Trouser advice

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

TCS
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Trouser advice

Post by TCS »

Hello, I need some advice regarding which trousers to purchase. I don't want to purchase a custom made pair. I prefer the Raiders color. Which ones are screen accurate? Well made? The most durable for daily wear? Opinions please. Thank you.
teneas
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Trouser advice

Post by teneas »

I prefer Wested trousers. They are affordable, and don't seem to have the issues that they used to with the sizing.
TCS
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TCS »

Thank you, I appreciate it.
IndianaJustin
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndianaJustin »

Do you want something in wool, or would “close enough” in something like cotton be good, since you want it for daily wear?
Dangerfreak
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Dangerfreak »

TCS wrote:Hello, I need some advice regarding which trousers to purchase. I don't want to purchase a custom made pair. I prefer the Raiders color. Which ones are screen accurate? Well made? The most durable for daily wear? Opinions please. Thank you.
I've got Wested trousers and I'm very happy with them. Make sure your waist size is accurate though as they are made exactly to size whereas high street trousers have a bit of room in them usually. My trousers fit me exactly with no need for a belt which at first made them seem tight, but they're not really.

Sent from my XT1700 using Tapatalk
Dr. Nebraska S.

Trouser advice

Post by Dr. Nebraska S. »

The What Price Glory trousers are working well for me. I had my alterations place tailor them to me for very little, and they fit perfectly. You can see photos of them in my Magnoli LC jacket thread over here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68001

:TOH: Best wishes,
Dr. Nebraska S.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TCS
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TCS »

I appreciate the information. I know that I definitely want to go with wool. I just don't know if I want to try the Wested trousers or WPG. Thanks again for your time and help.