Third time's the charm

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Tokoki
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Third time's the charm

Post by Tokoki »

After spending way more than I ever figured...I finally got the jacket I was looking for.

I want an everyday "Raiders" jacket - don't need to be screen accurate or anything like that, just something I can wear every day that's comfortable (and that's obviously an Indiana Jones jacket).

Started out with a custom Raiders that was way too tight/short... That one was in goatskin - and it turns out that (from their Leather guide) "Sometimes in Goatskin we come across darker bundles that we offer separately". That jacket must have have been from that type of bundle, because while it was very dark (almost black) - it was also buttery smooth (which their typical goatskin is not).

Didn't take any pics on that one unfortunately...

Had to return that first jacket ... and after consulting with them and reading about the various differences, decided to get the Hero raiders, also in goatskin because I liked the look of that first jacket...

Got the Hero - almost perfect size wise - although the sleeves were way too tight for my comfort (even though, after wearing it a ton, it got to be a lot more comfortable). Length (26.5" on the Hero) was a tiny bit too short for my taste (I'm 6'4") - although not to the point where it was a big deal. The Size 46 was also just about perfect for a fitted jacket...but I like things to be a bit more loose. For reference, I have a 48" / backlength 30" leather jacket that I'm floating in - but Wested tends to make their jacket tighter than usual.

Goatskin on that one was the "typical" goatskin - more rough (ie: their typical goatskin), more brown/reddish.

All in all - like that jacket...but the more I thought about it, the more I figured...I want the perfect jacket.

I then read up more...talked to Wested - and the LC Jacket was suggested. More modern fit - bigger armholes...bigger pockets (actually like that).

So I finally decided to get the LC, in Lambskin (ie: the "original" leather)...Size 48" and back length ordered was 29.5". There's basically a 2" difference in how a Hero fits vs an ordinary jacket, so the Hero 26.5" + 2" ... + the additional inch I'd have preferred on the Hero jacket...that gave me 29.5". Since I don't particularly like the press studs at the top/bottom of the storm flap, I special ordered it with hidden press studs.

In went the order last week...Jacket came in today.

...and I'm in love. That jacket is absolutely perfect. Fits is great, length is perfect, lambskin is absolutely gorgeous.

Wanted to use acetone to weather it...but I think I'll hold off for now - will just use the alcohol / water treatment to get rid of the shine and have the jacket fit my body...

Anyway - long story short - I have my "Raiders" jacket finally, and it's perfect!

Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Third time's the charm

Post by Glenville86 »

Jacket looks like a great fit.

I am the same height as you and like my Indy jackets to be around 28 inches in the back.
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

Perfect! :whip: Congratz on getting THE jacket!
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Wonderfull. Enjoy it :TOH:
kozmoedave
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by kozmoedave »

That's really what we're all looking for, isn't it? OUR Indy jacket. Very cool.
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Good call for you! Looks perfect :tup: ! W>
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Stick a fork in this problem. You're done. PERFECT fit! :M: :tup:

Regard! Michaelson