Wested LC Hero jacket!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

whipwarrior

Wested LC Hero jacket!

Post by whipwarrior »

My good friend Karlo (blackadder) shared this exciting news with me: https://www.facebook.com/WestedLeatherC ... 82/?type=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's so nice that they are honoring Peter in releasing the last jacket he was working on. I've been interested in the LC Hero for years, then it seemed like it wasn't going to happen. Now that it is, I feel it is only right to honor Mr. Botwright by adding his final jacket design to my Indy collection. I know he would be very pleased that he made so many Indy fans happy by making the jacket of our dreams, and we owe it to him to show our gratitude for all that Wested Leather has done for us Indy fans. And that new skin looks perfect - definitely worthy of Indiana Jones! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thank you for everything, Peter. God bless, and know that your work lives on, proudly worn by Indy fans all around the world. :TOH:

kozmoedave
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Wested LC Hero jacket!

Post by kozmoedave »

I saw this on Facebook. Now I need one.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I sent Wested a very nice e-mail requesting a place on the pre-order list. :D
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

I'd consider purchasing one of these 'Hero' Last Crusade jackets, but preferably in a hide other than lambskin, such as horsehide, cow, or goat. Great news all the same! :D
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I swore off lambskin jackets forever after my last one met an unfortunate accident circa 2008. My last two Indy jackets have been Wested's patented novapelle, but since this is Peter's final design, I am happy to own it exactly as The Master himself dictated. Besides, I don't really need another novapelle jacket, much as I truly adore that hide. The New Zealand lamb will provide a nice contrast to my Indy leatherwear.
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

I didn’t know striated lamb was SA to Crusade as well. I thought it was just Raiders. :-k Regardless, this is exciting news! I’ll have to check to see whether my budget can afford a Wested LC Hero jacket.
Kladdagh
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Kladdagh »

Need !!!!
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

The skin is a separate issue to the LC jacket, as the skin is really more appropriate to the Raiders jacket, which was made of NZ lamb and had striations on it.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Regardless of whichever type of hide wins out, that's what I'll be getting. :)
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

The real question is: What color will the undertones be? If they're grey like they have been for the past few years, then there wouldn't be much of a point in getting a Hero LC jacket... unless you don't care about it looking like the screen used one.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Off course people should be getting one.

Undertones is such a elusive thing. Of course it is nice to have a redder tone but not worth getting a hero LC because of the undertone being wrong?

Well, you might just as well throw out all of your Indy gear because non of the tones and undertones are completly accurate to what we see on screen anyway.

;) :TOH:
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Yeah the reason to buy it is because hopefully it's the correct screen accurate jacket pattern. The hide one choses is a secondary consideration as far as I'm concerned. Not everyone will want to distress the jacket artifically, so still plenty of reason to get one.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I'll probably do a moderate once-over with steel wool, highlight the seams and edges, but I'm not going full out movie distressing because it's overkill for a brand new jacket that I intend to wear on a regular basis, weather permitting. In terms of distressing, I've come to find that less is more to achieve a nice adventure-worn look. Natural wear enhances a subtle amount of artificial distressing after several years of consistent use.
The Character
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by The Character »

Im in and i will be doing the full distressing job on it ... Bring it on Wested!
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

The prototype is in.

I personally like it. I see there are a few points that need some tweaking still. But I like what I am seeing. Love the stormflap and pocket flaps.

Love the look of the skin as well.

A few details off or not. I'm getting one.

DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

I will definitely be getting one. It is Peters Legacy Jacket. I am going to miss calling Wested and talking with Peter. He was always so nice to talk to. Purchasing this jacket will remind me of him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

It looks great!!! Just need to lose the bottom hem stitch (folded & glued), and make sure the back sleeve seam is not piped. Otherwise, it looks magnificent! I'm definitely getting this, plus I ordered an AdVintage LC fedora to match!
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

That looks great! Can't wait to get one in one of the other skins! :D
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Looking good. I too would perhaps prefer a different skin as I've just got my Raiders jacket in the NZ lamb.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I sent Wested a brief e-mail noting the correct details on the waist and sleeves, along with a hi-res copy of this screenshot to illustrate them:

Fingers crossed for the final production jacket! :TOH:
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Probably not the best still to illustrate, seeing he's all bent over and everthing is at an angle and crinkled. They've got one of the long standing experts (JL) to look over the jacket anyway. A guy who knows Last Crusade jacket details like the back of his hand.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Excellent! Then it's in good hands. :TOH:
Kladdagh
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Kladdagh »

I'm looking foward to see the final product ... :)
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I know I am getting one. Too textured skin but love the color of it.

whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Sally replied to my e-mail to confirm that the screen-accurate details in the photo would be noted in the final production jacket, and I sent a batch of hi-res photos to illustrate the details. They are very happy for fan input to ensure that they produce the most accurate LC jacket possible. I know Peter would be very proud of everyone at The Barn for keeping the dream alive. They really do appreciate us, and we're very lucky to have such a great vendor as Wested. :TOH:
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

P.S. - Wested wrote this on their FB page:
The new Zealand lambskin we mentioned in our last post. It has a bit of natural scarring but it really is beautiful! It will be a limited edition skin however, only 25 jackets will be made in it as Last Crusade Hero jackets! We won't be getting any more of the skin in after that. It's a special dedication to Peter.
senorjacob
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by senorjacob »

Oh man. That’s amazing. I’m so glad I got a Raiders in that skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

senorjacob wrote:Oh man. That’s amazing. I’m so glad I got a Raiders in that skin.

If I’m reading that correctly, the NZ lamb is here for the long haul. It’s just that they’ll only use it for 25 of the LC Hero jackets.
senorjacob
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Wested LC Hero jacket!

Post by senorjacob »

Hmm. She’s saying they “won’t be getting any of the skin in after that.” Am I reading that wrong? Sounds to me like it won’t be around for the long haul.

Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

I received a message via Facebook on their site that stated that leather hides other than lambskin will be made available in the future which, until then, I'll simply wait for dark brown novapelle, horsehide, goatskin, etc.

As a side note, as much as I absolutely love everything that encompasses the LC jacket, personally I often wonder whether or not if it'll look good on me. What may look good on Ford may certainly not look equally good on me. Reason being, I'm 6' and 135lbs. Plus, even though I'm 38 years old, I'm often teased / mistaken for being in my early 20s. Praise God indeed, but I just think that the LC jacket may not look right on me. The pockets, collar, and so on is relatively larger on the LC jacket compared to, say, the ToD jacket. With that being said, the jacket may not look too proportionate on my skinny frame. So, I've been toying with the idea that maybe I should consider the ToD jacket instead simply because, with that particular jacket being trimmer and everything made smaller, it may 'match' my physical build better - if that concept makes any sense (I just wish that Wested would offer greater variety of leather hides with the ToD). The same goes with the fedoras. For instance...put an Adventurebilt or Herbert Johnson on my head and I look ridiculous. However, the Dorfman Pacific non-accurate Indy hat actually looks and feels much more comfortable and fitted. Crazy...

Nonetheless, I can't wait to see updates on this jacket as things progress! :D
Last edited by Captain D on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

D - I'm about the same build as you: 5'11", 195 lbs, same age. Every Indy jacket I've worn looks great on me. So no worries, friend! The Indy jacket is one of those timeless garments that compliments every wearer - especially paired with a snappy brown fedora! :TOH:
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

senorjacob wrote:Oh man. That’s amazing. I’m so glad I got a Raiders in that skin.

Me too if that's true!
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

This is going to be an awesome jacket! Sally wrote me:

It really is so nice that you are all so passionate about these jackets. It makes me really excited to get it right. I think my details are right now but I'm going to take another look at the armhole depth. Still looking a little low. All the photos have also given me a good structural view. Then we are good to go. I can't tell you how much your input has helped. Thank you.

So Wested is in good hands, and Peter's legacy lives on. :TOH:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

We all should be alittle carefull about sending wested loads of pictures and opinions on the pattern. Ive seen this show before and how it can turn. Many of us old timers have. But this reads good. There is no hiding from it being a fan input made jacket. And I am glad that hardcore LC brains are involved. :TOH:

However, in the end of the day, it is Pete's legacy and me being the hardcore LC nut that I am, I am glad this finally is happening. Can't wait to see what it will be!
:TOH:
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Don't worry, I only supplied her with hi-res publicity stills from the movie, and photos of the Smithsonian jacket donated by Harrison Ford, which is widely agreed to be the quintessential LC Hero jacket. If Wested is giving us the ultimate LC jacket, that's the one we want! :TOH:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

That's the one we want. :TOH:
senorjacob
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by senorjacob »

What are the main differences between the LC jacket that wested normally offers and this Hero?

whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Um, just about everything. :lol:
senorjacob
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by senorjacob »

:)

Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

The of the rack ''LC'' is acutually more CS then anything else. If you are not into details and screen accuray and the like. Please get it and be happy! Enjoy it for what it is. It is a good looking jacket that is reminiscent of the LC jacket. I have one. Its the one I try to destroy by wearing natually for the time being. Im really hard on it and seems to hold up.

But if you are into details and screen accuracy like me and many of us, then I recommend you should wait for the Hero.

The main difference between of the rack jacket and screen accurat jacket is: All of it.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Briefly, Wested's original OTR Last Crusade jacket was just their Raiders jacket with press studs on the storm flap. Everything else was identical. Then, after Peter developed the CS jacket prototype in 2008, that became their standard LC jacket due to the similarities shared by both models. In essence, the LC jacket gained the double-stitched shoulder seams featured on the Crystal Skull jacket (much to the chagrin of LC purists), and the rest is history. Now the LC Hero project is the final reckoning, so to speak, for Wested to deliver the ultimate screen accurate Crusade jacket, similar to their Raiders Hero. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for success, and based on what we've been hearing, this promises to be the most awesome Indiana Jones jacket ever. :whip:
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

Just FYI: The LC Jacket is up for sale on Wested’s Website!!! I just ordered mine. I have a feeling the 25 will sell fast! Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I ordered mine! :TOH: :whip:

Hi-res: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4575/377 ... aebd_o.jpg

Grab 'em fast, they're going like hotcakes!
Last edited by whipwarrior on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Just ordered mine!
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

senorjacob wrote:Hmm. She’s saying they “won’t be getting any of the skin in after that.” Am I reading that wrong? Sounds to me like it won’t be around for the long haul.
I stand corrected. I guess I just was reading it as I wanted it to be. It just doesn't make any sense. Why finally get the right skin and then stop ordering it? And why 25? Is that some number that was particularly significant to Peter? :? :-k
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Sally mentioned it was the last batch of hide ordered personally by Peter himself, prior to his passing. So it's probably a sentimental decision on her part, to honor his memory in the creation of this jacket. Then again, perhaps it is a unique batch of hides and the tannery won't produce them again. They may get another batch somewhere down the road. We'll just have to wait and see.

For posterity:
As many may know, our lovely Peter Botwright, founder of Wested Leather Co, passed away recently. To celebrate his life; and his legacy, we have decided to release the last jacket he had in his design files: The Last Crusade Hero.

The first 25 jackets will be produced solely in the skin pictured above, a medium weight New Zealand lambskin in dark brown with subtle striations. It is worth noting that the skin has natural scarring. When producing the jackets we are careful on where we put the scarring but there is no way avoid them. After these 25 are produced we will no longer be stocking the skin, these will be the only jackets of their kind.

In time, we will release the Last Crusade Hero jacket to be ordered in a variety of different skins but for now, we want to concentrate on these very special 25 jackets which will come with unique numbered certification. Our Peter meant the world to us, and we know he meant the world to you all too, so what better way to celebrate him than with an Indy jacket?
Last edited by whipwarrior on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Yes, these skins are this final batch that Peter personally ordered, the 25 is all they can make out of it so it's being done as a tribute to him. They may be able to get more of this leather in future but it will not be part of the 25.

Later they will open it up with other skins and hides.

I've talked with Sally and Rebecca and they are determined to do him proud and are doing a lot of homework. You can't do every mod that everyone wants as some conflict, so it will be a distillation, I am sure it will be a great addition to the library.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

... Must resist the urge to distress ... screen-accurate wear imploring me... jacket looks too shiny and new... *hand shakily reaching for steel wool & Scotchbrite pad* :lol:

Knibs, are you feeling froggy right now? You are the acknowledged master of the LC distressing style! :TOH:
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

whipwarrior wrote: Knibs, are you feeling froggy right now? You are the acknowledged master of the LC distressing style! :TOH:
You have no idea! AND I ordered a Magnoli TOD yesterday :shock:
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Well, if you're accepting orders, I just might be sending my new LC Hero your way for 'treatment' in a few months! :D