Diagrams of Indy guns?

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

captblitzdawg
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Diagrams of Indy guns?

Post by captblitzdawg »

Does anyone have any diagrams/blueprints of any of the Indy guns? I have a 3-D paper model of a Webley but I am using other materials like chipboard and corrugated plastic to try and make it so it is light, but sturdy and holds together well. The barrel will be a wood dowel (I want to be able to take it places like conventions and events).
Thanks in advance!
captblitzdawg
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Diagrams of Indy guns?

Post by captblitzdawg »

I may still try to finish the paper/plastic cardmodel version of the Webley one day, but I have other things that need my time. So I pulled the trigger (see what I did there?) and ordered a replica.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381388531975?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully it will look as good as the picture and be to accurate scale!
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Albeit a good looking replica, that's a Mark IV and is significantly smaller than the Mark VI or WG. It's more on par with a S&W.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
micsteam
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by micsteam »

This is a Webley MK IV which is a small frame .38 ( not a Webley Green .. which currently no one makes replicas of, to my knowledge) or also known as an Enfield MKII .38. However, without having to purchase a real firearm, this is as close enough/good enough replacement to a cast resin Webley Green or a replica MK VI Webley ( which is not totally correct either, the Green model was used in LC and supposedly in KOTCS .. all we heard was the cock of the revolver). This weapon was issued predominantly during WWI/WWII to RAF pilots and servicemen and as a sidearm to servicemen/officers in other branches of the British or Canadian military. :TOH:
captblitzdawg
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by captblitzdawg »

Thanks, guys. I am really happy with this replica. For the price, this has a great feel, weight, color and balance to it. The shape of the grip and the flattened sides of the barrel really convince others about the gun. I made a requested appearance at a United Way Day of Caring event and made sure I checked it in with the police who were there. I told them I didn't want someone to come up to them or call 911 and say "There's a strange man in a cowboy hat with a gun in a holster!"
One of the best things about cosplaying as Indy is the gear and props you can use, and people liked seeing the whip work, and I let them handle the gun, the machete and the Holy Grail.