Wested purchase

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

jarhead
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Wested purchase

Post by jarhead »

I am thinking of purchasing a Wested LC/CS jacket. I live in the US and do not know how it works when you order something from out of country. Do you pay duty ? How is it collected ? Does Wested take major credit credit cards ? Ive asked them all of these questions and received no reply, which of course does not give me a warm fuzzy. What kind of company are they to deal with ? Obviously a lot of folks buy from them, but admittely, I'm a "babe in the woods" when it come to purchasing directly from out of country.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wested purchase

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Do you pay duty ?
Sometimes.
How is it collected ?
If you do, the shipping company (UPS, FedEx, etc) will send a notice when the jacket is to be delivered that you owe some dollar amount before they can deliver the jacket. If memory serves it's generally in the $20 range, but it is not consistent with whether the duty/custom charge is applied or not.
Does Wested take major credit credit cards ?
Yes.
and received no reply
Sadly, that's not atypical. Wested has never been great with their e-mail correspondence and the woman who used to handle most of that recently left so Wested is probably in a bit of transition as to fielding inquiries.

If you are OK with ordering 'off the rack' sizing in a jacket, Wested can be a great choice. If you have specifics you want in a jacket, Wested offers custom jackets, but again, has not been consistent with supplying what customers have asked for.

If the brand name isn't important to you, US Wings and Todd's Costumes both have great offerings and are US based. US Wings has a variety of Indy style jackets and other than their Legend line, their jackets tend to be more LC/CS in cut and appearance. Todd's jackets are Raider's style.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
jarhead
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by jarhead »

Thanks for the info. I decided to simplify my life, and I ordered a Wings Signature in lambskin. A little more pricey than the Wested, but customer service was great, free shipping, no duty. Figure if something is wrong, there will be a lot less hassel than from an oufit I couldn' get to answer my inquires. You'd think they would want my money.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Wings Signature series jackets are made by the famous Schott leather jacket company for USW. Good stuff! Congratulations! :M: :tup:

Regards! Michaelson
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

jarhead wrote:Thanks for the info. I decided to simplify my life, and I ordered a Wings Signature in lambskin. A little more pricey than the Wested, but customer service was great, free shipping, no duty. Figure if something is wrong, there will be a lot less hassel than from an oufit I couldn' get to answer my inquires. You'd think they would want my money.

Wings is a solid company. Very helpful customer service. Ive had to return a jacket (ordered wrong size) and they were good. I have 2 Wings jacket and am looking at a Signature.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

Ive emailed wested a few times and had great help.ordered a jacket the 10th and will have it on the 14th..
USW was my next choice.
car96
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by car96 »

How are you getting the jacket 4 days after ordering? Do you live in England or USA?
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

...probably was premade and hanging on the rack already
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

car96 wrote:How are you getting the jacket 4 days after ordering? Do you live in England or USA?
I bought off the rack but still 4-5 days is incredible.
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

I just bought a returned jacket from Wested's clearance section.

Clicked the order button on Sunday evening. The jacket was dispatched via UPS on Monday morning and in my hands Wednesday afternoon.

I'm not coastal, but in the eastern US.