Post your Adventurebilts here!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Post your Adventurebilts here!

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Hard to tell just from a picture, but I would say the ribbon is sun faded. That's a lot of fading though. Check the backside of the ribbon and see if what the color difference is.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Yes. All the way around. Here is an inside shot

Last edited by Jeremiah on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I meant the backside of the ribbon meaning the side facing the hat.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Gotcha. Just checked and uploading photo in previous post. Yeah looks to be dark as originally sent.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Could be a little of both. Fading in the sun and dirt and sweat. If you want a way to clean it. First try running water on the entire ribbon. Don't soak the hat. Just run cold water and place your fingers under the water to get them wet and then rub your fingers in the water. Do this to the entire ribbon and let sit over night. If this doesn't work use rubbing alcohol.
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Thanks.
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

I thought about 99.999% of the people here wanted their ribbons to look like this?? :-k
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

](*,)

Read the entire post I made please. The part where I say I am not sure I would change this as it adds character.
Just asking if any thought it was just from sweat or mainly fade.
John answered and gave a solution aside from a new ribbon should I ever want to go back to a darker ribbon look.

Cheers.
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

Jeremiah wrote:](*,)

Read the entire post I made please. The part where I say I am not sure I would change this as it adds character.
Just asking if any thought it was just from sweat or mainly fade.
John answered and gave a solution aside from a new ribbon should I ever want to go back to a darker ribbon look.

Cheers.
but if you dont care if it looks that way,why care if its sweat or fade? :-k AND actually sweat would cause fading..its acid and salt..so your answer is ..yes its sweat and fade.. :TOH: :H:
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Still interesting that where I sweat is still darker though. Almost as if that protected the rest of the ribbon from fading.
IndianaGear Hunter
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndianaGear Hunter »

Could someone PM me Steve's email address?
It is going on 7 years since I ordered two hats and have gotten no replies to the emails I have been sending and am wondering if it has changed.

IGH
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

The only email address for Steve that I am aware of is the one listed on the AB website.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
IndianaGear Hunter
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndianaGear Hunter »

Thanks IJ! It is the same I have been using in the past with no response.
I'll keep trying........
zaynecarrick
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by zaynecarrick »

IndianaGear Hunter wrote:Thanks IJ! It is the same I have been using in the past with no response.
I'll keep trying........
Likewise for me. I was told by Steve he was going to ship my fedora out in late November with tracking number. It's already January. Certainly hope nothing bad has happened and that someone got their AB fedora in Jan appears to be a good sign.
alex1152
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by alex1152 »

zaynecarrick wrote:
IndianaGear Hunter wrote:Thanks IJ! It is the same I have been using in the past with no response.
I'll keep trying........
Likewise for me. I was told by Steve he was going to ship my fedora out in late November with tracking number. It's already January. Certainly hope nothing bad has happened and that someone got their AB fedora in Jan appears to be a good sign.
I got a hat from him in the beginning of January, the last time I heard from him was in mid December. I know he is working a lot to fulfill old orders, he told me he was going to stop taking new orders at the beginning of the year.

I really hope you get your hat soon. ;)
alex1152
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by alex1152 »

Some pictures of my Rabbit Raiders, for some reason when I got it I didn't like it that much, compared to my Adventurebilt deluxe, but it's slowly starting to grow on me.

What do you guys think?

alex1152
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by alex1152 »

:TOH: Here's my Adventurebilt Deluxe again, after I proposed to my girlfriend in Colombia.

alex1152
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by alex1152 »

Here's a really bad picture of my newest acquisition, after many years of wanting one I finally got it... Crystal Skull Beaver by Steve Delk.

lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Of course the outdoor photo of the deluxe is nicer vs the ones in the darker room with all the bad pixels and colors. But the shape of the hat looks really good.
zaynecarrick
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by zaynecarrick »

alex1152 wrote:
zaynecarrick wrote:
I'll keep trying........
I got a hat from him in the beginning of January, the last time I heard from him was in mid December. I know he is working a lot to fulfill old orders, he told me he was going to stop taking new orders at the beginning of the year.

I really hope you get your hat soon. ;)
Thanks for the update and those pictures are making me drool with envy. :tup:
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

That AB deluxe looks sweet Alex.
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

If one were to order an AB, how long would it take to get it?
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Only Steve can answer that. Shoot him an email and ask.
alex1152
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by alex1152 »

Jeremiah wrote:That AB deluxe looks sweet Alex.
Thank jeremiah! I love the colour and the shape of it, this and my travel raiders from Penman are my favorite hats.
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

AB Deluxe looks to be in a league of its own. Remarkable looking hat. :TOH:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

After almost 6.5 years my AB CS showed up on my doorstep last week. :lol:
The color is such a deep dark rich brown. It fits like a glove but the front brim stuck straight out so I've been breaking it in by pushing it down like the scene in South America. I've been wearing it daily rain or shine, because after such a long wait I can't bare to put it on a shelf or in a box.

Last edited by lantzn on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indyhan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indyhan »

well, 6.5 years is a long wait for sure
still, that hat is nothing short of stunning !
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Nice Hat. You wear it well.
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

lantzn wrote:After almost 6.5 years my AB CS showed up on my doorstep last week. :lol:
The color is such a deep dark rich brown. It fits like a glove but the front brim stuck straight out so I've been breaking it in by pushing it down like the scene in South America. I've been wearing it daily rain or shine, because after such a long wait I can'
Forrest For the Trees wrote:AB Deluxe looks to be in a league of its own. Remarkable looking hat. :TOH:
t bare to put it on a shelf or in a box.

6.5 years!! good grief..wow..I wonder has anyone else received their hat after waiting this long?? Wonder if Steve is finally getting to all the old orders? Wonder how many people have moved after waiting so long that never got theirs ? IF it was ever sent?? Either new person in home keeps it OR it gets sent back..
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Imagine that. A guy goes to PO box, hets a fedora. He does not wear them so he takes it to goodwill. :shock:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

I should have added back in December I sent Steve an email and he responded. He said I should see my hat after the first of the year. In my email I offered to pay the difference of the current price. When he told me that would really help I PayPal the money and I have my hat.
rogera
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by rogera »

Congratulations on your AB, it looks good on you!
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

That is certainly a long waiting period for the hat, however considering all that Steve has been through -- your patience -- and your generous addition on the 'current pricing,' I commend you for thinking of another, first and I also offer up that Steve is a man of his word in providing a truly quality product, in return.
From the looks of things -- this truly looks to have been a 'win-win-situation,' for you both :TOH: . W>
Ridgerunner58
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Between the Edge of Nowhere and the Edge of Somewhere.

Post by Ridgerunner58 »

I caved and did the same thing about a year and a half ago on both of mine. I don't regret it one bit. :TOH:
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Ridgerunner58 wrote:I caved and did the same thing about a year and a half ago on both of mine. I don't regret it one bit. :TOH:
Me either, I see all these other well known hatters getting top dollar for their hats and I figured I've paid a fair price for a hat made by the man whose hands made the hats for Ford. I'm just glad we didn't loose another person in death, I've had too much of that in my life lately.
I don't know what he does too his CS hats but I love how rigid, stiff they are. I can remove the hat using the brim with one hand. I can tell it's really going to hold its shape well. It also feels lighter then my other two hats, maybe that's just my imagination.
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Hey thats a nice looking hat! Congrats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

lantzn wrote:
Ridgerunner58 wrote:I caved and did the same thing about a year and a half ago on both of mine. I don't regret it one bit. :TOH:
Me either, I see all these other well known hatters getting top dollar for their hats and I figured I've paid a fair price for a hat made by the man whose hands made the hats for Ford. I'm just glad we didn't loose another person in death, I've had too much of that in my life lately.
I don't know what he does too his CS hats but I love how rigid, stiff they are. I can remove the hat using the brim with one hand. I can tell it's really going to hold its shape well. It also feels lighter then my other two hats, maybe that's just my imagination.
My opinion wont go over well here..never does..BUT isnt that like going to Red Lobster with a 50% off coupon..Then they tell you it will be 2hrs before your meal is ready when using a coupon..IF you want it in 20min you can pay the full price..Shouldnt you expect the same timely service even when getting a good deal?? Ive never agreed with the COW community of looking over what has happened concerning AB company..
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

youngjedi71 wrote:
lantzn wrote:
My opinion wont go over well here..never does..BUT isnt that like going to Red Lobster with a 50% off coupon..Then they tell you it will be 2hrs before your meal is ready when using a coupon..IF you want it in 20min you can pay the full price..Shouldnt you expect the same timely service even when getting a good deal?? Ive never agreed with the COW community of looking over what has happened concerning AB company..
Except at red lobster the staff doesn't come down with cancer and end up with zero finances. I guarantee if red lobster went bankrupt and you walked in with the coupon it would not be honored. I offered the extra money to help and figured I might get my hat. It turns out it did on both accounts.
I've been in both of Steve circumstances my wife got cancer and we lost her business so I can understand what it's like.
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

lantzn wrote:
youngjedi71 wrote:
lantzn wrote:
Except at red lobster the staff doesn't come down with cancer and end up with zero finances. I guarantee if red lobster went bankrupt and you walked in with the coupon it would not be honored. I offered the extra money to help and figured I might get my hat. It turns out it did on both accounts.
I've been in both of Steve circumstances my wife got cancer and we lost her business so I can understand what it's like.
My wife almost died of cancer. Didnt say I dont feel sorry for the guy
Ridgerunner58
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Between the Edge of Nowhere and the Edge of Somewhere.

Post by Ridgerunner58 »

youngjedi71 wrote:
lantzn wrote:
Not remotely close.

There was no preconceived intent here. Just a decent hardworking guy who got buried in an avalanche of orders for a product that only he could supply. Then other life circumstances hammered him again and stripped him of his health and financial resources

As between kicking someone when he's down and exercising some compassion and reaching out to a fellow human being who needs a hand up I choose the latter. I didn't lose sleep over the decision and I'm not losing sleep with frustration over the fact I am not getting something that became impossible through no-ones fault.

If the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure he would have done likewise.
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

:clap:
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

Ridgerunner58 wrote:
youngjedi71 wrote:
lantzn wrote:
Not remotely close.

There was no preconceived intent here. Just a decent hardworking guy who got buried in an avalanche of orders for a product that only he could supply. Then other life circumstances hammered him again and stripped him of his health and financial resources

As between kicking someone when he's down and exercising some compassion and reaching out to a fellow human being who needs a hand up I choose the latter. I didn't lose sleep over the decision and I'm not losing sleep with frustration over the fact I am not getting something that became impossible through no-ones fault.

If the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure he would have done likewise.
You might find this odd..but I know several people here on the forums that tend to think how i do..LIKE I said..my opinion on this matter dont fly well here sometimes..Fact is no matter how much some of you stick up for AB..No matter how nice the guy is..No matter the issue that came up..The facts are still facts..People spent good money on a product and got stiffed..IF this were anyone else but a known and liked person around here there would be countless threads of everyone agreeing..Im sorry I just cant see things your way or anyone elses that sees it as no big deal. People work hard for their money..Im very low income myself. I got taken for 140$ online one time for a DVD collection I bought or my wifes ONE xmas gift..Its been like 6 years ago..Ive never forgotten about it and wish bad things on those thieves..
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

'Nuff said on the matter. Focus of this thread is on the AB hats and members showing them off. Let's get back to that.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
zaynecarrick
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by zaynecarrick »

Just got my new AB Raiders beaver from Steve! It had been a pretty awful week for me both personally and professionally so to see that box from Mississippi finally at my door was a welcome respite, even if USPS beat up the box a bit. That new hat smell is unlike any other, strong enough to get through two flu-ridden and clogged nostrils. I may not have gotten to rock the Indy look on my way to some med school interviews in time, but I guess there's still a month or so left for a miracle. In any case, it was great to hear back from Steve and very welcome news that he's been very productive in getting hats out.
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Great news. Sorry about the rest. Now when you are feeling back to par, pics please.
micsteam
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by micsteam »

Great to hear you got your fedora !! Sorry about all the personal stuff, we wish you better and you'll get there !! Post pics as soon as you can !! Thanks and good luck with everything !! :TOH:
zaynecarrick
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by zaynecarrick »

Thanks all for the well wishes. Will be posting pics hopefully sometime next week.
zaynecarrick
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by zaynecarrick »

I likely need a new camera and phone but here's the new week-old AB Raiders beaver

In front of an actual Benz troop transport used in Raiders and the Indy ride at Disneyland

Top of the AB box I ordered from Sarah's Hat Boxes
Duck9000
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Duck9000 »

That's an amazing good looking hat. Congrats! :clap:

BTW, thanks for the hat boxes. My AB needs one badly :TOH:
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero