First Magnoli LC White Label Jacket!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Dr. Nebraska S.

First Magnoli White Label Last Crusade!

Post by Dr. Nebraska S. »

Since Magnoli has let the cat out of the bag that this is the first White Label Last Crusade jacket, I've updated the title thread accordingly. I'm wearing this jacket all the time when awake, and it is just getting more comfortable and nicer looking. As a larger guy who has a G&B in a size 48, I'm very impressed on how Magnoli got his crew (I believe it is in Pakistan, which is also the country from where my former US Wings Hero jacket with its great leather came—EDIT: to clarify, this was just the short lived Antique Cow Hero jackets that are no longer made, and no US Wings jackets are made outside the USA any longer) to make this just the perfect fit for me. I’m glad Magnoli and I emailed quite a bit to get the measurements just right, because $295 is a lot of money for me! I never knew an Indy jacket could look this flattering on me. :whip:

I should be getting the pocket flaps soon, and will post more photos in the upcoming weeks when they have been sewn on. :TOH:

Best wishes,
Dr. Nebraska S.
Dr. Nebraska S.

Just a brief update: the pocket flaps took longer to ship, due to distressing them to match with my jacket. My understanding is that they waited until someone else’s new LC jacket was ready for the distressing process and then also distressed my new pocket flaps. I just got a tracking number yesterday, so it looks like they’re on track to arrive the day after Christmas. So I should have them swapped out early in the new year.

In the meantime, this jacket has scratched all the itches I’ve had for not just a LC jacket, or even for an Indiana Jones jacket, but for any leather jacket. The weather recently turned too cold for wearing it outside, but I’ve been wearing it inside and it has become like a second skin. Through summits and meeting up with Indygear folk, I’ve seen in person some great leathers on Indy jackets by Nowak, Kelso, Wested, U.S. Wings, etc., and I like this leather Magnoli uses as much as any of them.

Best wishes,
Dr. Nebraska S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr. Nebraska S.

The new pocket flaps arrived today, and look great with matching distressing. They will be sewn on by next week. Photos will then follow.

car96
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: First Magnoli White Label Last Crusade!

Post by car96 »

I am so glad that it sounds like this is a quality LC jacket at an affordable price.

How is it too cold to wear a leather jacket? I wait for our cold weather and break my LC jacket out as often as I can.
Dr. Nebraska S.

car96 wrote:I am so glad that it sounds like this is a quality LC jacket at an affordable price.

How is it too cold to wear a leather jacket? I wait for our cold weather and break my LC jacket out as often as I can.
Today’s high temperature here was around 8 degrees F, so I was wearing a down-insulated coat. I might try a MOTB look closer to freezing, but not this cold! Image

Last edited by Dr. Nebraska S. on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
car96
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by car96 »

Ahh yes, this explains it; we don’t get that cold in North Houston.
Dr. Nebraska S.

The new pocket flaps have been sewn in:

Magnoli’s team did a great job of matching the distressing of the flaps with the rest of the jacket, and sent the correct thread along, too. My alterations place here did a good job of getting these new flaps sewn on and perfectly aligned, both so that the snaps would fit perfect and so the old seams don’t show. I’m all set now!

Best wishes,
Dr. Nebraska S.

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Looks great. I’m shopping for my first last Crusade jacket. I still haven’t seen this on their website.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Ray, on his website, it's an option on the description page for the WL Adventure jacket. You want Version C.
Dr. Nebraska S.

Chewbacca Jones wrote:Ray, on his website, it's an option on the description page for the WL Adventure jacket. You want Version C.
Exactly what Chewie says here. If you use Facebook and look on Magnoli’s Facebook page for November 29 (or his photos), you’ll see these photos of my jacket with the following description:
“Our White Label Adventure Jacket is now available in our popular "Version C" model for only $295 (shipping included): http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/adventu ... p-731.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;”

Dr. Nebraska S.

I’ve now posted a review of this jacket over on Magnoli’s site: http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/adventu ... p-731.html.

“Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was the first of the Indy movies I saw in the theater, and I always liked the LC Indy jacket the most. I ordered the Model C version of the White Label Adventure Jacket (which is Magnoli’s version of the LC jacket). Magnoli was very helpful and attentive throughout the ordering process, coaxing the right measurements through our discussions, and even offered some improvements based on the measurements he had from the suit he made me. I have not seen a better-looking LC jacket! I really wanted a leather hide with more character and better undertones than my previous leather jackets, and that’s what I got! The pre-distressing is excellent, and yet this is not a costume piece but one of the sturdiest made jackets I’ve owned. It’s very comfortable in a second-skin manner, especially with not only the hide but also the liner. This jacket has scratched all the itches I’ve had for not just a LC jacket, or even for an Indiana Jones Jacket, but also for any leather jacket!..

Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]”

Hope to see some more jacket photos posted soon!

Best wishes,
Dr. Nebraska S.

Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: First Magnoli LC White Label Jacket!

Post by Captain D »

Is the amount of distressing the same whether a customer orders a version 'A' (Raiders') or 'C' (Crusade) jacket, just out of curiosity? I was wondering simply because the LC jacket, in general, seems to have had more distinct / uniform distressing overall & I didn't know if Magnoli does the same with his option 'C' jackets vs. his Raiders' jackets for authenticity sakes. No biggie - just curious...
Dr. Nebraska S.

Captain D wrote:Is the amount of distressing the same whether a customer orders a version 'A' (Raiders') or 'C' (Crusade) jacket, just out of curiosity? I was wondering simply because the LC jacket, in general, seems to have had more distinct / uniform distressing overall & I didn't know if Magnoli does the same with his option 'C' jackets vs. his Raiders' jackets for authenticity sakes. No biggie - just curious...
Captain D, my “C” jacket in this post (see photos above) was distressed by Magnoli’s team without a specific request by me. I would assume the pre-distressed level of my jacket is the standard for the C jacket, which is more than the A jackets I’ve seen posted on COW here, such as: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67460 Hope this addresses your questions.

Best wishes,
Dr. Nebraska S.

Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Yes, the distressing level matches each film's jacket respectively. :TOH:
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Thanks man for your reply - hmm, just when I was about to choose option 'A' I learn about 'C' being already distressed LC style, lol. I've always liked the look of the LC and the fact that it already comes distressed to LC specs, ugh...decisions, decisions, :lol:. Btw, just curious too - are you looking to post any update pics of your LC jacket on your main site, Magnoli? Was wondering about seeing more pics of your LC jacket, the back yoke panel, etc. Thanks again for your time!
Dr. Nebraska S.

Captain D wrote:...Was wondering about seeing more pics of your LC jacket, the back yoke panel, etc...
Although not as good of quality of photos as Magnoli uses, I do have another photo in the meantime of the whole back of my LC jacket by Magnoli:

Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Thanks man for taking the time to snap a pic - lookin' good! :clap: Something for me to think on for sure as I was going for a Raiders,' but I do like that LC distressing. Excellent look and one in which I've been after myself ever since I first seen LC... :-k
kenobibale
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by kenobibale »

great looking jacket my friend. I just received mine, which i bought because of this thread. Could you tell me, what are the splits on the back panel like on yours? what i mean is the area between the bottom of the jacket and the side straps, is yours cut so the back panel is not connected to the side panels until the straps?
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

kenobibale wrote:great looking jacket my friend. I just received mine, which i bought because of this thread. Could you tell me, what are the splits on the back panel like on yours? what i mean is the area between the bottom of the jacket and the side straps, is yours cut so the back panel is not connected to the side panels until the straps?
I hope so... it would be an error if not.
kenobibale
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by kenobibale »

Tibor wrote:
kenobibale wrote:great looking jacket my friend. I just received mine, which i bought because of this thread. Could you tell me, what are the splits on the back panel like on yours? what i mean is the area between the bottom of the jacket and the side straps, is yours cut so the back panel is not connected to the side panels until the straps?
I hope so... it would be an error if not.
see that's what i am afriad of. I have a raiders magnoli and its split all the way from the bottom up to the straps. but this one the split is only about 1 inch while the straps are further up. its my only real complaint on an otherwise great jacket.
Dr. Nebraska S.

kenobibale wrote:
see that's what i am afriad of. I have a raiders magnoli and its split all the way from the bottom up to the straps. but this one the split is only about 1 inch while the straps are further up. its my only real complaint on an otherwise great jacket.
Sounds like our Magnoli LC jackets are the same.

kenobibale
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by kenobibale »

Dr. Nebraska S. wrote:
kenobibale wrote:
Sounds like our Magnoli LC jackets are the same.

it must be a quirk of the last crusade jacket, because i know magnoli is excellent for the details.
kenobibale
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by kenobibale »

here is a picture to better illustrate
https://imgur.com/a/Jlxho
Dr. Nebraska S.

kenobibale wrote:here is a picture to better illustrate
https://imgur.com/a/Jlxho
Yep, mine looks the same.

The Character
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by The Character »

Hi

This jacket looks to be the mutts in the main, and i really love the look of it but i have one question .. too be fair this may have been asked and answered before but its nagging me. Why do the front pastiche pockets have different shaped R & L corners on the bottom?..

Each pocket has one wide radius corner and one narrow radius corner which looks distinctly odd to me as its not something ive seen before ... i can see it on Nebraska's. is this an error or a quirk or something ive missed?

TC
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Very easy to answer that question. Because it is very screen accurate to the real film jacket and Magnoli seems to be the ony one to get that quirk right.
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Steele and jones gets it right too. I have one of their latest LC jackets.
The Character
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by The Character »

Hangs head in shame! .. lol i've honestly never noticed that before. Thats what forums are for i guess.
Dr. Nebraska S.

Are there any other Magnoli LC jacket owners out there? I’m liking mine more and more each day!

Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

I'm getting ready to purchase one myself. After reading prior posts, I'm looking to get a good fitting jacket to use as a template, measure myself, and have a tailor double-check those numbers. One thing in particular that I did ask the Magnoli shop was to see if I could could please kindly order a 'Model A' / Raiders jacket, yet have the 'Model C' / Last Crusade distressing pattern done instead. Happily, they agreed. I'll be sure to snap some pics once mine comes in closer towards the end of the summer... :TOH:
Dr. Nebraska S.

Captain D wrote:I'm getting ready to purchase one myself. After reading prior posts, I'm looking to get a good fitting jacket to use as a template, measure myself, and have a tailor double-check those numbers. One thing in particular that I did ask the Magnoli shop was to see if I could could please kindly order a 'Model A' / Raiders jacket, yet have the 'Model C' / Last Crusade distressing pattern done instead. Happily, they agreed. I'll be sure to snap some pics once mine comes in closer towards the end of the summer... :TOH:
I look forward to seeing it! This distressing job is looking better to me all the time. IMHO the distressing looks very similar to that of the recently posted photos of the Smithsonian LC jacket.

I would say we’re in a “golden age” for LC jacket offerings these days, with Magnoli White Label and S&J at the forefront of quality at a great bargain (IMHO), as well as some other budget and higher priced options becoming available, too. It’s a great time to be a LC jacket fan!

Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Placed the order, so now the wait begins, lol. In the meantime, how do folks like this medium weight cowhide that Magnoli uses? It looks pretty thin on the website, but is that how they are for the most part from those who have actually own one? As mentioned previously, I ordered a 'Model A,' but with the 'Model C' distressing instead. I also added a lil' to the sleeve length to help combat the 'ride up' effect once the cowhide crunches up in the arms after usage. Anymore pics folks would like to share, it'll help hold me over for the next few months, ;) .
Dr. Nebraska S.

Captain D wrote:Placed the order, so now the wait begins, lol. In the meantime, how do folks like this medium weight cowhide that Magnoli uses? It looks pretty thin on the website, but is that how they are for the most part from those who have actually own one? As mentioned previously, I ordered a 'Model A,' but with the 'Model C' distressing instead. I also added a lil' to the sleeve length to help combat the 'ride up' effect once the cowhide crunches up in the arms after usage. Anymore pics folks would like to share, it'll help hold me over for the next few months, ;) .
It’s been too hot and humid recently in my neck of the woods for jackets, but I’ll try to get some new photos in the near future to help tide you over. The thickness is spot-on for what I want in a jacket: substantial for a leather jacket, but light enough for warmer weather. I can wear it in warmer weather than is comfortable for my G&B Expedition (the cotton liner for the body helps, and having just the arms lined with satin isn’t too hot).

Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

And let us not forget, the original was not really thick leather either.
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Thanks gents for the replies! Sounds perfect as I'm actually hoping that the jacket isn't overly thick. Due to my weight, I'm aiming for: 1.) More of a tailored fit (hence, my opting for a Magnoli), 2.) A thinner (yet durable) hide, such as this particular cowhide.

Can't wait to see more pics & I'll be sure to post em' of mine once it arrives!
Dr. Nebraska S.

Captain D wrote:
Can't wait to see more pics & I'll be sure to post em' of mine once it arrives!
Here are a few more photos to help with the wait:

Last edited by Dr. Nebraska S. on Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Lookin' good, thanks man! Only a couple more weeks to go til' mine arrives, lol. I appreciate you taking the time to snap a few pics for me. I've watched Raiders' 3x this past week as I (somewhat patiently) await the jacket! As for a shirt, I may simply opt for a Costume Base rendition. Granted, it may not be 'built like a tank' quality as some of the other gear is, but for $35 it should be good enough to monkey around in. Besides, I read that the originals were very thin & the Costume Base isn't all that bad overall. Thank you again! :tup:
Gadzooks
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Gadzooks »

Hey Nebraska, jacket looks awesome on you (and off you, too!)

Questions for you:

1) Weighty enough to be a winter coat?
2) Can you fit a sweater underneath?
3) Can you lift your arms while zipped without going all flying squirrel?

Dr. Nebraska S.

Gadzooks wrote:Hey Nebraska, jacket looks awesome on you (and off you, too!)

Questions for you:

1) Weighty enough to be a winter coat?
2) Can you fit a sweater underneath?
3) Can you lift your arms while zipped without going all flying squirrel?

Thanks, Gadzooks! I’m able to fit a sweater or sweatshirt under mine and have done that for colder weather. But for our colder winter days here in Nebraska, I wear my B-9 parka. I would describe this as a fall and spring jacket for these parts—but I enjoy wearing it so much that I have it on over a sweater whatever winter days I can get away with it! Also, since it is a tailored jacket, you could work with Magnoli to make sure you have the room you need for a sweater.

As for raising arms, it doesn’t have gussets and isn’t as comfortable when raising arms as my G&B Expedition is (but the latter is both roomier and has gussets). So that’s probably closer to your “flying squirrel”? It may also depend on your measurements.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Dr. Nebraska S.

Dr. Nebraska S.

Just had some family photos taken, and wore the jacket, so I wanted to include them. These represent the color better than my own photos:

Mark Raats
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Raats »

Your jacket is incredible mate. I have a couple of Magnoli jackets and they are the best I have ever owned....

My Lambskin Raiders has taken forever to break in and the colouring is not as good as yours but, its my go-to Indy jacket and its travelled the world with me.

Thanks for sharing!
MARK
Gadzooks
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Gadzooks »

It's a beyoot!
Dr. Nebraska S.

Thank you, Mark and Gadzooks! Mark, reading on here of how much you have liked your Magnoli jacket was one of the good reviews that helped me to “make the plunge” in the first place. I’m glad to hear from you that it’ll just get better with time.

Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Received my Magnoli Indy jacket recently (pictures are in the works ;) ). Without question: quality workmanship, color, stitching, attention to detail, lightweight of the cowhide, customer service, etc. Although some of the measurements were slightly off, it's not bad overall. Magnoli was kind enough to say that if I wanted to have a jacket re-made, they would work with me to accommodate the errors and purchase price. But, I realize that it's challenging to purchase clothing online so while some of the errors may have fell on them, one can argue that some of the errors may have fallen on me in turn. We'll see if I ever sell it, but not bad.

Anyhow, I had asked if they could distress mine a 'touch' more than average for the LC pattern (I purchased a 'Model A' but with 'Model C' distressing). From the pictures provided thus far, I can say that yeah, mine had a bit more distressing to it, lol. I would absolutely recommend a Magnoli with high feedback to anyone considering one hands-down - especially at the $295 White Label price. I just appreciate Magnoli's willingness to make them available and customize sizing + distressing for us fans! :D

As a side note, I also just received the Costume Base Indy shirt. Surprisingly for $35, it's actually a good shirt! Although the slight 'sheen' to the polyester material may throw some folks off, it's a lot thicker and rugged than I was expecting. If I had to rate which film it may hint at the most, I'd probably say a good LC / KOTCS color. I once owned a Wested shirt...absolutely nothing wrong with it, but it felt too much like a high-end dress shirt. At their pricey amount, I was afraid to get it dirty or damaged so I ended up just selling it, lol. Whether or not the Costume Base Indy shirt is pure screen-accurate, I wouldn't know. But, it's one that I can wear, enjoy, and not have to 'baby' in which (to me) looks to be screen-accurate enough. When I put my Magnoli jacket and new CB shirt on, together they looked perfectly right out of the LC film.

Thanks a bunch for reading my review(s) and stay tuned for pics...
Last edited by Captain D on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kladdagh
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Kladdagh »

Can't wait to see the pics ... :)
Gadzooks
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Gadzooks »

Kladdagh wrote:Can't wait to see the pics ... :)
Hint hint ;)

Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Hello all,

Better late than never, lol:

https://imgur.com/cSJPH8Z" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://imgur.com/UUQTihh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://imgur.com/09LVweA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tried to show the shirt how it looks in real-life (color-wise). If the pics don't show, just let me know and I can re-do stuff. If you're able to zoom up, you'll see that the distressing looks natural (at least to me Magnoli's team did a great job).

Thanks for looking & your patience, ;) ...
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

Wow, that's some serious distressing on that jacket but looks well lived in. Hard to believe that its brand new!
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

This is a great thread and some beautiful jackets as well! :clap: