Best Indy Shirt?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

indyexpat
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Best Indy Shirt?

Post by indyexpat »

So many sources, so much work.. which is the best shirt? Love my Todd but colour wrong.. Magnoli?..
Bogie1943
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Best Indy Shirt?

Post by Bogie1943 »

I'll throw my two cents in here. The first thing that came to mind for me was Azuma. I own a LC version and its really become my go to Indy shirt. I'm looking forward to the next run of Raiders shirts from Azuma.
indyexpat
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indyexpat »

Azuma? A new on eon me.. url for source please!
Bogie1943
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Bogie1943 »

I'm not sure if he has a website persay, but here is a link to current listing in our own Cairo Bazzar displaying some prototypes for the current Raiders run. http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=58759" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
indyexpat
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indyexpat »

A work of art; perfect! I shall be ordering. I'm off to war in Africa, need at least the right gear!
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Bogie1943 wrote:I'm not sure if he has a website persay, but here is a link to current listing in our own Cairo Bazzar displaying some prototypes for the current Raiders run. http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=58759" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I clicked it. "The requested topic does not exist." FYI
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

This has a lot of the details in it about Azuma's shirts..

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50856&hilit=Azuma+Shirt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His would be my choice for "best shirt" too......Followed by my Magnoli......Outside of those two, I don't need any others....Although Todds new ones might be worth the look...

Regards..
indyexpat
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indyexpat »

Hi all, I can't find links for What Price Glory or Azuma shirts, some of the pages I had before don't open. Can these still be obtained? URLs most welcome.
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

indyexpat wrote:Hi all, I can't find links for What Price Glory or Azuma shirts, some of the pages I had before don't open. Can these still be obtained? URLs most welcome.
Again, see fifthchamber's link above for the latest on Azuma's shirts. Looks like they're in limbo until further notice.

*Update* Azuma mentions in the following thread that the Raiders shirts are anticipated sometime this year:
http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=60856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to WPG's shirt:
http://onlinemilitaria.com/shopexd.asp?id=1846&bc=no

:TOH:
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Okay gang, so what makes Azuma's shirt better than say, WPG's? :-k
chuck2003
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by chuck2003 »

I'm interested in hearing the difference between to two as well. I have a WPG shirt and its a nice shirt but I bought a long at the time because that's all they had and its REALLY long. So I don't wear it often unless I'm wearing the rest of the outfit. I'd like to upgrade the shirt was thinking possibly going Magnoli but it looks a bit to nice of a shirt. Almost looks like a dress shirt. I always picture Indy's clothing as mostly ex-military surplus. So now im considering Azuma if he does a run.
tmurph
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by tmurph »

I have the WPG and the Azuma (raiders) shirts. The material used on the Azuma is a lighter weight and more comfortable shirt than the WPG. Azuma is very close to the NH that l have.
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

tmurph wrote:I have the WPG and the Azuma (raiders) shirts. The material used on the Azuma is a lighter weight and more comfortable shirt than the WPG. Azuma is very close to the NH that l have.
Thanks, tmurph.

My shirt is WPG's latest iteration, and it looks and fits great. May have to check out one of Azuma's if they ever come to fruition.
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Just a reminder, last year I emailed him and he told me he is waiting to get enough interest. It seems to be a cost effectiveness issue. I wish he would just take pre orders and get the money he needs. So many of us what one of his awesome shirts. Me I'm starting with to whatever it happens :-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

I said whenever not whatever. The wonderful world of voice recognition

Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

RayROnline wrote:Just a reminder, last year I emailed him and he told me he is waiting to get enough interest. It seems to be a cost effectiveness issue. I wish he would just take pre orders and get the money he needs. So many of us what one of his awesome shirts. Me I'm starting with to whatever it happens :-)

RayR,

It's getting to the point where I want another Indy movie just to boost gear interest and availability again. :?
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Could someone who owns a Noel Howard / M.B.A. LC shirt please post a close-up picture of the buttons on it? I'm planning to convert one of my NH Raiders shirts to LC and I found a source of vintage WW2 M41 buttons, but I want to be certain of the color before I buy them. Thanks in advance! :TOH:
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

whipwarrior wrote:Could someone who owns a Noel Howard / M.B.A. LC shirt please post a close-up picture of the buttons on it? I'm planning to convert one of my NH Raiders shirts to LC and I found a source of vintage WW2 M41 buttons, but I want to be certain of the color before I buy them. Thanks in advance! :TOH:

Please msg me where to get those buttons also. I have 2 Raiders shirts that have damaged buttons from the cleaners and I cant find the correct simple shape.