Here they are! - Stefan Hills' Wested Shirts & Pants

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Here they are! - Stefan Hills' Wested Shirts & Pants

Post by Pyroxene »

WESTED ON TOP, MBA LC, MBA ROTLA

WESTED BEHIND, MBA IN FRONT

WESTED SHIRT

WESTED SHIRT AND PANTS

WESTED SHIRT
Last edited by Pyroxene on Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Wow. I like the color of the shirt.

Ken
JAN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by JAN »

Looking good - bad lightning but still fine.

I was wondering if that crease in the pants are easily removed - these are not dresspants - but adventure ditto?!

Best regards

JAN
zohar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by zohar »

How well do the pants and shirt fit?
I agree with Ken, the color of the shirt looks great.
GCR
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by GCR »

They both look spectacular! I gotta get me some of these! I also agree about the shirt...great color. I think the crease in the pants can easily be minimized by going over them a few times with a clothes-iron. Wested has another customer coming their way... :wink:

-GCR
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Man, as if I'm short enough on cash to get everything else I want, now comes THIS! I've gotta find that winning lottery ticket somewhere soon.... :?
Cooler King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cooler King »

Need......... cash.......... GAH! :?

Very nice! Very good work, I can't wait! :D
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

The pants look great. I especially like the buttons. I am not worried about the crease. Creases come out in time and after several washes,
The shirt is a great color, the lightest I have seen.
I can't wait to get these for myself. We are going to keep Peter very busy.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Hemingway Jones wrote:Creases come out in time and after several washes,
Just a word of caution, if these are wool Cavalry Twill pants, I don't think you can wash them. They must be dry cleaned.

There is a product on the market called Dryel (http://www.dryel.com/) that is a safe way to care for dry clean only garments at home.

I have already had to invest because my collection of Dry Clean only garments is getting larger thanks to this hobby.
Torpedo Jones
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Torpedo Jones »

Hola a todos !!
Today I'm very very happy :D :D :D have received the pants and the shirt of Wested.
I have to say that it's the first Indy pants and shirt that I have, it has never had those of NH, therefore I cannot compare the qualities between one and other one.
Wested has done a magnificent work, the shirt is of a very good quality. I I have a Ives Saint Laurent and the quality of the cloth they are almost identical. As for the similar one with that of the movie, there will alvays be someone who finds some mistake, but what is I'm satisfied enough by it.
With the pants, I'm charmed with the fall that they have, the inconvenient only one for my taste, the fact is that the front pockets should be deeper.
The truth is that I'm much satisfied by this Peter's new work.
Yet I could not have fixed pics. If someone wanted to put them for me, please to send to me a mail that sent to him the pics.

Saludos
Cabinetman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cabinetman »

Pants color looks good. Appears to be a nice compromise. Light enough to be LC but still dark enough to be Raiders.

Thanks for posting (for Stefan), Pyro.

Cab
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

I must admit, the Wested tag on that shirt looks really nice. Very Classic.
Cabinetman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cabinetman »

Pyroxene wrote:I must admit, the Wested tag on that shirt looks really nice. Very Classic.
I agree. You think Peter would be offended if we requested not to have the British flag tag, though? Has nothing to do with the flag. I don't mind that one bit. It's just a lot of tag(s) for a shirt.

Again, no offense meant at all.
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Scandinavia Jones »

Why can't I see the pics? I can't see Pyro's avatar either... the copy/paste trick doesn't work... :(

/SJ
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Scandinavia Jones wrote:Why can't I see the pics? I can't see Pyro's avatar either... the copy/paste trick doesn't work... :(

/SJ
Sometimes bandwidth traffic bottlenecks at my ISP. It usually take 10-15 mins then it clears up.

Esp. if you can't see my avatar, that's what's going on.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

OH NO!!! So light in color. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

I like it! I'm sure Peter (now that the patterns are there) could do different colors: (i.e.: stone or khaki for example). I may have to grab some of these myself!
cliffhanger
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by cliffhanger »

I too prefer the color. The main thing I didn't like about MBA was that you had to dye it another color. Too khaki for me. When I was a kid I thought Indy's shirt was white. Yet another plus for Cabela's...that stone color. Outstanding, Peter!

Peace,
Cliffhanger
GCR
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by GCR »

agent5 wrote:OH NO!!! So light in color. :cry: :cry: :cry:
If you're referring to the shirt, I think the flash used in the pics may have washed the color out just a bit. A nice shot of the shirt and pants outside would be best.

Also, I have a question about the first pic, with the three pairs of pants. Is the Wested version the pair at the top of the pic, under the other two pairs? Or is it the pair lying on top of the other pairs, on the bottom of the pic?

-GCR
Cabinetman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cabinetman »

GCR wrote:Also, I have a question about the first pic, with the three pairs of pants. Is the Wested version the pair at the top of the pic, under the other two pairs? Or is it the pair lying on top of the other pairs, on the bottom of the pic?

-GCR
Looking at the construction (i.e., belt loops placement), Wested pants would be at the top, not on the top.
Farnham54
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Farnham54 »

How rough and tumble are these pants? I've been searching and searching for a decent pair of work pants (Jeans are no good) but all my Timber Creek's wear out in a few weeks of wear.

Would these Cav. Twills last through rough and tumble bush work? Or would they be excruciatingly hot in 20 Celsius plus weather?

Thanks guys, they look great!

Farn
schwammy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by schwammy »

The shirt collar looks stiff, and without the characteristic 'swoop' that the MBA collar had. Does it have a stiffening piece of plastic inside?

I miss the scalloped rear trousers pocket too. I also like the darker MBA Raiders color, although the Wested color looks like a good compromise between the two MBA colors. Other than that, they look great. Love the shirt color!
antiquity collector
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by antiquity collector »

Has anybody else noticed the difference in belt loop spacing? Did Peter take some out and spread them?

Not trying to take away the impressiveness of these as they look great!

AC
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

agent5 wrote:OH NO!!! So light in color. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I think it's the pics... both look too gray to me. I'll try and take some decent outdoor pics after Gettysburg.

Mike
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Mmm... the shirt collar looks too small. Wish the pics were clearer (and closer). Still, the Wested label is, indeed, classic. It's a welcome sight.
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

Hey, come on! Let’s all sing along...

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be ‘FilmCostumier’s’
Let 'em be doctors and lawyers and such
Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be ‘FilmCostumier’s’
Cause they'll ‘never do right’ and they're always ‘criticized’
Even by someone they love

Sorry, couldn’t help but hum this lil’ tune in jest while reading some of the comments. Nuttin’ personal meant, as always. I’m guilty of being as finicky as anybody, but I think I’ll reserve posting my critique until such time as I actually have a chance to see them in person, or ‘till such time as there is more information to form a fair assessment. We all know how pictures posted here on the board can never really do justice to any product, and they have certainly not been field tested as yet. So, in the interim, my shirt and pant’s, ...er, hat is off to Peter for making this extraordinary effort for us fans.;)

However, I’m sure ALL input is helpful to Peter should he care to make any improvements. There already seems to be a consensus that the side pockets of the pant's could be deeper and that the rear pockets are definitely not as scalloped without relying on picture quality alone.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

The main thing I didn't like about MBA was that you had to dye it another color.
had to
Well, you didn't have to.

Even thought the color of the pic may be off you can still see the difference in the colors and I think it's way too light. I prefer to have it be more the actual color than what's seen on the screen. Just a matter of choice. I like when yu take a picture and it looks like exactly what's seen on the screen. If you have a lighter shirt it'll just show up like an eggshell color or a whiter white, not the light tan it's supposed to be.
Looking at the dvd I noticed that Indy's Tannis robe seems to be made from the same material as the shirts. Just a guess but it looks like it to me. You can see the color fluctuate in the film on this as well, just like the shirts.
I think the collar stiffness is just due to being a new shirt. Just spray it with water, shape it, let dry and I'm guessing it'll look not so new anymore. My MBA shirts had stiff collars as do most dress shirts when I get them. Whadaya expect?
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I wonder if the Wested shirts have the same color reactive quality as the M.B.A. Indy shirts. For the Noel Howard uninitiated, just look at Indy's shirt in Temple of Doom after coming out of the mine tunnel onto the face of the cliff. When the fabric becomes wet, it turns from its natural beige khaki to dark brown. That's proof enough for anyone who doubts M.B.A.'s authenticity.
Last edited by whipwarrior on Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argonaut
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Argonaut »

Good looking pants and shirts. A little dissapointed about the cavalry wool pants though. Kind of hard to get wet.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Argonaut wrote: A little dissapointed about the cavalry wool pants though. Kind of hard to get wet.
How so?
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Kind of hard to get wet.

Let me dump a beer on you. I bet you'll be plenty wet then.

Your beer. Not mine. :wink:
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

Looks great so far. I may have to get me a set.
I really would like to see some nice natural lighting shots though.
The flash unfortunately tends to wash evreything out a bit.
How is the material weight and of the shirt overall?

Dalexs
cliffhanger
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by cliffhanger »

agent5 wrote:
The main thing I didn't like about MBA was that you had to dye it another color.
...Well, you didn't have to.

I prefer to have it be more the actual color than what's seen on the screen. Just a matter of choice.
True, but the vast majority here have. I am in the what-it-looks-like-on-screen camp. To me, Indy's Raiders shirt was very light tan, and the MBA offering was plain khaki. In some scenes in LC, he is wearing that color shirt. Stone is the color I like, as that is what it appears to me.

On second examination, I think this shirt is too white, as the flash may have bleached it out. All good points.

Peace,
Cliffhanger
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

In some scenes in LC, he is wearing that color shirt.
I'm sure it's the exact same shirt throughout the film and it's just the lighting, filters, etc. which make it appear different hues in certain scenes. Same as in the Raiders shirt and why everyone is thrown so far off on the actual color.
I know I'm in the minority on this one and that most members would like to have the shirts a little lighter than previously offered. I have no doubt at all these will be fast sellers over at Wested.

Dale, I'm hearing you.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

Pyroxene wrote: There is a product on the market called Dryel (http://www.dryel.com/) that is a safe way to care for dry clean only garments at home.

I have already had to invest because my collection of Dry Clean only garments is getting larger thanks to this hobby.
I've used Dryel (as recently as tonight for my Indy pants), but to be honest I prefer a product called Custom Cleaner Home Dry Cleaning Kit. I haven't seen it in stores for awhile (but I may be looking in the wrong stores). It comes with a spot roller to rollover on stains and such as well as a clothes bag and cloths to use in the dryer. Although when I go to the website it lists on the back of the kit, it makes me think they may be out of business (www.customcleaner.com)
IndianaGuybrush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaGuybrush »

Field report :
I saw the shirt today, and it is quite a bit darker than the shirt in the pictures above, the flash definitely washed out the color.

In my opinion, the shirt is the most screen accurate color I've seen so far. It is a very very very light tan, but it has enough color that you can tell immediately that it's not a white shirt. It looks like what most people tried to dye their NHs to look like, but better. I think ecrue comes close, to describing it. The material is lightweight and very nice, and this shirt is easily nice enough to be a dress-shirt (for weal or woe, up to you).

I for one, was extremely impressed with both the shirt and the pants, and have resolved to make them my next purchase, when I can get the scratch together.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Let me ask this...Is the shirt so thin that you can see through it? If so, I don't think it will be female friendly shirt unless you wear a white tank top under it.
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Looking at the pictures, in my opinion, the Wested trousers look quite a lot like those from Raiders and Last Crusade.

Even though the Wested shirt looks white, from what has been said here, I feel confident that they have gotten the right colour and very much look forward to ordering mine (when I get my hands on some cash). :D
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

The new Wested shirt is AWESOME!!! I just handled one yesterday at the Gettysburg Summit......upon looking at it and handling it.......it is thin, yet thicker than the Noel Howard shirts. A VERY durable shirt / Indy style! :D If I can get some extra cash, I am VERY interested in purchasing one of these shirts.....GOOD JOB PETER AND THE WESTED CREW!!!!! :D

Kind Regards,
Captain D

p.s- the color is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, in my opinion, not "too white" and not as dark as the un-dyed Noel Howard shirts.....no need to dye these shirts!
IndianaGuybrush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaGuybrush »

ITG, I think the shirt is dark enough that it would be female-friendly; however, since I would hate to be the cause of an embarassing situation with you, I suggest you wait til someone in your area gets the shirt, and then see it for yourself :wink:
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Guybrush, that's probably a wise thing to do. Pyro ordered a shirt, so I'm sure I'll get to see his eventually.
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

The best part for me ....?

I can use the pants for work. They will go great with my Super 110's Blue Blazer ! :D

Oh Peter ..... get ready post baby time...... :D

Ken
Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum »

Hows the fit on the shirt and pants? Are they cut trim like a military uniform and true to their sizes? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Hows the fit on the shirt and pants? Are they cut trim like a military uniform and true to their sizes? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I was wondering this myself. That was always one thing that bothered me about the MBA trousers was that they were too baggy. I had them taken in and they look much better and more like the ones from the film. The ones in the film definitely look to have the military cut.
The MBA shirts weren't as bad but I had one taken in slightly and left another alone. I like the one that was taken in better as it too looks more accurate to the film with a tighter fit.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I believe the pants are on par with MBA's offerings, but the shirts are cut bigger. The sample I had was an XL, the same size I ordered from Noel, but there was about an inch extra in the shoulders and it was definitely wider through the torso.

I'll post pics to my original thread later this week.

Mike
Chipster
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Chipster »

How many belt loops do the new trousers have ?

and does the shirt have a pen pocket?
Dakota Hurly
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Dakota Hurly »

(hands folded in prayer) Wested must stay in business until christmas....stay in business until christmas...stay in business until christmas...stay in business until christmas...
Henry Jones Sr.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Henry Jones Sr. »

Dakota:

Fear not. I don't think Peter's going anywhere. Just the fact that he's on our side, and listened to us so closely, confirms this for me. December's just around the corner.... :wink: :D

Sincere regards,

Henry Jones, Sr.
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Post by Indiana Neri »

I really wish Peter (or somebody) would put US currency next to the Euro pounds :? . I keep forgeting the US prices.
Looking good, BTW.

Indy N. :wink:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I think the next best thing would be a conversion table, as the comparison of the pound and the USD fluctuates daily. A conversion table would allow one to determine the daily market. If he posted a price next to the pound, more likely than not, he'd be updating his site daily. Regards. Michaelson