Wested Indy shirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Wested Indy shirt

Post by Marv »

I currently own one of the older (yellow tint and too big) Wested Indy shirts but am currently looking to maybe purchase another one.

After reading the forum thread on the Wested Indy shirt I gathered that it has been upgraded some what making it more SA and loosing the yellowish shade.

As most of the photos in the thread have been removed (photobucket) I was wondering if anybody who has recently purchased one from Wested could post some pics of it so I can get an idea of what the shirt looks like now.

Also on sizing, is the shirt true to size or do you need to order up - I am currently a size 44" chest so would order from the Wested size chart eg. size 44" = Large etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as always.
distantpeople
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Wested Indy shirt

Post by distantpeople »

This one is a Large / 44 and for me is an accurate fit.

https://i.imgur.com/4fqm2z1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other than hand washing and drying flat (which I think improves the appearance), am replacing the buttons with original 1930s-era which are khaki/olive in colour to be truer to Last Crusade.
Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Marv »

thanks for the photo, the colour certainly looks better and more of a stone shade which is great, was there much shrinkage after washing and is fit tight or comfortable.
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

I have one of the yellow ones and awhile back ordered the new one in XXL. Way too short for my height.....

New color does look much better.
distantpeople
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by distantpeople »

Marv wrote:thanks for the photo, the colour certainly looks better and more of a stone shade which is great, was there much shrinkage after washing and is fit tight or comfortable.
Not too much shrinkage at all. It's a comfortable fit.
Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Marv »

I've gone ahead and ordered a size Large (44") so let's see how it turns out fit wise.
distantpeople
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by distantpeople »

Would be curious how it fits you.

...also replaced the buttons...opinions?

https://i.imgur.com/SLdrXz3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://i.imgur.com/zBbJiKn.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

A bit too dark for SA, but they look good, and they have the vintage pedigree. I like it.
Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Marv »

Wested Indy shirt received yesterday in a size Large, great quality and a far better colour shade so not complaints there however, the seems to be a little on the big side for a Large (44" chest) and I think I could have possibly got away with a Medium.

Anyways, rather than send it back I decided to give the shirt a hot wash and see if I can shrink it down a little for a better fit to which I have done but not tried it on yet as I was leaving it to heat dry overnight.

Will try it on tonight and see if the results are favourable.
distantpeople
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by distantpeople »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:A bit too dark for SA, but they look good, and they have the vintage pedigree. I like it.
Thanks - if anyone runs across any vintage/bakelite buttons that are the right shade, I'm interested!
distantpeople
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by distantpeople »

Marv wrote:Wested Indy shirt received yesterday in a size Large, great quality and a far better colour shade so not complaints there however, the seems to be a little on the big side for a Large (44" chest) and I think I could have possibly got away with a Medium.

Anyways, rather than send it back I decided to give the shirt a hot wash and see if I can shrink it down a little for a better fit to which I have done but not tried it on yet as I was leaving it to heat dry overnight.

Will try it on tonight and see if the results are favourable.
Mine shrank a bit so hopefully that will do the trick for you.
Dangerfreak
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Dangerfreak »

I bought a Wested Indy shirt about a year ago. I find it a comfortable fit, not too tight, but not too baggy either. I think the colour is about right, if anything it's lightened a little after a few washes and drying in the sun. I'm purfectly happy with it.
I would post some pictures, but I'm also with photobucket, so no can do I'm afraid.
Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Marv »

Well I tried the shirt on this evening and it looks to have shrunk a tiny bit (I washed it on a 60 degree run) but not as much as I would have like so back in the machine it has gone, this time on a 90 degrees wash so it will either shrink or it won't after this I think.

It's been washed, hung on a hanger and is currently drying over night on a heated maiden, I'll have another look tomorrow and see if there has been any size difference, fingers crossed.
Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Marv »

Well tried the shirt tonight and it has shrunk enough to be between a Large and a Medium so I don't think it will shrink anymore unless I hammer it in the tumble dryer to be honest I'm not going to do that.

I fits well enough to wear as an every day shirt without being too tight as a pose to a cosplay item to which a Medium would be better.

Anyway I'm happy with the results and will be wearing the shirt for work tomorrow so well done Wested on another quality item. :TOH:
Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Marv »

Marv wrote:Well tried the shirt tonight and it has shrunk enough to be between a Large and a Medium so I don't think it will shrink anymore unless I hammer it in the tumble dryer to be honest I'm not going to do that.

I fits well enough to wear as an every day shirt without being too tight as a pose to a cosplay item to which a Medium would be better.

Anyway I'm happy with the results and will be wearing the shirt for work tomorrow so well done Wested on another quality item. :TOH:
The shirt currently worn after the above shrinkage treatment, looks good but I think I could have got away with a Medium.

Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Marv »

apologies for the huge photo, don't know what happened there I'm afraid. If you click on the photo it will show a smaller image.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Shirt does look much better for color, but whats going on with the pockets (top) doesn't look like wrinkles.

I had a linen shirt do this after wash and dry.

But does looking into after I get my next run of Azuma.

Croft :mrgreen:
Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Marv »

i think this is down to the hot wash and shrinkage, to be honest you can't really notice it when wearing but I personally feel that it gives the shirt a weathered lived in look, so not too bothered about it.

Even after shrinking I still think that I could have got away with a Medium and personally, I think that the their shirt are a little on the larger size for the label sizing but that's just me.

No complaints about the quality of the shirt and I have worn it a couple of times now for everyday use and it's been great, casual looking and looks good with jeans / boots etc.
Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Marv »

So anyway, decided to pick up myself a Wested size Medium and wow what a difference in the fit.

Gave the shirt a hot wash and with minimal shrinkage if fits great, so much better than the Large which was recommended for my 44" chest size.

I would say that the Wested shirts are over sized and you can definately get away with a size down especially between a Large & Medium as the back length is the same and only half an inch difference in the sleeve length which is nominal especially if you are rolling the sleeves anyway.