Todd's Trousers alterations

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Zuiun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Todd's Trousers alterations

Post by Zuiun »

Anyone here have experience with having trousers from Todd's altered? Specifically, letting OUT the hem a bit. I have a pair that needs to be about an inch longer and I've had one seamstress tell me it's not possible with these pants. I have a few other options in my city, but before I go driving around for opinions, I'd see if anyone here has insight.
Adventure Dog
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Todd's Trousers alterations

Post by Adventure Dog »

From the hem style that are on the Todd's, I don't think it's possible either. Because the hem SEAM is actually at the bottom of the trouser, instead of the trouser hem being folded up into the pant leg, lengthening it out would be.... I don't want to say impossible, but I don't know how many tailors would attempt doing it because there is almost no extra fabric to let out.

When you compare the trouser hem of the Todd's pants another dress, you'll see the difference.

The good news is Todd's pants are highly sought after, and you may be able to get your initial investment back and instead buy some Wested's or WPG.

Good luck!
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Todd's Trousers alterations

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I think the issue with Todd's hems are they are cut with a 'military hem' meaning the bottom of the hem is cut on an angle (shorter in the front, longer in the back). Re-hemming trousers cut this way gets difficult.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff