Post by brentmorris »

It looks really good in that shot of your wearing it. :clap:

More importantly, how do you like it?
car96
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Wested Lambtouch LC

Post by car96 »

My first impressions wearing it are that the collar is huge & the sleeves are too long.

The main reason I ordered this jacket was to get a longer length as it wears at the waist and slightly more room at the chest and armpit, so I went up a chest size and added 1" to the length....so that is fine it terms of fit.

My first jacket from Wested was pre distressed hide and this is Wested Lambtouch. This lambtouch is a good bit thinner and it drapes/lays different on the body. I like the thickness of the pre distressed cow more than this lambtouch. So, why did I go with Lambtouch.....I am hoping that I can artificially distress to look more like the LC SA.

What is puzzling is that the measurements on the sleeves are the same as my last jacket from Wested, 25" but this jacket seems longer in the fit of the sleeves. With arms by my side it feels and looks longer...but its the same on the tape measure.

The collar seems to match/measure my other Wested as well, but when this jacket is on, the collar lays wide and looks massively huge....but best I can tell and measure, it's the same. I sent measurements and pics of the collar, but I have no idea why it appears bigger.

The pocket flaps on the front don't really look like my LC spec'd pockets from my first Wested which I asked for and sent measurements and pics to Wested.

My biggest guess on the fit is the hide being thinner causes the collar to sit/drape differently and that is why is looks so big.
brentmorris
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by brentmorris »

I don't know for sure but the sleeves may be longer due to the the bigger chest. Because the shoulders of Indy jackets hang off instead of rest on the shoulder like a regular coat that extra length could be from the extra chest room causing it to slouch off the shoulder even more. That's just my guess though. I don't have experience with Indy jackets just a lot of suit jackets and such. A good example is I can get a 42L or a 44R (of the same jacket) and the sleeves will hit at about the same area. Like I said I guess it's because of that extra room up top. Just a theory... On the plus side that jacket won't ride up your arms if you drive a motorcycle ;)

The collar just looks limp. You could probably shape it up some and get it to look a bit better. I've seen a lot of posts mentioning that around here.

Like this one:
http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... 0&p=776320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edit:removed my search highlights
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Is this a custom order? The collar does look rather large. :-k

Kyle
car96
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by car96 »

Yes custom order and used the measurement on the collar from Zoltar's jacket that he showed on here with the measurements (the one diagram with a picture of the collar and the dotted lines and measurements).

The same one's that I sent to Wested to make my LC pre distressed cowhide....which in no way looks this collar.
car96
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by car96 »

You guys think it's uncalled for that I send it back and ask for a refund? I emailed Wested and they said to read the policy on their website. So is that the authorization their website requires to send back for a refund of the purchase price? I know the shipping from USA back to England will be a cost that I will acquire.

My issues on this CUSTOM ORDER are (and when I say CUSTOM, I sent it pics and measurements) :

1. The front pockets being a width of 7" and I asked for 6 1/2" & the flaps being shaped poorly.

2. The collar being huge....and this may only be my perception as it measures the same as a prior jacket they made for me & with some shaping/molding it may be 'acceptable' to me, but not custom worthy by my standards.

3. Sleeves being the length I asked for, but fitting longer.

4. The leather not what I expected.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Of all that order I can't see what is wrong with the pocket flaps, those are pretty good LC pockets, importantly they are rounded at the centre and do not have a sharp point.

You've said yourself that the collar and sleeves are the measurements you asked for and only 1/2 and inch variation on the pockets is probably splitting hairs.

You can send it back, but as per their conditions you will not get your shipping back and you will only get 75% of your purchase price back.

That it doesn't fit well is true, but if they made it to what you specified, it's hardly their fault is it?

But one thing to remember is follow their returns instructions and mark it in big bold letters as a RETURN. If they get a tax demand they will refuse delivery and it will be returned to you and you will be out the postage.