My magazine article on Indy guns now online for free

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Trebor
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

My magazine article on Indy guns now online for free

Post by Trebor »

My GunUp the Magazine article from a couple years ago on The Guns of Indiana Jones is now online for free.

The best photos are of the Bapty from ScreenUsed. My editor sourced the other photos and in some cases got them wrong. (I *knew* I shoulda insisted I do it)

Still, I think it's a good writeup, and I name checked the forum here.

http://gunup.uberflip.com/h/i/1801521-june-2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: My magazine article on Indy guns now online for free

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Cool article! Too bad about the photos, but hey... at least you've got an actual Webley shown next to your Webley info... unlike the editors of the Lost Journal of Indiana Jones mistakenly replaced my Webley illustration with a Colt Peacemaker! ](*,)
Trebor
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Trebor »

Indy Magnoli wrote:Cool article! Too bad about the photos, but hey... at least you've got an actual Webley shown next to your Webley info... unlike the editors of the Lost Journal of Indiana Jones mistakenly replaced my Webley illustration with a Colt Peacemaker! ](*,)
You got a copy of that online?

Funny thing, for me, writing an article on the Guns of Indy was so freakin' cool because I remember reading articles in gun magazines when either Raiders or Temple came out. I remember one Guns & Ammo article that said Indy's revolver was a S&W Heavy Duty .38/44. Close, but no cigar...
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I remember that article, along with the one in the Q&A of NRA's "American Rifleman" that stated categorically his side arm of choice was the Webley Mark VII rather than the WG, and we posted for years before discovering it was wrong. #-o

I still have that little article too. ;)

Congratulations on YOUR article! :TOH:

Regard! Michaelson
micsteam
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by micsteam »

Yes !!! I remember reading that article and them saying Indy's revolver was S&W 38./.44 Heavy Duty !! Lol !! Jeeez !! I'm not alone ! I have to ask a question .. what is a Webley MK VII ?? I'm not knocking you Michaelson, I don't know if it's your typo, but if it was in their article .. completely wrong .. Webley never made a type or MK VII revolver, the MKVI was it .. they were doing some automatics and rifle and shotgun after that but that's about it. :TOH:
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Finally got to reading this. Nicely written.
Indy Magnoli wrote:Cool article! Too bad about the photos, but hey... at least you've got an actual Webley shown next to your Webley info... unlike the editors of the Lost Journal of Indiana Jones mistakenly replaced my Webley illustration with a Colt Peacemaker! ](*,)
Or like in the Ultimate Guide book where they show a picture of Indy from CS, but label his hat a HJ and say his jacket was made by Tony Novak. #-o

But, not to derail....

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

micsteam wrote:Yes !!! I remember reading that article and them saying Indy's revolver was S&W 38./.44 Heavy Duty !! Lol !! Jeeez !! I'm not alone ! I have to ask a question .. what is a Webley MK VII ?? I'm not knocking you Michaelson, I don't know if it's your typo, but if it was in their article .. completely wrong .. Webley never made a type or MK VII revolver, the MKVI was it .. they were doing some automatics and rifle and shotgun after that but that's about it. :TOH:
Yep, it was a MKVI, not VII. I was typing that on my tablet, which has a keyboard 1/3 the size of a regular keyboard. I'm amazed the post made any sense anyway, so just messing up the number is a miracle in itself! #-o

Thanks for catching that! :TOH:

That said, though, isn't THIS link intriguing, not to throw yet ANOTHER derail into the mix? ;)

http://www.andersonwheeler.co.uk/revolver" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards! M
Trebor
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Trebor »

Michaelson wrote:
micsteam wrote:Yes !!! I remember reading that article and them saying Indy's revolver was S&W 38./.44 Heavy Duty !! Lol !! Jeeez !! I'm not alone ! I have to ask a question .. what is a Webley MK VII ?? I'm not knocking you Michaelson, I don't know if it's your typo, but if it was in their article .. completely wrong .. Webley never made a type or MK VII revolver, the MKVI was it .. they were doing some automatics and rifle and shotgun after that but that's about it. :TOH:
Yep, it was a MKVI, not VII. I was typing that on my tablet, which has a keyboard 1/3 the size of a regular keyboard. I'm amazed the post made any sense anyway, so just messing up the number is a miracle in itself! #-o

Thanks for catching that! :TOH:

That said, though, isn't THIS link intriguing, not to throw yet ANOTHER derail into the mix? ;)

http://www.andersonwheeler.co.uk/revolver" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards! M
Interesting. I know one of the Pakastani gunmakers was flogging a replica Webley a few years back. I think it was more proof of concept than anything because I never heard any more about it.

Considering the gun laws in the UK I wonder if this is a "non gun".
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I don't know. :-k Looking at the few items they DO have, they seem to position themselves like Holland and Holland, which we know IS a legitimate British gun maker.

Regards! M
IndianaRedmon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaRedmon »

Cool, Thanks for the online article. :TOH:
micsteam
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by micsteam »

Michaelson, yeah what is that website ?? Very weird, nothing more than to get personal info from you. What do you think ?? :TOH: