Whats the authenticity of Westeds COA>

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Somerset fox
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Whats the authenticity of Westeds COA>

Post by Somerset fox »

Many moons ago, I bought a Wested TOD jacket, which has seen me proud for a long, long time. when I bought it, it came with a laminated piece of paper, stating it was a COA and that the jacket had been cut from the same patterns as the jacket worn by Harrison Ford in Temple Of Doom, which I took to mean Wested made the jacket for the film, but reading Indygear, it would suggest not.

What's the history of this claim? If Wested didn't make the original jacket, did they just obtain the patterns and can now claim what is made out on the COA? just curious...
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Re: Whats the authenticity of Westeds COA>

Post by Indiego Jones »

Wested ToD jackets are based on Noel Howard's screen-used HERO jacket.
They copied the jacket patterns.

So yes, the patterns are what the COA reads:
"cut from the same patterns as the jacket worn by Harrison Ford in Temple Of Doom"

The COA doesn't state that Wested made the jackets for the production.

NOTE:
It only applies for ToD jackets made from November 2008 in advance.

Cheers.-
Somerset fox
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Somerset fox »

Indiego Jones wrote:Wested ToD jackets are based on Noel Howard's screen-used HERO jacket.
They copied the jacket patterns.

So yes, the patterns are what the COA reads:
"cut from the same patterns as the jacket worn by Harrison Ford in Temple Of Doom"

The COA doesn't state that Wested made the jackets for the production.

NOTE:
It only applies for ToD jackets made from November 2008 in advance.

Cheers.-
Mystery solved. Thanks
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Post by Indiego Jones »

:TOH:
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

But once upon a time, Wested sold a Temple of Doom jacket, but it was really just their Raiders jacket but a tad longer (?!). It came with the certificate as well. I always saw the "original patterns" bit as a fairly specious claim.
davidd
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by davidd »

No, this is not a blurry, out-of-focus photo. This is what these classy certificates actually look like. Or at least, this is what the one I had looked like. It was barely readable, a laminated color photocopy of a photocopy, from back in the days when color photocopies didn't offer particularly high resolution.

(I love the title of this topic: What's the Authenticity of Wested's Certificate of Authenticity? )
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

That is correct. Wested did provide jackets for Temple of doom but they didn't land the contract. So, what happend to those ''wested temple'' jackets they provided we don't know? They may be the jackets we see on display here and there with quick bad distressing. And also that temple pattern may be the pattern used for what became the ''raiders'' jackets Peter sold to the public many years later. Who knows? The rabbit hole goes deep witht hat COA.

However, like mentioned above. The Noel Howard/screen used jacket that Peter borrowed is made from the original pattern.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Yes, and my 2002 LC jacket came with the same certificate even though the jacket had significantly different pocket flaps to the one in the film. Luckily the new one is very close. I would have been so happy to get that pattern back then. I no longer care so much about screen accuracy, although I've always fancied that ToD copy.