TODDS going out of business?? ....no he isn't

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

TODDS going out of business?? ....no he isn't

Post by youngjedi71 »

Seems his stock is all running out. No pants,jackets,boots in my size and hasnt been in a while..Anyone have info??
Cajunkraut

Re: TODDS going out of business??

Post by Cajunkraut »

The demand for Indy retail has waned steadily since KOTCS. If you call or email Todd, I'm sure he'd be happy to answer your questions.
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

I think in some of the other equipment threads they seem to say that since these items are ordered in large lots there has to be a strong demand for them, so Todd has to make a decision as to whether he can sell them or not. Right now, he is running out of all the stuff he has and might not order anymore...
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

I'd hate to see it go, I like their jackets, and pants. Not that I have any, but I've always had them on hold for if I do need any pants or things.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I doubt Todd's is going out of business. Remember, he does more costuming than just Indy. As mentioned before, the demand just isn't high enough anymore for certain gear. He can't keep restocking when only about 30% of it will be sold. That's a lot of money wasted.
tex1272
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tex1272 »

Whoa I almost had a heart attack. Maybe this thread's title should begin with "Is".
Dr. Nebraska S.

Post by Dr. Nebraska S. »

youngjedi71 wrote:Seems his stock is all running out. No pants,jackets,boots in my size and hasnt been in a while..Anyone have info??
Careful--that's how rumors start...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

knibs7 wrote:I doubt Todd's is going out of business. Remember, he does more costuming than just Indy. As mentioned before, the demand just isn't high enough anymore for certain gear. He can't keep restocking when only about 30% of it will be sold. That's a lot of money wasted.
I was kind of thinking the same thing. He's got a lot of categories left. I don't think he would go out of buzziness because of 1 category.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

So one or two of his items are out of stock and we're jumping to "going out of business"?

Todd has to order all his stuff in bulk. So he has a lot, and it has to run out and make the money back before he buys more. Simple as that.

He can't just custom order up a jacket or a hat.
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

baddates1 wrote:He's got a lot of categories left. I don't think he would go out of buzziness because of 1 category.
My guess is he's gonna start (re) ramping up for Star Wars. He's already added three versions of the Han Solo gunbelt.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Cajunkraut wrote:
baddates1 wrote:He's got a lot of categories left. I don't think he would go out of buzziness because of 1 category.
My guess is he's gonna start (re) ramping up for Star Wars. He's already added three versions of the Han Solo gunbelt.
I'd say this is a very solid bet.
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

Cajunkraut wrote:
And the ANH version is already sold out!
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

New Hope version is sold out...how do ya know?
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Todd's is a small, family type operation. He orders in large quantities and undoubtedly is waiting for the stock to get low, or sold out before he orders again?
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

MARQ wrote:New Hope version is sold out...how do ya know?
Because if you go to his site and click on the gunbelts, the ANH version is not available to order, but the ESB and the ROTJ ones are...

I personallly hope he does get more into Star Wars. I have my eye on the gunbelt myself since I do costume as Han Solo. It would be cool if he started offering more SW stuff once the sequels begin coming out. Let's face it, there is going to be another explosion in costuming once these movies begin hitting the theaters over the next several years...
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

I´d like to see more SW costumes too. :P I looked the belts up and it seems that RotJ version in some sizes is outta stock..or am I wrong?
Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Post by Solent MKIII »

Bottom line is, if you see something available on Todd's site that you want - order it right away, otherwise you might be kicking yourself down the road ( ask me how I know this ](*,) ).
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

I've spoken to many folks about things that are out of stock. Business-wise, 2009 was our biggest year by far, and it allowed us to finance items that were previously out of reach, like boots and trousers. Since then, sales have been sharply declining, and so has our cash flow. And there are a lot more vendors competing for a piece of the shrinking pie than ever before.

Re: Han Solo stuff, yeah, I'm moving that direction. The ANH version is unavailable at the moment because we ran out of buckles. More are on the way.

Our involvement in the Raiders Adaptation production also took a huge bite out of our cash flow, so we're unusually low on stock.

Anyway, more than you wanted to know, but I'm not going of business (I hope!)
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Great hearing from ya, Todd!

I'll spotlight the elephant in the room. What's the straight skinny on those great jackets?

:TOH:
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

I'll spotlight the elephant in the room. What's the straight skinny on those great jackets?
? If you mean the inventory situation, we're currently out of a few sizes. We'll be re-ordering soon. For some reason, orders have not followed their usual breakdown according to size :-k so we've run out of some and been left with too many of others...
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Puppetboy wrote:? If you mean the inventory situation, we're currently out of a few sizes. We'll be re-ordering soon. For some reason, orders have not followed their usual breakdown according to size :-k so we've run out of some and been left with too many of others...
Great, thanks Todd.

I think some of us were afraid that they were being discontinued.
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Since we heard from Todd himself, I'm closing this thread since he's not going out of business.

The title of the threads been changed as well :TOH:

But please read Todd's post above :tup: