Complete Indy Movie Handgun Collection On Display

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Pacific Ocean: 19 29.84 N - 155 54.62 W Occupation: Archaeologist "Licensed to Kill"

Complete Indy Movie Handgun Collection On Display

Post by Indiana Bond »

As many of you know I have been working on collecting all the various handguns used in the four Indy films. I finally have completed my quest! It's taken me almost ten years but I now have the complete collection of all 19 handguns!

I have put all the handguns in a display case along with a lot of other Indy "props" to go along with them. Below are some pics of the displays I have put together. My display case has six compartments and I have created a display for each movie. The case is black so it's a bit hard to see much detail on the handguns. I'm going to try to find some sort of lighter colored material to put into each case. But for now, I know many of you have been asking to see what I have done and I'm glad to finally be able to share it with all of you!!

The Handguns of Indiana Jones

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Smith & Wesson M1917 "Stembridge" [Indy].
Smith & Wesson Mk II Hand Ejector "Bapty" (shortened 4" barrel) [Indy].
Inglis Hi-Power [Indy].
Walther P38 [Toht - Germans].
Remington 1875 [Barranca].

Temple of Doom
Colt Official Police (4" barrel) [Indy - Willie Scott - Lao Che's Henchman - Thuggee].
Smith & Wesson Pre Model 10 (5" barrel) “Stunt Double Gun” [Indy - Willie Scott].
Smith & Wesson Pre Model 10 (Snub) [Lao Che's Henchman].
Smith & Wesson M&P 10-5 (3" barrel, smooth grips) [Wuhan].
Webley Mk III .38 Commercial Pocket Revolver (3" barrel, nickle) [Chen].
Smith & Wesson 32 Safety Hammerless "Lemon Squeezer" (pearl grips, nickle) [Kao Kan].

Last Crusade
Walther PPK [Walter Donovan].
Luger P08 [Col. Vogel - Germans].
Mauser C96 "Broomhandle" [Kazim - Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword].
Colt Single Action Army "Peacekeeper" (4 3/4" barrel) [Fedora's Henchman].

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Webley "WG" Army Model [Indy].
Tokarev TT-33 (Norinco type 54 model 213) [Col. Dr. Irena Spalko - Russians].
FN Browning Hi-Power (adjustible sights) [George 'Mac' McHale].
Colt M1911A1 Government [Col. Dovchenko - Russians].

Last edited by Indiana Bond on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Re: Complete Handgun Collection On Display

Post by ChrisMD »

Excellent!
Pygar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Pygar »

"It belongs in a museum!"
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Nice job, I love your collection and how you chose to display them, nice job. :TOH:

Croft :mrgreen:
zhund
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by zhund »

That's pretty awesome. The displays look great!
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Pacific Ocean: 19 29.84 N - 155 54.62 W Occupation: Archaeologist "Licensed to Kill"

Post by Indiana Bond »

Tundrarider wrote:Very nice collection!!! \:D/

(I know I'm biased but I can't help but feel that your WG belongs in the Last Crusade display!!! :P

Michael :TOH:

Yes, Quite a few of them belong in more than just one display. My display cabinet only has six display spots so I had to divide it up so that everything had space.

Raiders divided up nicely into 2 spots with the 2 "Peru" guns in one display and the others in the Raven Bar display.

Surprisingly temple of Doom needed 2 spots because it had so many unique pieces not found in any of the other films. And Indy didn't even carry a handgun through most of the movie!

Last Crusade had many of the handguns also found in Raiders such as the P38 and the Webley. It would have been nice to have had two spots to showcase that film. As it stands now only the "bad guy" guns are shown there.

Crystal Skull moved up into somewhat of a new era with only the Webley coming from the past. At least I was able to correctly display all the handguns used in that film in one spot.

All in all it worked out pretty good considering only the Webley, P38, P08, and C96 were used in two of the films. Thanks again to everyone for all the kind words!!

Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Complete Indy Movie Handgun Collection On Display

Post by Magnum »

This is an amazing collection. Thanks for sharing! I just love seeing all of the vintage Smiths and Colts in you ToD photos.
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

A collection to be proud of, Bond. Well done! :notworthy:
micsteam
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by micsteam »

Great display !!! If you don't mind, may I ask what make is the 1875 Remington New Army and what caliber ?? After I acquired my S&W HE2 that has been my biggest want !! Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving to you and all here !! :TOH:
Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

micsteam wrote:Great display !!! If you don't mind, may I ask what make is the 1875 Remington New Army and what caliber ?? After I acquired my S&W HE2 that has been my biggest want !! Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving to you and all here !! :TOH:
The 1875 Remington is a clone made by EMF. It's in .357 Magnum. I actually have two of them and I use them for SASS shooting. Not the fastest things out there with those long barrels but I always like to be a bit different than the other shooters that mostly shoot Colt clones.

These 1875 clones are not that expensive. Usually around $400. Getting an authentic Remington would be cool but also pretty expensive. Plus you really wouldn't want to shoot it.

Glad to have it for the collection. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

Indiana Bond
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Bond »

It's been almost 10 years and I'm finally back. I also just got all my photo broken links fixed so we can all see my photos once again!! Any questions about any of the the Indy handguns please feel free to ask. I still haven't seen DOD but I understand that Indy doesn't carry a handgun in this movie. What a shame. But at least I won't need to buy more guns to complete the collection!!

bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Well, it is a great collection, beautiful handguns, beautiful gear!!

Cheers,
Bear