Boot Advice

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

kozmoedave
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Boot Advice

Post by kozmoedave »

I think I'll soon be in the market for some boots. I'm the type of guy that wants Indy gear for every day use. Aldens aren't out of the question. But I'd like something I could wear at work, in the woods, in snow and ice, and that will last a LONG time... Advice?
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Boot Advice

Post by Glenville86 »

Alden sells mini lug sole Indy boots from their vendors. I have some and worn them in Winter. They also have the deep lug soles on one standard model.

I have some other Indy looking boots from Red Wing and Frye but they are mini lug soles. Red Wings last a long time.

If you want a serious all weather Indy boot, the Alden 404 Kudu would be my choice unless you bought another pair and had them resoled with a deeper lug sole.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Magnoli clothiers, Rugged Adventure Boot. Custom fit with serious soles for a similar price.
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/adventu ... p-307.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://unionmadegoods.com/product/alde ... -kudu-404/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-i ... n-kudu-404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yellowduke
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by yellowduke »

J Crew Kenton Leather Pacer are about half the price of Aldens, Goodyear welted and mini lug sole. Very good quality.
kozmoedave
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by kozmoedave »

Yellowduke, I went to the J. Crew site and those looked great, but they're sold out! Great news, though: I found a previously owned (but new) pair for a SONG on the Bay. I'd never seen those before. Thank you!
yellowduke
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by yellowduke »

kozmoedave wrote:Yellowduke, I went to the J. Crew site and those looked great, but they're sold out! Great news, though: I found a previously owned (but new) pair for a SONG on the Bay. I'd never seen those before. Thank you!
Outstanding! Glad to have helped.
kozmoedave
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by kozmoedave »

Just got them today. VERY comfortable, and they look great.