Jack