Wested Last Crusade in Horsehide

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Wested Last Crusade in Horsehide

Post by bearbeast »

I got my Wested about a month or two ago, but the hot weather hasn't allowed me to wear it until last week, when I had to go to Germany on a business trip and the weather was chilly enough to accommodate wearing it.

It is a custom Last Crusade:

- regular size 46
- extra pocket with zipper
- horsehide leather

I am very positively impressed by the look, feel and weight of the horsehide. The stitching seems a bit rough to me, but I put it up to the weight and lack of flexibility of the leather. But overall,
the leather is supple enough to provide a very comfortable wear. Just one drawback: if you need to take it off and carry it, it won't be easy. It is quite a heavy piece of garment.

The fit is very good, which was a huge relief, having seen the reviews on COW...

Anyway, some issues I have with the jacket:

- rough stitching in some parts, like the straps
- rough cut straps (perhaps also because of the leather weight)
- the zipper is sewn carelessly
- when wearing it I find it nigh to impossible to close the upper snap of the zipper flap (maybe it will get better as the leather gets softer)
- the snap on one of the pocket flaps was badly riveted and came off quite quickly

Here is an album with a few pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/35B7X

To summarize I would say I am quite satisfied with the jacket and am getting more excited about it the more I get to use it. :lol:

I am definitely interested in getting one in lighter weight leather to have for warm weather. But as I can only afford a Wested the stress with the sizing begins all over again.
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Wested Last Crusade in Horsehide

Post by Glenville86 »

Thanks for posting your review. I have 3-Wested HH jackets and they are good for the price.

The last Wested jacket I bought was a Raiders in dark brown goat. The female part of the snap on one pocket came off after a couple wears. It is on the inside and that pocket does not snap closed now.
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Glenville86 wrote:Thanks for posting your review. I have 3-Wested HH jackets and they are good for the price.

The last Wested jacket I bought was a Raiders in dark brown goat. The female part of the snap on one pocket came off after a couple wears. It is on the inside and that pocket does not snap closed now.
I agree, you can't beat Wested for the price. For the other quality makers it seems that the price point is $600-$700. A bit steep for my pocket. You can almost get two Westeds for that price. And the Wested leather seems very good. :TOH:
Tinplatejeff
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Tinplatejeff »

:-k
Last edited by Tinplatejeff on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tinplatejeff
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Tinplatejeff »

bearbeast wrote: Anyway, some issues I have with the jacket:

- when wearing it I find it nigh to impossible to close the upper snap of the zipper flap (maybe it will get better as the leather gets softer)
- the snap on one of the pocket flaps was badly riveted and came off quite quickly
I'm glad you're happy with it, it does look nice, but quality issues like this make me very happy I have a Steele & Jones on order.

:o
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Tinplatejeff wrote:
bearbeast wrote: Anyway, some issues I have with the jacket:

I'm glad you're happy with it, it does look nice, but quality issues like this make me very happy I have a Steele & Jones on order.

:o
A S&J does sound very nice, but I cannot really afford one. Well, I could if I only got a jacket. :-k

But I'd like to get other gear as well, or at least materials to make some stuff. I have a whip from Giovanni Celeste coming soon (still half of it to pay), I'd like to get leather to make a Webley holster, perhaps some leather to make a whip myself, some webbing + accessories to make a gas mask bag and I would like a nice hat as well...

Anyway, looking forward to seeing some pics of your new jacket!!! :TOH:
Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Marv »

Jacket looks great, shame about the pocket press stud though are you going to have it repaired locally or send it back to Wested (probably too costly I'm guessing).

I wish Wested would put the stud leather renforcement tabs inside the pockets like you find on A2 jackets, this would massively help with this type of issue.

My Hero jacket in shrunken lamb is fantastic but I am always a little cautious when snapping / unsnapping the pocket studs just in case as lamb isn't the strongest of hides and I really don't want to loose a press stud especially if it tears the leather in any way.

Other than that your LC look the business, just give it a nice HWT and it will look even better as this is the best way to break in horsehide - all my A2s have had this method, works great.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

I don't use the button presses on my jackets. I did on my Last Crusade Cowhide jacket and the bottom bit of the stormflap came off (after a few times). I did a suitable DIY job to put it back on. Didn't have this issue on my Lambskin LC, so I wondered if it was a case the thicker the leather makes the button presses less secure, as in constant snapping and unsnapping will loosen them.

I'd say your jacket looks fine. I've had a few jackets from them and the stitching is sometimes neat and perfect, sometimes a bit messy but unless there's actually a fault I wouldn't worry about it, as the thread is really strong.

Despite any of this I still think Wested is excellent value, where else can you get a custom real leather jacket with your own modifications for a hair over £200, and if something does break get in touch and they will be happy to remedy the situation.

Just another note, I'd start shaping that collar a bit. Which means bending it into a position more like the movies. I didn't do this myself for a while until I realised other people were. Can take a while to 'train' a collar if it needs it.
Last edited by xmasters on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Marv wrote:Jacket looks great, shame about the pocket press stud though are you going to have it repaired locally or send it back to Wested (probably too costly I'm guessing).

I wish Wested would put the stud leather renforcement tabs inside the pockets like you find on A2 jackets, this would massively help with this type of issue.

My Hero jacket in shrunken lamb is fantastic but I am always a little cautious when snapping / unsnapping the pocket studs just in case as lamb isn't the strongest of hides and I really don't want to loose a press stud especially if it tears the leather in any way.

Other than that your LC look the business, just give it a nice HWT and it will look even better as this is the best way to break in horsehide - all my A2s have had this method, works great.
Hey, Marv!

I do a little leather working myself, so I am going to try to repair the snap myself. It is definitely too costly to send it to Wested for repairs.

Hmmm, what is HWT? This is the first I am hearing of it...

All the best,
Bear
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Hot water treatment. Helps to break in the jacket and mold it to your body a bit. I've had mixed results with this depending on what the leather is. Proceed carefully and it's not's mandatory.
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

xmasters wrote:I don't use the button presses on my jackets. I did on my Last Crusade Cowhide jacket and the bottom bit of the stormflap came off (after a few times). I did a suitable DIY job to put it back on. Didn't have this issue on my Lambskin LC, so I wondered if it was a case the thicker the leather makes the button presses less secure, as in constant snapping and unsnapping will loosen them.

I'd say your jacket looks fine. I've had a few jackets from them and the stitching is sometimes neat and perfect, sometimes a bit messy but unless there's actually a fault I wouldn't worry about it, as the thread is really strong.

Despite any of this I still think Wested is excellent value, where else can you get a custom real leather jacket with your own modifications for a hair over £200, and if something does break get in touch and they will be happy to remedy the situation.

Just another note, I'd start shaping that collar a bit. Which means bending it into a position more like the movies. I didn't do this myself for a while until I realised other people were. Can take a while to 'train' a collar if it needs it.
Xmasters, that's a great idea about the collar. It is flying too loosely away from my neck. #-o I didn't think of shaping it until now...

In my case the riveting on the snap was incomplete, I guess it was just a mishap, not especially related to the leather weight. No harm done, it can happen and I can replace it myself, as you said.

I definitely think Wested is great value, too. The leather is excellent and the stitching seems strong. And even for my country the price is very good for a leather jacket.

Cheers,
Bear
Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Hammerklavier »

very nice fit !! how many lbs of this jacket?
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Hammerklavier wrote:very nice fit !! how many lbs of this jacket?
Thank you, HK! I will have to weigh it when I get home and get back to you. I would estimate about 4-5 pounds, but I might be veeery wrong. :TOH:
The Character
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by The Character »

Looks great but also way too new! ....

Wested's HH really can take a bit of a beating so i'd wait a while on it to see it shape ... personally i think you need to throw yourself under a truck! .. in the nicest way possible way of course! but if thats not feasible and you don't want to artificially distress it maybe do the old hot water under the shower trick .. The leather will eventually get damp feeling and then put it on and let it shape up .. it will add the character you might feel is missing AND as suggested you can do some collars shaping to boot. fresh out the box all my jackets have been a little 'hmm' .. it takes time to break them in.

On the pocket zip ... I've never seen one with a zip on the inside pocket so thats new for me .. maybe they were not quite sure how to do it?...

on the snap .. I've had this happen as well. the brassier relies on a hand riveting process and sometimes you get a duff one .. but its still annoying .. that said maybe get Wested to send you a couple of spares and take it somewhere local ... personally i never have mine snapped closed as I'm forever digging around but if it bugs you get it sorted ...
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

The Character wrote:Looks great but also way too new! ....

Wested's HH really can take a bit of a beating so i'd wait a while on it to see it shape ... personally i think you need to throw yourself under a truck! .. in the nicest way possible way of course! but if thats not feasible and you don't want to artificially distress it maybe do the old hot water under the shower trick .. The leather will eventually get damp feeling and then put it on and let it shape up .. it will add the character you might feel is missing AND as suggested you can do some collars shaping to boot. fresh out the box all my jackets have been a little 'hmm' .. it takes time to break them in.

On the pocket zip ... I've never seen one with a zip on the inside pocket so thats new for me .. maybe they were not quite sure how to do it?...

on the snap .. I've had this happen as well. the brassier relies on a hand riveting process and sometimes you get a duff one .. but its still annoying .. that said maybe get Wested to send you a couple of spares and take it somewhere local ... personally i never have mine snapped closed as I'm forever digging around but if it bugs you get it sorted ...
Hahahahaha \:D/ I was always imagining the 'under the truck' scene from ROTLA when thinking of distressing. It is really the most you can beat up your gear.

But, really, I like the brand new look on all my gear. I am thinking in a few years, 10, 15, 20... after countless adventures, perhaps less exciting than Indy's, all my stuff will be nice and weathered. I am really planning to wear the jacket as much as possible.

Edit: PS:

I also kind of like the non closing flap. As you said, it is easier when always searching for stuff inside your pockets.

Cheers,
Bear
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Hammerklavier wrote:very nice fit !! how many lbs of this jacket?
So, just got home and weighed the jacket:

- it is 2 kg (4.4 pounds)

I was quite close! :shock:

Cheers,
Bear
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

xmasters wrote:Hot water treatment. Helps to break in the jacket and mold it to your body a bit. I've had mixed results with this depending on what the leather is. Proceed carefully and it's not's mandatory.
Aaahaaa, ok! Thank you for the explanation, Xmasters!

I think for now I will use it 'as is'. It has already softened a lot. I hope with wear (heavy wear) it will mold to me!

My best,
Bear
Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Hammerklavier »

wear it in any kinds of weather, enjoy!
Marv
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Marv »

bearbeast wrote:
xmasters wrote:Hot water treatment. Helps to break in the jacket and mold it to your body a bit. I've had mixed results with this depending on what the leather is. Proceed carefully and it's not's mandatory.

I think for now I will use it 'as is'. It has already softened a lot. I hope with wear (heavy wear) it will mold to me!

My best,
Bear
There are various degrees of HWT you can give your jacket from the extreme of dunking it in a hot bath and wearing until dry to just using a spray bottle (like the ones for plants) with hot tap water and misting the leather until damp / wet (like being caught in a rain shower say) and wearing until dry.

This is find the best method and it works really well as you can decide how wet or not you want the jacket, this also works great for shaping the collar too.

You find (depeing on the leather) that the jacket takes on your shape, drapes better and wil show more of the natural grain of the hide as well as developing the required creasing effect.

Like Xmasters mentioned, its purely optional.
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Marv wrote:
bearbeast wrote:

My best,
Bear
There are various degrees of HWT you can give your jacket from the extreme of dunking it in a hot bath and wearing until dry to just using a spray bottle (like the ones for plants) with hot tap water and misting the leather until damp / wet (like being caught in a rain shower say) and wearing until dry.

This is find the best method and it works really well as you can decide how wet or not you want the jacket, this also works great for shaping the collar too.

You find (depeing on the leather) that the jacket takes on your shape, drapes better and wil show more of the natural grain of the hide as well as developing the required creasing effect.

Like Xmasters mentioned, its purely optional.
Wow, great explanation. I had no idea there were so many techniques developed just for leather jackets. I might try it on the collar as it sticks out annoyingly much. ](*,)
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

There's also the leave a heavy book on the collar technique.
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

xmasters wrote:There's also the leave a heavy book on the collar technique.
Won't that hurt my neck?! :-k :-k :-k

On a more serious note, I like this method better. And I do have some nice heavy books handy!

Thanks, Xmasters!!
AttyOzzy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by AttyOzzy »

Looks great bearbeast. Nice job on the sleeves! I have a horsehide Raiders from Wested - and yes it is definitely a heavier durable skin.

I suspect you will appreciate it all the more when you are still able to wear it when everyone else is grabbing their winter coats towards end of November and well into December.

Nice shoes btw.
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

AttyOzzy wrote:Looks great bearbeast. Nice job on the sleeves! I have a horsehide Raiders from Wested - and yes it is definitely a heavier durable skin.

I suspect you will appreciate it all the more when you are still able to wear it when everyone else is grabbing their winter coats towards end of November and well into December.

Nice shoes btw.
Thanks, AttyOzzy! Yeah, I think it is a three season coat. With a nice hoodie it can endure the wintervery well, I would say. Now I only need a very light (but still durable) one for the summer.

Also I cannot wait to see how it stands up to rain and snow!
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Great Jacket.

To get the collar sit right. All you need to do is soak it and wear it. Constantley curling the collar with your hands.

The collar is the most importnat feature to get the LC look. More so than the pockets IMO.
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Holt wrote:Great Jacket.

To get the collar sit right. All you need to do is soak it and wear it. Constantley curling the collar with your hands.

The collar is the most importnat feature to get the LC look. More so than the pockets IMO.
Hey, Holt! Thanks for the tip! :D It's nice to know the hide can take water without being ruined, also. (Not only for customizing it, but for worry-free-wear)

Today I tried to get caught in the rain with it (there was a pretty bad storm), but by the time I got dressed and left my place the pouring rain had already subsided...

First world problems :TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Horsehide is rated in terms of toughness and water resistance with goatskin, and both are below kangaroo hide. It's in the top three in longevity and tensile strength too.

That said, I have a prototype horsehide USW's Legend pattern that is EXTREMELY heavy in physical weight, and is my 'go-to' heavy weather jacket. I've worn it in many a rainstorm, and will have to say it responds wonderfully to wet weather.

I just wish the dang thing wasn't so heavy! :roll:

Anyway, you'll find that horsehide, regardless of maker, will definitely 'play nice' in the rain.

Regards! Michaelson
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Michaelson wrote:Horsehide is rated in terms of toughness and water resistance with goatskin, and both are below kangaroo hide. It's in the top three in longevity and tensile strength too.

That said, I have a prototype horsehide USW's Legend pattern that is EXTREMELY heavy in physical weight, and is my 'go-to' heavy weather jacket. I've worn it in many a rainstorm, and will have to say it responds wonderfully to wet weather.

I just wish the dang thing wasn't so heavy! :roll:

Anyway, you'll find that horsehide, regardless of maker, will definitely 'play nice' in the rain.

Regards! Michaelson
I know what you mean... it is so heavy that I would rather wear it and sweat it out, than carry it, when it gets too warm!

Considering what you said, I think I will be quite well protected against the rainy season, together with my leather hat (don't have a fedora....................yet), which
is also marketed as rain resistant and quite foldable/crushable. Or... adventure resistant. \:D/

Cheers,
Bear
Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Hammerklavier »

It's a shame USW don't offer anymore no new indy jacket for last 3 years)
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Hammerklavier wrote:It's a shame USW don't offer anymore no new indy jacket for last 3 years)
Hmmm, HK. I think it would be a bit out of my price range. Together with the shipping (and import taxes) from the US to Europe... Pricey, pricey...

But I've said that before and in the end I ended up putting money away and buying the previously considered "expensive" object.

Collectors life, I guess.... :shock:

Regards,
Bear
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Agreed. They're down to just the one offering now, and they NEVER offered the HH in their group.

Mine was the prototype which I purchased from the shop when the Legend was in development, but they determined it was just too much leather to deal with in an Indy jacket.

As you well know, there are a lot of 'parts' to make one of our jackets. The more parts you add, the heavier the jacket gets.

They had so many different hides to offer at the time, one more didn't seem to make any business to sense to them.

Have to agree, to a point....but then, the more Indy jacket offerings, the better to me. ;)

Regards! M
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

Fun to speculate, but there will probably be a surge once again in 2020 when the new Indy film comes out. Perhaps we will see more jacket vendors get into the business, at least for awhile...
Hammerklavier
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Hammerklavier »

The biggest disappointment was Wested dropped their Last Crusade Hero pattern project.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

The Horse can take it ALL.

I have beaten mine to heck and back. Its been completley soaked at least 15 times including machine cycles over the last 9 years. Its been BROKEN in. Its very soft and light. Then again, I aksed for light horsehide when I first ordered it back in the day.

Its been sandpapered, dragged thru gravel, dirt and sand. Its been completly torn UP. The skin has held up like a superherojacket.. however, the thread has popped here and there. No biggie as I sent it to a tailer reinfocing the jacket with some real hardwearing thread. So now its all good. This jaket will never die.

So, dont worrie about the horse. :TOH: ;)

xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Hammerklavier wrote:The biggest disappointment was Wested dropped their Last Crusade Hero pattern project.
It was a big disappointment when they put it to a poll on twitter and it came last. I guess the demand just wasn't strong enough.

Impressive jacket Holt. =P~
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Holt wrote:The Horse can take it ALL.

I have beaten mine to heck and back. Its been completley soaked at least 15 times including machine cycles over the last 9 years. Its been BROKEN in. Its very soft and light. Then again, I aksed for light horsehide when I first ordered it back in the day.

Its been sandpapered, dragged thru gravel, dirt and sand. Its been completly torn UP. The skin has held up like a superherojacket.. however, the thread has popped here and there. No biggie as I sent it to a tailer reinfocing the jacket with some real hardwearing thread. So now its all good. This jaket will never die.

So, dont worrie about the horse. :TOH: ;)

Wooow, Holt! That is amazing! I've seen your pictures in another thread, but I hadn't fully read the description. I thought it was artificial distressing.

It is really cool to see a jacket that's been through so much, I can feel the adventure in it!

By your description it sounds like you just might be an authentic, real life Indy! :-$
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Thanks. It's been given screen accurate artificial distressing when I decided to make it my go to cosplay jacket only. But before this, its been thru everything intentionally and unintentionally.

:whip:
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Charybdis wrote:Fun to speculate, but there will probably be a surge once again in 2020 when the new Indy film comes out. Perhaps we will see more jacket vendors get into the business, at least for awhile...
Yes, I'm sure there will be a huge market for all Indy related merchandise. I hope not also a price soar, but we will see. I hope by then I will have most of the gear I want, though I can't say I want too much stuff. However there always seems to be something new to desire...

Cheers,
Bear
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

So, a little update on the jacket. The pocket thread broke and came undone.

I am not too bad at sewing by hand, so I repaired it myself. I used doubled leather thread and reinforced the inside with a scrap of leather I had lying around.

For anyone curious here are some before and after pic
https://imgur.com/a/rrIQz

Thanks for viewing,
Bear
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Was there a loose thread that got snagged in that area? Just curious. I've heard stories over the years, but i own several Wested jackets and none of the threading as fallen apart yet.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

It breaking depends on the hide and the use of course.

Wested is known for using a sewing thread on the thinner side of the scale. Its perfect for light skins etc.

Supple lamb and supple cow moves with the thread. Heavy horse can fight with it to the point of breaking. Especially in stress points. Like shoulders, pockets. But this is most likely not to happen to anyone with normal wear. With the heavier jackets I normally have a leather tailor go over it.

But this is just me, I usually overthink and overengineer stuff. Yes, it's draining sometimes. :lol:
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

xmasters wrote:Was there a loose thread that got snagged in that area? Just curious. I've heard stories over the years, but i own several Wested jackets and none of the threading as fallen apart yet.
Hey, Xmasters, the sewing was loose, but the thread definitely did not get snagged. It just popped when I put my hand in it, I am guessing because it was the end of the sewing.

In addition, it is like Holt mentioned above... The horsehide is heavy and the thread seems to be on the thin side. And that was a BIG stress point.

No problem, though, I am glad I could fix. And I feel more secure in my right hand pocket now. ;)
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Holt wrote:It breaking depends on the hide and the use of course.

Wested is known for using a sewing thread on the thinner side of the scale. Its perfect for light skins etc.

Supple lamb and supple cow moves with the thread. Heavy horse can fight with it to the point of breaking. Especially in stress points. Like shoulders, pockets. But this is most likely not to happen to anyone with normal wear. With the heavier jackets I normally have a leather tailor go over it.

But this is just me, I usually overthink and overengineer stuff. Yes, it's draining sometimes. :lol:
Holt, you are definitely right about the leather fighting the thread. The horsehide in my jacket is heavy duty and one of the first things I noticed was the huge strain at each seam. The leather is very tough and the thread is pulled taut to break.

I haven't put the jacket to heavy use, but the pockets are a huge stress point, even without the heavy duty horsehide stretching the thread.

Over-engineering can indeed be tiresome, I practice it too. Whenever I build something I like a biiig, healthy safety factor so that whatever I make can endure anything. After all, I do not have the luxury of being protected by a lead lined refrigerator. \:D/

Cheers,
Bear
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

I hear what you're saying about the thread, but plenty of other people have wested horsehide jackets that aren't falling apart after two months. I'd maybe get in touch with Wested and send the pictures and see what they have to say.
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Hmmm, you might be right. I'll think about it and maybe I'll send them an email to see what they say.

Maybe I was a bit quick in fixing it myself. :o Leather sewing and sewing in general is a hobby of mine and I just couldn't help it... :oops:
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Small update. I wrote to Wested, with some pictures and I am now waiting for a reply.
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Update #2:

Wested answered to me. They were pretty cool about it.

You can see the answer below:

https://i.imgur.com/azdeGf6.png

I will give them the address so they can send the snap.

Regarding the thread and sewing, I will wait and see how the jacket holds up.

Cheers,
Bears
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Eehh? :-k Wested saying they never heard of this problem before?

Must be a new guy/girl answering those emails.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Holt your Wested Last Crusade jacket above, did wested use to make them with that pattern, or did you give them your movie accurate specs to make it? I mean, it really looks like the movie jacket, pocket flaps and everything.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Thanks. This is a special one of jacket wested made in 2008 using my personal specs and specs taken from the original jacket. This basicley was made over the phone with Peter.