Indy Glasses Question.....

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Indy Glasses Question.....

Post by WConly »

Well, my older Savoy Row Indy Glasses finely pooped out on me.... well, sort of. I just had new lenses put in and two weeks later the acetate blond rim covers on one of the lenses fell apart. I contacted Frames Direct and they did some searching, etc. and said they could send me the correct acetate I need, but it would be in one piece and I would need to cut down and adhere to the glasses myself. Does anyone here have any experience in doing this? I could use some advise or assistance, please. Thanks, in advance. W>
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: Indy Glasses Question.....

Post by Michaelson »

How bad did the original edges actually 'fall apart'?

I had both sides of mine fall off, and I just super glued them back on. They've been fine ever since, and that was almost 5 years ago.

Regards! Michaelson
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Thanks for the reply on this..... The one covering the right just split into three pieces while I was attempting to wipe the lenses down. It was a truly 'Humpty Dumpty' deal for me. There just was not a way to put them back into order. I have been reviewing the photos of the frames since receiving this news from Frames Direct and I believe I can accomplish the mission with the new acetate, even though it is not pre-cut. Truth is, they look pretty cool without the front covers -- but, I sure would like to get them back into original order. Thanks, again for your concern and comments. Happy New Year. It may be a bit before I get back to this topic here, as my wife and I are leaving for Rome, Italy on Sunday for eight days! W>
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Safe travels, and I don't think you're going to have that much trouble replace the sides if you decide to do so, and yes, they DO look fine without them.

I wore mine for a couple months after mine popped off and they looked great. I put them back on when I decided to make them original again as I had other glasses I could wear.

Regards! M
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Thanks for all the feedback Mark. Greatly appreciated! I'll say 'Hello' to The Pope for you. W>
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: Indy Glasses Question.....Update!!!

Post by WConly »

My glasses and I are now back to normal thanks to Frames Direct for sending me the acetate for them and a local optical shop that had them on in no time. I am so happy I could shout ;) !!!!

ps: Mark, I told the Pope hello for you, as he was passing by our row to do a Mass (I think he heard me....understand, another story, but I gave it a shot anyway :-k .) W>
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:lol: :M: :tup: