US Wings Signature CS Jacket

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Misfit13
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

US Wings Signature CS Jacket

Post by Misfit13 »

Hey everyone! I'm tempted to pull the trigger on this one. Want some advice from you fine people. I own a GB in goat in size 44T. What do you think would be a comparable size? How does the fit compare to the GB and does anyone know if the cut is close to the LC jacket? I'm too nervous to special order from Wested and off the rack stuff tends to work for me. Thank you in advance.
Cajunkraut

Re: US Wings Signature CS Jacket

Post by Cajunkraut »

Having owned both the USW Signature and G&B Expo jackets:

The USW Signature is a "comfort" cut, meaning roomy and longer like the CS jacket (versus the slightly shorter/more fitted LC jacket). Take another look at the guy modeling it on USW's site. It's visibly oversized, like most commercial bomber style-jackets. USW doesn't offer long sizes in that jacket, but it may not be an issue because the Signature is longer than the "Hero" cut by about 2 inches or more. I'd call USW direct for further info.

I wear a 42R blazer, the same in the G&B (for the Raiders fit), and a Large in the USW.

USW's size conversion chart is here:

http://www.uswings.com/size-conversion-charts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:TOH:
Misfit13
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Misfit13 »

Thanks Cajun! Your post will help determine my decision. :TOH:
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I owned one of those jackets, and I can say for sure they are a very generous cut. You would have to size down to get closer to a G&B fit.
interbak
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by interbak »

I've had both, G&B in 44 and 44T, and CS USW in XL, and the XL Wings was a tent! According to their sizing chart I would have landed in between the L and XL so I went up, wrong move, sold it on down the road. Best advice is to try and get actual measurements.

B
Misfit13
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Misfit13 »

Thanks everyone. My enthusiasm for this jacket is giving me pause. As always, the members here are nothing short of helpful. :TOH:
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Misfit, as Chewie mentioned, consider going a size down.

I eventually sold my Signature because I didn't like the oversize fit. If I ever order another, it'll be in a Medium. According to a fairly recent eBay auction, the Medium is still 24 inches pit to pit and 27.25 inches back length.
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

I have been on US Wings website and cannot figure out which one is the CS jacket. :shock: Please help :- Thank you :TOH:
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

DiCatania wrote:I have been on US Wings website and cannot figure out which one is the CS jacket. :shock: Please help :- Thank you :TOH:
http://www.uswings.com/product/collecto ... er-jacket/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:TOH:
ron521
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ron521 »

I own 3 of the Signature Series jackets, all Mediums. I wear a 40 or 42 sports coat depending on who made it. The USW Medium fits me perfectly through the shoulders, i.e. the seams at the top of the sleeves are just past the edge of my own shoulders, so the jackets sits properly and has room for movement. Sleeve length is also perfect for me, reaching the first knuckle on my thumb. My three jackets are all approximately 26.5 inches from the base of the collar to the bottom back edge.

I owned a G&B 42 R for a while, and the proportions were strangely different...the shoulders were cut significantly wider, so that the seams kind of drooped off my own shoulders, and the jacket wanted to slide backwards off me. It was also roomier in the chest but not by a lot, maybe one inch more. Sleeves on the G&B were slightly shorter to accommodate the wider shoulders, so they still fell to almost the exact same point, first knuckle on my thumb. I'd be interested in trying on a G&B 40, and suspect it might fit right in the shoulders, but would have sleeves somewhat too short.

I'd say the G&B may be more screen accurate, but the USW is more comfortable to wear, and thus more practical as a "go-to" jacket. If you wear a 44 T in a G&B, I'd imagine you should go with a Large in a USW Signature Series. It's already longer than the G&B R, so may fit as a Tall for you.
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

In general, if you want the authentic cut of the Raiders jacket that falls back, you're best off getting a light weight leather like the originals had. Heavier leathers will put pressure on the front of your shoulders (which doesn't sound like a big deal, but is annoying after a bit). Heavier hides are much better having the shoulder seam centered along the top of your shoulder, rather than angling back like it does on the Raiders jacket.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Somewhat related, but if anyone is struggling with fit, or is not quite in those standardized sizing parameters, and you are looking for basically a caramel brown, cowhide LC/CS jacket, Wested's Copper Novapelle jacket is a good alternative, because it can be custom sized.