Delcarpios whips

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Kunder
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Delcarpios whips

Post by Kunder »

Hello everyone! Newbie here, and I was considering a Delcarpio whip. I was curious if anyone on this site has one and if so could you post pictures? What do you think of them? I've handled some stock whips before but this would be my first bullwhip. Any help would be great! Thank You!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Canasta
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Delcarpios whips

Post by Canasta »

I don't have any pics, however, I have handled Bernardo's whips before. If you are looking for an Indy whip, you won't be disappointed.
C
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Del Carpio's whips are masterfully created Raiders whip clones. Bernardo goes out of his way to faithfully recreate the early Morgan 450 series bullwhips' design and construction.

I have an 8 footer, and it's by far been my favorite of the different ones I've owned.

:TOH:
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

I personally don't have one but they look fantastic! They are literally the most SA ROTLC whips you can get out there!
If you get the chance to get one, I suggest you don't miss that chance [-X . It could be a once in a lifetime situation.
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

My favorite of ALL my bullwhips. I own a 9' Raiders, and a few other whips from Bernardo. He's the best Indy whipmaker out there IHMO.

2001 David Morgan on left--not very "Raiders" in it's appearance, though an EXTREMELY nice whip. 2009 Del Carpio on the Right. A perfect "Raiders" replica, and my favorite whip to crack.

Daren Henry W.
Columbiana Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Columbiana Jones »

I'll second DarrenHenryW in that my DelCarpio is my favorite.

I've owned several of the big makers including an older Morgan, and this one is the one I keep coming back to for a Raiders feel and vibe. I also happen to really love my C-n-C, though, for getting out and practicing different skills.

RedburnIV
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by RedburnIV »

Wow beautiful whips! I just put in an order for one Kunder! I've heard great things about his whips and was curious too. I'll post up whenever I get it. :) Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

So here I am looking through these older posts because I am now considering on as well, and I couldn't help but notise the last post says " I'll post pics..."

WELL??? :whip: :-k :D

And you should have had enough time for an opinion or two also...please?
chenricy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by chenricy »

I love my 8 foot Del Carpio and never had a problem with it. Dealing with Bernardo is an absolute joy as well and really treated me as more of a friend than just a customer.

Here is my 8 foot Del with my 10 foot Morgan. Only the length of the handle gives it away.

RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

chenricy wrote:I love my 8 foot Del Carpio and never had a problem with it. Dealing with Bernardo is an absolute joy as well and really treated me as more of a friend than just a customer.

Here is my 8 foot Del with my 10 foot Morgan. Only the length of the handle gives it away.

Great pic, thanks for posting!

Well, I just put in my order to DelCarpio for a 9' LC style. It will be several months before It gets here, but I will post some pics if the thread is still alive then :-

Presently, I'm learning to crack using my excellent 8' McEachern Raiders whip (from 2012) using the Anthony De Longis "Mastering The Bullwhip" DVD set.

In fact, after about a week of slowly getting my form down, I was finally able to do that classic Indiana Jones overhand crack several times in a row today. \:D/
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I also recently picked up the DeLongis instructional DVDs to expand my whipcracking vocabulary, along with a Terry Jacka bullwhip because that's the design that the DeLongis method is built around. The DM / JM Indy bullwhips also perform well with Anthony's style, but the shorter handle is somewhat prohibitive for some of his more elaborate cracks. On the flip side, I'm finding the longer Jacka bullwhip handle more laborious than the shorter Indy handles I'm accustomed to. It seems to require more leverage to make the whip crack, and after a session, my arm is a bit sore from the effort. My new JM stockwhip, however, is great for those fancy moves because it is so much lighter compared to the Jacka bullwhip. I've got more than enough whips to keep occupied for awhile! :whip:

chenricy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by chenricy »

sexy looking ladies you guys got there... :lol:
InexorableTash
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by InexorableTash »

If we're done with objectifying women, here's my Del Carpio "Heritage" 9-footer:

New:

Aged 6 years:
chenricy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by chenricy »

whipwarrior wrote:I also recently picked up the DeLongis instructional DVDs to expand my whipcracking vocabulary, along with a Terry Jacka bullwhip because that's the design that the DeLongis method is built around. The DM / JM Indy bullwhips also perform well with Anthony's style, but the shorter handle is somewhat prohibitive for some of his more elaborate cracks. On the flip side, I'm finding the longer Jacka bullwhip handle more laborious than the shorter Indy handles I'm accustomed to. It seems to require more leverage to make the whip crack, and after a session, my arm is a bit sore from the effort. My new JM stockwhip, however, is great for those fancy moves because it is so much lighter compared to the Jacka bullwhip. I've got more than enough whips to keep occupied for awhile! :whip:

Please for the love of god no one bring politics on this great site! [-o<

As for your whips, which DVD did you get? I tried to order one online and couldn't get it. Also, do you do your cracks with or against the belly or an either/or kind of approach?
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I bought Anthony's Mastering the Bullwhip Vol. 1&2 / 3&4 from Valley Martial Arts Supply in L.A.

https://www.valleymartialarts.com/produ ... llwhip-dvd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've always thrown my whips along the natural curve, which allows the lash to flow smoothly. I tried the same method with my new stockwhip, but the hinge joint sometimes throws the whip out of alignment, causing the lash to miss the target by a few inches. Hopefully the problem will correct itself once the keeper is fully broken in.
chenricy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by chenricy »

whipwarrior wrote:I bought Anthony's Mastering the Bullwhip Vol. 1&2 / 3&4 from Valley Martial Arts Supply in L.A.

https://www.valleymartialarts.com/produ ... llwhip-dvd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've always thrown my whips along the natural curve, which allows the lash to flow smoothly. I tried the same method with my new stockwhip, but the hinge joint sometimes throws the whip out of alignment, causing the lash to miss the target by a few inches. Hopefully the problem will correct itself once the keeper is fully broken in.
Thanks man. I have noticed that if I go with the curve it's more accurate but against it's louder. Just wanted to make sure others are seeing the same thing.