Charcoal grey Fed "Clipper"

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Indy30
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Charcoal grey Fed "Clipper"

Post by Indy30 »

My grey Fed 4 came the other day. The box was a bit beat up and the hat had some dents, but I think the end result turned out alright. The crown height wasn't lopsided.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
alaska_mcghee
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: Charcoal grey Fed

Post by alaska_mcghee »

Great looking hat Indy30 and well done on the bash. You sir, make it look natural and organic straight out the box. It’s well suited for your face.
BTW I think you should shoot Hatsdirect a message and let them know how the hat arrived. Just so they know. In case they can do something to improve the situation in the future.
Wear your new hat it in good health.
Johnny
IndySmith-007
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by IndySmith-007 »

I had the same issue with my box when I got my Fed a couple months ago. I notified hatsdirect and they ended up apologizing, and offered to either send me a new hat, or refund my shipping. I chose to keep the hat, and was refunded shipping costs asap. The box was very mangled and the hat had lines on it where it looked like something heavy was laid on top of it during shipping. Hatsdirect was very accommodating, and the hat I'm very happy to say is great and was able to fix it with lots of steaming.
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

It's brown! :CR: :lol:

Seriously though, it looks like a great hat, and the color seems to perfectly reflect the clipper hat.
Indy30
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Charcoal grey Fed "Clipper"

Post by Indy30 »

alaska_mcghee wrote:Great looking hat Indy30 and well done on the bash. You sir, make it look natural and organic straight out the box. It’s well suited for your face.
BTW I think you should shoot Hatsdirect a message and let them know how the hat arrived. Just so they know. In case they can do something to improve the situation in the future.
Wear your new hat it in good health.
Johnny
Thanks for the compliments! I am going to email Hatsdirect with the pics of how it was received.

Indy30
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indy30 »

Mulceber wrote:It's brown! :CR: Image

Seriously though, it looks like a great hat, and the color seems to perfectly reflect the clipper hat.
All in the lighting! I really like this color much better than the moonstone.

Indy30
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indy30 »

IndySmith-007 wrote:I had the same issue with my box when I got my Fed a couple months ago. I notified hatsdirect and they ended up apologizing, and offered to either send me a new hat, or refund my shipping. I chose to keep the hat, and was refunded shipping costs asap. The box was very mangled and the hat had lines on it where it looked like something heavy was laid on top of it during shipping. Hatsdirect was very accommodating, and the hat I'm very happy to say is great and was able to fix it with lots of steaming.
Glad it turned out alright for you. TOH

Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

Any chance of getting some pics outside in natural light? I'd love to see what the actual color looks like. ;)
Indy30
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indy30 »

Dalexs wrote:Any chance of getting some pics outside in natural light? I'd love to see what the actual color looks like. ;)
I can do that. I'll try to take some pics this weekend

Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

Same inside as mine...

Funny how in another hat, the inside was all gold instead of gold and white...hmmm :-k

Also, they are now including that large tag on the inside of the sweatband. My older brown Fed IV did not have that..
alaska_mcghee
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by alaska_mcghee »

Nice liner. I still miss the old red one Akubra used to use.But the gold adds a nice touch of class. :clap:
What the heck is that white tag? What does it say? I have never seen one before.
Johnny
Clipper
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Clipper »

Looks good!

Funny that my liner is all gold. I wonder what is going to be the new one going forward. The two tone seems almost transitionary.

There's outdoor shots of mine here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67383" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I also just replaced my bow with a black one.

-Clipper
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

I believe the tag has care instructions...