A paracord whip...well kinda

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Ohio Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

A paracord whip...well kinda

Post by Ohio Jones »

In my spare time I like to dink around braiding with para cord and leather. I have made a few nylon whips and still haven't taken the plunge into a leather whip yet...and honestly I don't know if I will.

I had a person contact me to see about a cat o nine tails....I jumped at the challenge. With never really making one...I kinda used my imagination on how to attach the nine tails to the handle.

I was pleased with the result and the owner and his wife I have been told are very pleased with it.

Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A paracord whip...well kinda

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Nicely done.

How did you get the tails connected to the handle?

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Knowing Matt like I do, something brilliant. I really think this man can do anything he puts his mind to. :TOH:
Ohio Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ohio Jones »

Indiana Jeff wrote:Nicely done.

How did you get the tails connected to the handle?

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
That was the tricky part. All the ones I saw when researching appeared to be a hollow PVC material that was plaited and the tails were pushed down inside it with the knot to covered it. I can say that my handle is made just like a whip...started with a pole barn spike, braided 3 layers over it and then I used my method to attach to the handle by integrating it to the braiding.