Denzel Washington wearing USW in new film

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Denzel Washington wearing USW in new film

Post by Michaelson »

Interesting news email from USW today.
Denzel Washington is wearing Our Black Goatskin jacket in the up coming …The Equalizer Movie by Columbia Pictures. Permission was given to US Wings Inc. to post said information.. From what we understand there will be more Movies made with Denzel Washington wearing the US Wings Urban Adventurer Jacket.
Regard! Michaelson
Thrall
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: Denzel Washington wearing USW in new film

Post by Thrall »

I had considered the black urban adventurer at the time I purchased my brown USW Lambskin Legend with map lining. I had been searching the Internet for a lightweight leather jacket; I came across USW and was smitten by the jacket with escape map lining; and then I came across COW. My sequence of discovery is likely different than most.

I ordered the black urban adventurer this afternoon, thereby locking in the sale price. The USW Legend I had purchased is a roomy (on me) XL, so decided on a L for the black urban adventurer for a different look.
Last edited by Thrall on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

And that jacket is currently on sale on their site for $195. Have you ever heard of a 100% screen-accurate leather film jacket available for that price! Wow.
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Great! I liked the previews, now i want to go see it even more.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

No comment on the jacket, but isn't this film a rather contrived version of the 1980's TV series of the same name: The Equalizer?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yes. that's what I understand it to be, CM.

Regards! M
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

CM wrote:No comment on the jacket, but isn't this film a rather contrived version of the 1980's TV series of the same name: The Equalizer?
Yes...I really like the TV series. It will be interesting to see how the 'take' will turn out on the big screen. W>
Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Arch Stanton »

Holy smokes! I just went to their site and saw that the Vintage Steerhide version of the Urban Adventurer description says, "The Reacher inspired style* is simple and classic enough with items you love and nothing you don’t, like extraneous straps or pockets and unnecessary ornamentation."

And I realized it is the closest I have ever seen to the jacket Tom Cruise wears in 'Jack Reacher', but minus the raglan sleeve, sadly. I've ordered two separate jackets that were supposed to be this style. One from some sham outfit called celebsclothing.com and the other I can't even bother myself to remember. They were basically cheaply made bomber jackets with a post mark from Karachi, Pakistan. Nothing like the jackets shown in the pictures, which I later realized were just photoshopped movie stills. And there were absolutely no refunds allowed!

But I digress. Thrall, when you get yours in can you post some pics? Preferably ones where it's being worn? I know there's an obvious difference between black goatskin and brown steerhide, but I want to see what the cut is like. I've looked for two years for a Jack Reacher jacket.
Thrall
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Thrall »

Arch Stanton wrote: ... . Thrall, when you get yours in can you post some pics? Preferably ones where it's being worn? I know there's an obvious difference between black goatskin and brown steerhide, but I want to see what the cut is like. ... .
My pleasure to do so.
Illinois James
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois James »

The Urban Adventurer looks like a beautiful jacket, and close to the Reacher. Filmjackets offered a great replica, as they do with all their film inspired styles. My prototype has become my go to jacket for the bike.
Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Arch Stanton »

I'm so confused as to what you're talking about. :(

Are you saying that filmjackets.com actually sells jacket replicas? I've been to that site countless times and never saw anything for sale. I've been looking at that site for 20 minutes trying to figure out where to find a Jack Reacher replica jacket being sold. I thought the site was basically just about investigation and discussion of film jackets, like here.

If you can point me to a direct link to a Jack Reacher replica jacket for sale I will be your bestest friend in the whole wide world.
erikgunnlugson
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by erikgunnlugson »

http://www.filmjackets.com/ecommerce1/i ... cts_id=121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bobbyd
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by bobbyd »

Before you order anything from filmjackets.com, have a look through the forum there (Not that you can join, I've wanted to for months, but despite multiple emails to the proprietors of the site they have yet to re-enable the member registration functionality that was apparently disabled for god knows what reason).
Anyhow, I had been very interested in ordering their "War Hero" jacket, but gave up after reading about year+ wait times with no communication, and then not receiving any response from the aforementioned emails (or the one phone message I left, having called the CS line listed on the store). I don't know if they're out if business or what, but apparently there have been manufacturing problems. It looks like they had a pretty cool thing going, so I'm hopeful they get things straightened out... but I wouldn't be too keen on handing over any $ just yet.
Illinois James
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois James »

I think Rick's just very busy with more important things. The forum is like this one, informational and classifieds. I guess there have been manufacturing issues and delays, as well as the fact that Rick demands accuracy and won't sell anything he's not satisfied with. I'm waiting on another jacket from him now. I sure hope the kinks get worked out, because I like so many of those jackets!

That said, right now, for the price, the Wings jacket is the best option for a Reacher style, I guess. I may order a cotton version eventually, but I still would like to see a cotton Indy in those colors. They offer cotton Urban Adventurers and A2's, but the Indy was a no-go. Oh, well! Old story, though. Dead horse, etc., etc.
erikgunnlugson
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by erikgunnlugson »

Have you tried Heronleather.com for custom work? No personal experience but heard good things and it is not a scam site unlike those others online with stolen photoshopped images.

Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Arch Stanton »

Woah... :o

Thank you so much. I don't know why I couldn't manage to find this on the site.

And thanks for the other tips, guys. I'm also going to check out Heron Leather right now.

Illinois James wrote:...I guess there have been manufacturing issues and delays, as well as the fact that Rick demands accuracy and won't sell anything he's not satisfied with. I'm waiting on another jacket from him now. I sure hope the kinks get worked out, because I like so many of those jackets!...
Is this an issue only with their custom jackets, or all of their jackets in general? EDIT: Ok, I just looked again. It seems custom fit is anything for a bigger gentleman above a size 48... ?

I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but is there any way to get some pics of your jacket? Is it a pretty form fitted?

And are we talking about like a wait time of months upon months?
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Yeah, please PM the info to Arch and let's get back to the subject at hand.

This thread is about the USW jacket used in the Equalizer.

Thanks. :TOH:

Regards! M
Stefan Hills
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Stefan Hills »

Any screen shots of Denzel wearing the jacket?
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

If Denzel does, in fact, wear this jacket in the film, it must only be in a scene or two. I've watched every trailer and tv spot/featurette and haven't seen him in any jacket other than what appears to be a Dickies jacket.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Just saw The Equalizer. Good movie, but I didn't see Denzel wearing the jacket at all. :-k
Thrall
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Thrall »

knibs7 wrote:Just saw The Equalizer. Good movie, but I didn't see Denzel wearing the jacket at all. :-k
Haven't seen Equalizer. I enjoy Denzel as an actor, he is well spoken, and does not play the idiot. I did not purchase the jacket because of either Denzel or the movie; indeed I did not know about the movie linkage at the time of ordering. So I don't really care.

I ordered the jacket because I am impressed by USW quality, like the jacket's looks, and the jacket is offered at a compelling price.
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Thrall wrote:
knibs7 wrote:Just saw The Equalizer. Good movie, but I didn't see Denzel wearing the jacket at all. :-k
Haven't seen Equalizer. I enjoy Denzel as an actor, he is well spoken, and does not play the idiot. I did not purchase the jacket because of either Denzel or the movie; indeed I did not know about the movie linkage at the time of ordering. So I don't really care.

I ordered the jacket because I am impressed by USW quality, like the jacket's looks, and the jacket is offered at a compelling price.
You won't be disappointed. Fantastic jackets. I have 2. Love em!
Thrall
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Thrall »

Thrall wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote: ... . Thrall, when you get yours in can you post some pics? Preferably ones where it's being worn? I know there's an obvious difference between black goatskin and brown steerhide, but I want to see what the cut is like. ... .
My pleasure to do so.
Here they are

I ordered a size "L"; upon receipt of the large I found it was fine lower down, but too tight in the chest and shoulders. So I exchanged the jacket for size "XL"; I am pleased with the fit. USL was gracious and prompt with the exchange.
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Thrall wrote:
Thrall wrote:
My pleasure to do so.
Here they are

I ordered a size "L"; upon receipt of the large I found it was fine lower down, but too tight in the chest and shoulders. So I exchanged the jacket for size "XL"; I am pleased with the fit. USL was gracious and prompt with the exchange.

Great looking jacket! Ive had to do exchanges as well and found their customer service to be excellent.
erikgunnlugson
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by erikgunnlugson »

What is the length of this jacket If you dont mind me asking. More blazer length than bomber jacket length ya?

CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

It's certainly way longer and baggier than I expected, but do they all fit that way? Any other photos?
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

I think that length looks great. I prefer my jackets on the long side so they do their job that much better. This is one I am really looking into........ :TOH: :clap:
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

I like long too but this is as long as a suit coat and all I'm wondering is whether they are meant to fit that way as those initial photos don't really convince me yet. :TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

That's what we used to call 'car coat' length. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I likewise haven't found any pictures of DW wearing this jacket. Haven't seen the movie yet. The description on USW site states
We supplied this jacket for the movie ” The Equalizer”!
which, despite Sarge's initial e-mail, could mean another character is wearing this jacket.

Or, the costume designer decided to go in a different direction after purchasing the jackets from USW.

Thrall's jacket is definitely longer than I expected. I was thinking more waist length and if you look at the steerhide version at USW there's a picture there of someone (Sarge?) wearing one and it looks more waist length. http://www.uswings.com/product/usw-vint ... er-jacket/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My guess is Thrall having to go up a size to have the chest fit more comfortably added the length. Still looks good on him.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Michaelson wrote:That's what we used to call 'car coat' length. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Yes, that's what I was thinking. Good if that's the case. From the photos I thought it was meant to be a short jacket.
Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Arch Stanton »

Thanks for the pics. I was gone for a while. It is very much appreciated.
Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Arch Stanton »

erikgunnlugson wrote:http://www.filmjackets.com/ecommerce1/i ... cts_id=121

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

I was just getting ready to buy the jacket in the link and all of a sudden the link does not work anymore. I even stored it in my favorites. Now it's dead? I came here earlier to find it then got distracted before posting my last message above, and just spent an hour or more trying to find it on that unruly site. Can you someone help me find the Jack Reacher(Racer EH) jacket that was for sale on filmjackets.com? :oops:
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

Thrall wrote:
Thrall wrote:
My pleasure to do so.
Here they are

Nice look there! Though I think it looks better when I've got a pistol and sunglasses.
Illinois James
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois James »

Arch, I was gonna clue you in, but we're trying to keep the thread on point here as per above and I don't see a pm option for your profile, unless I'm missing something.

Little help?? :D
erikgunnlugson
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by erikgunnlugson »

Illinois James wrote:Arch, I was gonna clue you in, but we're trying to keep the thread on point here as per above and I don't see a pm option for your profile, unless I'm missing something.

Little help?? :D

I was trying to do the exact same thing. I dunno where his PM is.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

He probably has his privacy settings set so that people can't PM him
Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Arch Stanton »

I found that setting and fixed it. I didn't even know it existed. I've received PMs before, so it makes no sense that it changed. But I guess me just saying that is further derailing the thread. I apologize. :oops:

And I still have not been able to find the link on my own. Please PM me.

And sorry again for messing up the thread.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

No problem. :lol: Glad you got it sorted out.

Moving right along..... ;)

Regards! M