12 ft kangaroo leather bull whip

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

12 ft kangaroo leather bull whip

Post by Jeremiah »

Just bought this from a local guy. $150
Did I get good deal?
[URL=http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]

Got it cracking a few times. It was well taken care of by previous owner.
Not the ideal length i would have chosen, but for the price, it was a good deal I think.
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: 12 ft kangaroo leather bull whip

Post by Jeremiah »

Anyone interested in a trade? Looking to trade for equally well maintained 8' 12 plait indy style bullwhip.
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Well, I sold the black roo hide whip I had thought was 12' because the gentleman I had bought it from told me it was. i measured it before throwing it up on fleabay and it did measure 12'. However, I had measured it wrong. i included the fall and cracker in the measurement. So it really was a 10' bullwhip.

In any regard, I recieved the other day an Indy style 8' bullwhip from Paul Nolan. he had one in stock. My lucky day. It was a darker hide he told me but was natural tan just like I wanted. It's already dark like a saddle tan. Pictures show it just a smidgen darker than it really is.:clap:
My first choice would have been a lighter natural tan, but this was in stock and I did not have to wait the 3-4 months for one to be made up. I wonder how much darker this one will turn. I like it like this but too much darker? i need to put sun screen on it \:D/
Joking of course.

Here she is.

One question from a whip newbie. Last night I had to go outside to practice one last time. i did not realize that it had recently rained lightly. Light enough to be more like dew on the grass. After cracking a few times and seeing the spray from the cracker i realized this. So I took in and wiped down good with a cotton sock i use to wipe down after each use. After I was satisfied I had dried it off sufficiently, I put on the ever smallest amount of Pecards dressing. Was all that right? Should I have done differently? Is my baby ruined :anxious:
Zuiun
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zuiun »

I'd say you've got a much better whip on your hands now. Hard to tell from just one picture, but that first whip looked a little bit lumpy.

As for a little bit of moisture, seems like you did OK. Your whip should be fine. Just don't make a habit of cracking it in wet grass. Get yourself a nylon whip for that. ;)
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Thanks.

Well I think I got the cattleman crack down, but sidearm crack? I hit my face with the whip as I swing my arm out like on the daren wilkerson video shows. Getting tired of hitting my face. I don't know what I am doing wrong. :-k
Blake Bruning
Vendor

Post by Blake Bruning »

Did you buy this 8' from the instock page about a month ago? Was it on the very top?
Blake Bruning
Vendor

Post by Blake Bruning »

Side arm flick..hitting face? Is this single crack or in combination? If single crack then you are bringing it back and around to far...my guess.
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Blake Bruning wrote:Did you buy this 8' from the instock page about a month ago? Was it on the very top?
It was not on the page. When I emailed Paul about maybe selling my black whip for credit towards an Indy whip, he said he had one 8' indy whip in stock and sent me a pic of it. I just bought it last Saturday. Got it wed. Why?
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Blake Bruning wrote:Side arm flick..hitting face? Is this single crack or in combination? If single crack then you are bringing it back and around to far...my guess.

Single crack. Also I think I got it now. I read another thing which helped me. The hitchhike hold on the handle and pressing forward a bit. I am starting to get my timing down now and on the cattlemans crack. Yesterday it would only crack behind me or near my ear. Yikes. ](*,)
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Wow. This is indeed addictive. I just placed an order with Jeremy for another 8' bullwhip. LC style.
Actually, this or my other whip will be my sons whip one day. At least that is the excuse I gave my wife.
RedburnIV
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by RedburnIV »

I'm waiting on a whip from Paul Nolan! It's on 3 months now. The wait is excruciating!
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Cool. What did you order? Wonder why he did not just send the one he had made that was in stock if you were looking for the 8' indy whip.
RedburnIV
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by RedburnIV »

I ordered a 10 footer. He seems like a busy man so I'm sure if he has to make one, it would take some time. The wait is pretty unbearable though.
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Yeah. Worth it though. I have been cracking mine now every day since I got it. Ot is getting more fluid each day.
RedburnIV
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by RedburnIV »

I bet! Crack it in good health and enjoy! I'd like to see more pics if you ever get a chance. :) it sure is a beaut.
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Here is at least one.

Don't be fooled by the cheap hat, the whip is real. :lol:
RedburnIV
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by RedburnIV »

That's gorgeous. He really does a heck of a job. Let's go 10fter! :)