Alden boots in the snow? no problem

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Pascal
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Alden boots in the snow? no problem

Post by Pascal »

Hiho,

we had today a nice day with a lot of fresh snow. So the weather was ideal for a longer walk with the Aldens.

whipwarrior

Re: Alden boots in the snow? no problem

Post by whipwarrior »

Nice traction grips! Perfect weather for MotB gear! I've been thru several German winters back in the day, and that is one cold but beautiful country in winter! Bärenbach ~ Rheinland-Pfalz 4ever! :D
Pascal
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Pascal »

Indeed, but for a complete MotB-Gear it was not cold enaugh today - only -2°C (28 °F). So I would have melted with the thick cardigan. :-0

"Bärenbach ~ Rheinland-Pfalz" in the middle of nowhere - sounds like military, right? :TOH:
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

My Dad was stationed at Hahn AFB, 1985-1987. That's where I first saw Raiders and became a lifelong Indiana Jones fan. Germany was awesome. A beautiful, rural country. Green in the spring/summer, white & gray in the winter, with 4-foot snow and freezing, icy rain. It was miserably magnificent, and I will never forget it! If I ever decided to travel overseas again, I would return to Germany and visit our town, see what our old house looks like, etc. Based on Google Earth, the area hasn't changed at all in the past 30+ years. In fact, it looks exactly the same! :TOH:
Pascal
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Pascal »

But be beware: childhood memories are not the same like reality: It is rual only outside of cities (and there are a lot of them). And the winter has changed: It is hard to find snow deeper than 500 m (1600 feet) meanwhile.
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

:-k 1600 feet of snow sounds more than a little inconvenient. :shock:
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

We had plenty of school-free snow days! :D
Dangerfreak
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Dangerfreak »

No snow in my neck of the woods, just a few days of frost. I live in one of the warmest spots in southern England. They've had some snow up north, but I'd have to go to Scotland for anything decent. We do get lovely long summers though.

Sent from my XT1700 using Tapatalk