Advintage SOC Raiders Fedora

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

indyhan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Advintage SOC Raiders Fedora

Post by indyhan »

Jeremiah wrote:Indyhan, in what way would you mean by saying the turn can be tricky? I always thought it was simple. Maybe the tricky part is getting the precise look you want by just the right amount of turn? Not too much but not too little?
in my experience, the turn doesn't work for everyone. It worked fine on Ford, and for some of our lucky fellow cow members, but for some others, it doesn't .
Plus i think the amount of turn shouldn't be set before you get your hands on your hat.
i know some of us find the process of bashing a hat a tad daunting, but if you want the turn to be swell for you, you have to get your hat open crowned and work the turn yourself.
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

I agree with you on the open crown thing. When I got my AB from Steve it was pre bashed but not so much of a turn.
I had this sent open crowned and bashed myself this time as I did with my ABL Raiders. I found I enjoyed bashing hats. :TOH:
cropdustdair
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by cropdustdair »

Anybody else see the new Advintage site homepage? Now has that for a Gray Clipper fedora? It's a SOC, but changes from Monochrome to Sable when you click on it. Too bad Monochrome isn't offered (yet) on Advintage. It looks to be a perfect Gray Clipper fedora!
Thomas does offer two colors that could be considered a Gray Clipper. Smoke and Steel Gray. Thomas said the Steel Gray has some bluish in it. I say make this fedora in Monochrome and we have the perfect Gray Clipper fedora. End of discussion.