Timberlands

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Gadzooks
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Timberlands

Post by Gadzooks »

Anybody a fan of Timberland boots? While obviously not SA some of their shoes do have a real "close enough" vibe and some very practical real world toughness, to boot (no pun intended)

I've been wearing different kinds of Timberlands for many years now but I just snatched up a pair of these with their big Easter sale deal (chance for up to 30% off) https://www.timberland.com/shop/mens-bo ... s-a12e7214" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and I gotta say, they're very comfy and very sturdy. Threw some black laces on and they already look more Indy!
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: Timberlands

Post by Charybdis »

I had a pair of Timberland shoes and those babies lasted me over 12 years! Great shoes.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Yep, I've had a pair of the Earthkeepers for over 7 years. Comfortable right out of the box and have many, many miles on them now.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Love timberlands. Good boot.
J.W.
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by J.W. »

I just retired a pair of Euro Hiker Boots after 20 years - okay didn't wear them for a couple of years in between and I wore them mainly for garden chores over last few years. The upper leather and general level of comfort was pretty good, but the soles were disappointing: slippery and simply not enough traction on loose ground, but okay for exploring urban areas. Would I buy another pair? Hard to say, probably not, because I've found even more comfortable boots for urban exploration.