What's the Paramount Jacket?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

What's the Paramount Jacket?

Post by CM »

Re-reading the LC write-up I discovered that Cooper and Paramount both produced a fan jacket in the 1980's - separate patterns and makers. As I read it the Paramount jacket was based on a pattern copied from the Adventure Outfitters jacket (Keppler). I have never noticed this extraordinary detail before.

For the release of LC, Paramount/LFL put out a fan jacket based on a fan jacket. I wonder if the archive jacket was a prototype of this jacket rather than a Keppler specifically. :Plymouth:

I'm not sure why LFL didn't just adapt the Cooper pattern. Or am I reading this wrong?

Can anyone post any photos of a Paramount jacket? Until this moment I thought all fan jackets were Coopers at this time in the 1980's.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Re: What's the Paramount Jacket?

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Funny thing is that I just got one of these in my possession. A friend of mine won it at a bookstore during the release of LC on VHS in the late '80s. It's a bomber jacket, but not screen accurate by any stretch. I have yet to find an image of another of these anywhere else in my internet searches. Interested parties will find it in the classifieds soon.

CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Interesting. There may well have been 2 or more Paramount version jackets. The one referred to in the write up talks of it begin modeled after Lee Keppler's pattern. This one is an A2 style.
Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Post by Solent MKIII »

Blast to the past! My manager and I each won one of these jackets from Paramount for the Last Crusade display I painted for our store ( worked at Tower Records in Lakewood painting video displays from 89' - 92' ). Still have it to this day along with the painted display hanging behind me in my studio as I type this - good memories from back then! ( I really enjoyed that job :D ).
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

CM wrote:Interesting. There may well have been 2 or more Paramount version jackets. The one referred to in the write up talks of it begin modeled after Lee Keppler's pattern. This one is an A2 style.
It wouldn't surprise me. Just think how many licensed hat variants they had on the shelves back then. I wonder if this version was a "contest" version, based on above?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Reminds me of the Pepsi jacket give away they had at the theater when LC premiered. :-k

Regards! Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Might be one and the same. It seems like this was definitely a "giveaway" jacket, as opposed to a shelf item, based on the bits I'm hearing.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Interesting artifact, but that's about all. :TOH:

I've seen a few in antique stores over the years with the Pepsi logo for around $50 or less, but wasn't interested myself.

Regards! M