Wested new trouser (pants) pattern. Pics inside.

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Wested new trouser (pants) pattern. Pics inside.

Post by indyfan1234 »

So recently bought a Wested pair of Indy trousers as I heard there was a new more SA pattern. I really like them. I got once size too big but shipping back to England and back to me would have been more cost then it was worth. I just use a belt to keep them on haha. But the new pattern looks more SA and the flaps seem better then the old ones. Here are pics if anyone is interested in getting Wested trousers.

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff32 ... rqj4dp.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff32 ... e1gr31.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff32 ... ybz6tq.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Wested new trouser (pants) pattern. Pics inside.

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Do the legs still taper at the bottom?
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

I can't tell but I will take them outside to get a better look at them and see and take a pic of the results.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Your response tells me they have reduced the amount of taper. I got a pair a few years ago and the waist to ankle ratio was so severe I looked like an inverted triangle wearing them.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

:rolling: I ended up with the MC Hammer look, myself. Somehow, MC Khaki Chewie just wasn't a winning look.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

MC Hammer Pants, perfect description! :rolling:

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

indyfan1234 wrote:So recently bought a Wested pair of Indy trousers as I heard there was a new more SA pattern. I really like them. I got once size too big but shipping back to England and back to me would have been more cost then it was worth. I just use a belt to keep them on haha. But the new pattern looks more SA and the flaps seem better then the old ones. Here are pics if anyone is interested in getting Wested trousers.

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff32 ... rqj4dp.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff32 ... e1gr31.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff32 ... ybz6tq.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the pics.
You said you got 1 size too big. That brings up the question of size accuracy. A few years back I had a Wested pair marked 34 waist that I could barely get closed. I had to sell them to a good home. I also got (and still have) a TODDS 34 waist that fit perfectly! :-k

Can you tell if these are accurate to the size as marked...or,do they run a little loose or tight? I put my name on TODDS latest list but lord knows when he'll get enough signatures to even start another run. I may give this another try.
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

Well I measure at 42 but i was exact 42 or very close and I was worried about sizing myself so I decided to order one size bigger (44) and being in London I didn't want to pay the cost of shipping them back as it would have been $60 to return for a new size in shipping. And the next size I am literally swimming in them. I'm not great with figuring out if they really match up to the real size. But I am too on Todd waiting list and I will get a 42 with him.
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Now,finally, the pockets look accurate,colour too.The fit is still a mystery..Modern or that notoriuos 30`s fit...
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

I just ordered my first Wested Trousers. I had my wife measure my waist Monday night. I usually wear a 32 Jeans in the waist. She measured me at a 37" so I ordered a 38". They arrived today and they fit good. No too snug. My wife will hem the pant legs but all in all very nice pants. Minus the crazy price for shipping. I am very happy. Because the British pound is so low right now I picked the pants up for $83.60 plus shipping which was $30.00. High quality material. You cant go wrong with these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

DiCatania wrote:I just ordered my first Wested Trousers. I had my wife measure my waist Monday night. I usually wear a 32 Jeans in the waist. She measured me at a 37" so I ordered a 38". They arrived today and they fit good. No too snug. My wife will hem the pant legs but all in all very nice pants. Minus the crazy price for shipping. I am very happy. Because the British pound is so low right now I picked the pants up for $83.60 plus shipping which was $30.00. High quality material. You cant go wrong with these.

Yea I love them besides me ordering the wrong size and too big. But they finally look accurate now. Along with the shirt.
kozmoedave
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by kozmoedave »

DiCatania, I appreciate the info on sizing. While it'll probably be a while before I'm buying any pants, it'll be my first pair. My sizing runs right where yours does.
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

No problem, happy to help.

whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I can chime in on this as the recipient of Wested's new and improved Indy pants. I had a pair several years ago, but sold them to finance a pair of Magnoli custom LC pants. Now that I'm back in the Raiders outfit game, I needed a suitably dark pair of Indy pants, and returned to Wested as the most affordable option. When they arrived, I was surprised to discover that they have, indeed, updated their pattern for greater screen accuracy. Most notably, the rear pocket flaps have been re-shaped closer to match the original Noel Howard pants, and they have thankfully fixed the position of the belt loops. The leg width also appears more uniform, eliminating the drastic taper of their early edition:

Old Wested pockets & belt loop configuration compared to new:

MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Now that I see those pockets,if Wested got the fit right (remember that low hang "you know what") either one of those pockets would`ve suited me just fine. :-k
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I actually like the old pocket flaps better, more of a generous cut. The new ones have a more drastic taper, lacking the elegant scallop of the original design.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

The color looks redder as well. Les pink, more red.

I like em. From your photo they kinda remind me of the beach LC pants.

Are the photos taken with flash?
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

The new pants were taken with a digital camera & flash, but the close-up shot of the original pants were photographed in a studio with professional lighting, thus appearing more natural in color. That said, yes, the new Wested pants do have somewhat of a reddish tinge in real life.
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

whipwarrior wrote:I actually like the old pocket flaps better, more of a generous cut. The new ones have a more drastic taper, lacking the elegant scallop of the original design.
Yup. This.

Wested's last gen pants had SA flaps plus corrected loops and taper. Just FYI.