Wested Temple of Doom Sizing

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Wested Temple of Doom Sizing

Post by indy1936 »

Has anyone ever ordered a Wested ToD larger than size 46? I wanted to get a lamb in size 48 but was told this jacket isn't made in any skin larger than a 46. This seemed strange as the Wested Hero LC and Raiders can be ordered in sizes 50+. Is the ToD cut in a way that prevents larger sizes?
:-k
thanks!
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Wested Temple of Doom Sizing

Post by Glenville86 »

I got one in a size 50 chest. They used to have a block where you could add additional measurement or instructions. I loaded a size 46 and in the special instructions, asked for a 50 chest. They did not catch it for awhile and when they did scolded me a little but made the jacket.

They told me they used to offer the TOD in larger sizes but had trouble getting the measurements correct for it.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

indy1936 wrote: Is the ToD cut in a way that prevents larger sizes?
:-k
thanks!
It's the most tailored jacket around the waist and has smaller vents. So if you're a big guy the jacket may not be the most flattering.
Trenin
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Trenin »

Does Wested still offer the Temple of Doom jacket? I didn’t see it on their site...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Trenin wrote:Does Wested still offer the Temple of Doom jacket? I didn’t see it on their site...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, custom only:

https://www.wested.com/temple-of-doom-jacket-1698-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

Not that big. I just have a larger chest size. Well that is frustrating. They initially told me they could do it larger just not in lambskin. Then they backtracked and said not in any leather over 46.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

It might just be at the time you asked they couldn't. You have to think about the size of the animal and the amount of skin. They don't do a shrunken lamb option above 46" for that reason.
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

xmasters wrote:It might just be at the time you asked they couldn't. You have to think about the size of the animal and the amount of skin. They don't do a shrunken lamb option above 46" for that reason.
I see what you mean but they currently have size 54" in lamb available for raiders and crusade. Really odd.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Don't know. The ToD used to be available with a lot more leather choices and options. Maybe it's the least popular jacket with the highest number of returns. I don't know.
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

Got another response from Wested. Apparently they can do the larger sizes in lamb. Maybe there was some confusion over email. I remember Peter posted that he was working on the patterns for larger sizes 46+ years back.
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

indy1936 wrote:Got another response from Wested. Apparently they can do the larger sizes in lamb. Maybe there was some confusion over email. I remember Peter posted that he was working on the patterns for larger sizes 46+ years back.
Good, glad they can still do that! They really are great jackets. I'm a size 46 and my ToD fits just like the one in the movie. Since they are a bit tight I chatted with Peter a couple years ago about getting one in a size 48 (which he said they could do). I decided not to go for it, since it would look a little weird in the chest, but if mine bit the dust I'd get another without a second thought. Besides the incorrect vent, I think the ToD is Wested's most underrated jacket.
Attachments
a123781.jpeg
a123781.jpeg (49.94 KiB) Viewed 633 times
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

Photoss wrote:Good, glad they can still do that! They really are great jackets. I'm a size 46 and my ToD fits just like the one in the movie. Since they are a bit tight I chatted with Peter a couple years ago about getting one in a size 48 (which he said they could do). I decided not to go for it, since it would look a little weird in the chest, but if mine bit the dust I'd get another without a second thought. Besides the incorrect vent, I think the ToD is Wested's most underrated jacket.
Great looking jacket Photoss! Where is the ToD tighter? Is it more of a slimmer fit overall that the Raiders Hero?
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

indy1936 wrote: Great looking jacket Photoss! Where is the ToD tighter? Is it more of a slimmer fit overall that the Raiders Hero?
Thank you! I've never owned a Hero, but I know it's a slimmer fit than my S&J Raiders. The upper chest/arms/back shoulder area seems the slimmest. It hangs off me in an ill-fitting manner, but since that's exactly what I wanted it works great! It's not comfortable zipped up at all. By contrast, my custom Wested LC feels like an entire size larger, even though it's also a 46. If you want a solid ToD jacket, Wested is great. If you want a perfect replica with screen-accurate distressing and customization, go for a Steele & Jones Cazadora '35 (which I don't own, but all the pictures that used to be on the forums showed it to be perfect. The loss of hosting from Photobucket has made many pics disappear).