Pants Fit - Todd's v Wested

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Zoltar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Pants Fit - Todd's v Wested

Post by Zoltar »

This might seem a little pedantic but I'm in the right company! :D

I know quite a few of you have had or got both Todd's and Wested pants, just wondering how the crotch to waistband measurement compares between them.
I've got a pair of Westeds that I've got spot on with the leg length just right so the waistband and hem are just where i want them :tup:
Todd's still got pairs available in my size range so I'm going to go for a pair before they're gone.
Before I go ahead and order in the same size thought I'd see how they compare, just worried an inch shorter in the crotch could throw where the hem brakes. Too short in the legs is never a good look! (unless your fighting a german mechanic ;) )

Cheers ZOLTAR
;)
Zoltar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Pants Fit - Todd's v Wested

Post by Zoltar »

Got a reply back from the man himself.
Cheers Todd :notworthy:
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

I have never had Todd's pants, and looks like I won't be able to cause I don't think he going to be carrying my size currently as I thought he was not getting another order of pants. I believe Todd's pants are like ordering from Magnoli, measure yourself. Get some cloth measuring tape and actually measure your waist. Where as if I ordered at Wested in a 32 it would fit just fine. My waist when measured is a 36. So I think that is the difference. Also color might be different compared to what Wested is offering these days. If you can still get them I would grab a pair of Todd's in a heartbeat : :twisted: ;)

IndianaChris711
Zoltar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zoltar »

Wested also size there pants true to waist size. If you order your jean size you'll be going on a diet to fit into them. ;)
jlhampton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jlhampton »

In my case, not so. I ordered a pair of Wested's about a year ago and the pair I got were about four inches too big. The label inside showed the size that I ordered, only the pants were unwearable. I had them taken in by a seamstress and they fit fine now. They have that kind of baggy S.O.C. look about them. In the future, I would request that they measure a pair before sending them out. Also, I previously owned a pair of Todd's and eventually sold them. The color, construction, and material were amazing, but the fit was too baggy in the wrong way. Now I own the Wested's and Magnoli's. They are both different, but like them equally as much.

jlhampton
Montana Hannah
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Montana Hannah »

I got a pair of Westeds earlier this week. I ordered a size 32, as that's the size I take in jeans (I'm actually between sizes. A 31 fits better, but those are hard to come by). Anyway, the Wested trews fit pretty well, only very slightly loose in the waist. Nothing the web belt can't handle. However, I'm currently considering a pair of Todd's. I measured my waist last night, and my true measurement is 33.5 inches... :-k

With regard to the Todd's, the only sizes he currently has that would come close for me are a 32 or a 33. Can anyone suggest which would be best? Given my actual waist measurement, both sizes may be too small.
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

I am also thinking about ordering a pair of pants. So if I am understanding correctly: Todd's pants you have to measure yourself (in that case he does not have my size). Wested pants you should order your regular jean size. My jean size waist is 33 and my measured size is 38 (big difference).
Montana Hannah
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Montana Hannah »

Montana Hannah wrote:I got a pair of Westeds earlier this week. I ordered a size 32, as that's the size I take in jeans (I'm actually between sizes. A 31 fits better, but those are hard to come by). Anyway, the Wested trews fit pretty well, only very slightly loose in the waist. Nothing the web belt can't handle. However, I'm currently considering a pair of Todd's. I measured my waist last night, and my true measurement is 33.5 inches... :-k

With regard to the Todd's, the only sizes he currently has that would come close for me are a 32 or a 33. Can anyone suggest which would be best? Given my actual waist measurement, both sizes may be too small.
In the end, I actually ordered a pair of the 34s (31 inch leg). I got them yesterday and they're superb. Pocket flaps, drape, buttons are all very close to what you see on screen in Raiders (I think the belt loops are a fraction too large maybe). As far as fit goes they're ever so slightly loose around my waist (I'll grow into them no doubt!), so I'd say that as advertised on the site, they are made to fit your true waist size. Currently he still has size 32 through to 35 available (a few of the leg lengths are out of stock though).

I'd also like to say that they're not just great Indy trews. As general vintage repros go, they're a great bargain (they have a nice "Hollywood waist" look going on). And the construction and finishing is great too. The stitching on the button holes and pocket flaps is excellent, and puts a lot of big name off the rack clothing brands to shame. Well done Mr Todd! :tup: :TOH:
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Sorry for the big image,saw it in Ebay size 36.Is this current Wested,in Wested site the pants have the white "lining" at the waistband as do the Todd´s version.However this pair doesn´t have it,is this correct, current offering?
donovan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by donovan »

hi, my pair of wested pants,purchased approx. 6mths ago,has a white lining waistband with a rubber strip inserted in it. also there is less of a taper in the legs compared to there previous offerings.
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Donovan,got any pics and what size are they?