So what happend to the original Raiders hat?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Chiliana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

So what happend to the original Raiders hat?

Post by Chiliana Jones »

If you ever wondered what happend to(one of)the original, screen used Raiders hats, here is your answer (watch from 8:00 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Mv1iTHUTtc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards

CJ
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: So what happend to the original Raiders hat?

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Wow. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Tinplatejeff
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Tinplatejeff »

Oh wow.

:whip:
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

All well and good, but I'd point you to this thread as well: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27157

From what we were able to reconstruct, after they were done shooting in Tunisia, one of the stuntmen asked if he could have "A hat" as a souvenir. When they said yes, he accidentally or intentionally walked off with the one that had been sitting on Ford's head for most of the movie. When they started shooting in Hawaii, they gave Ford a new hat. I suspect that's the one sitting in Spielberg's office.
Chiliana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chiliana Jones »

Yes, I'm aware that the original SOC hat was found years ago (aren't we all? ;) ) but Screenused have since sold the hat. Spielberg is a well known collector of movie memorabilia so he might have bought it back. But like you said, it might be the Hawaii hat or the one used during scenes shot at Elstree Studios that is in Spielbergs possession.

CJ
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

Good point (though on the question of whether we all know it, remember, this thread is from 2008 - can't trust that everyone who's joined since has gone through the archives ;) ). I sort of took Spielberg to mean that he'd kept the original Raiders hat since shooting finished, but I suppose he could have acquired it from Screenused.