What Price Glory Raiders shirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Re: What Price Glory Raiders shirt

Post by Solent MKIII »

Agreed - the shirt looks excellent! Got mine last week and am very pleased ( you guys weren't kidding about the fast shipping :shock: ). I had to order a 2XL long as I'm 6' 2" and wanted the extra length to tuck in. Shirt fits great in the shoulders and arms, and the sleeve length is just right. It's a bit snug around the middle, but that's just incentive for me to finally get on the horse and drop some unneeded pounds in that area, then the shirt will fit perfectly. The color and details look spot-on, and after a cold wash, those wonderful, screen-accurate wrinkles appeared right where they should!
bobbyd
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by bobbyd »

I bit the bullet and ordered a medium. It arrived today!

The fit: I'm pleased to report it fits pretty good! I was concerned about the sleeve length, but it's actually perfect. I went in figuring I'd prob have to get it tailored at the waist, and I will, but I'm not floating in it by any stretch. It's def the only M shirt I own that actually fits my shoulders. And I can even just about button the collar, albeit with some discomfort, around my 17 1/2" neck; which is an impossibility with most M shirts that have 15 1/2" collars (I don't intend on ever buttoning the collar anyway, but in the interest of a full report...).

The color: It seems to me to be a little dark. Of course, it hasn't been washed yet, and it's always difficult to compare what you see on film vs in person. Hopefully it lightens up a bit (without shrinking!) upon washing (in cold water, of course).

Other impressions/thoughts: As others have noted, the pockets strike me as just a little bit low; but hey, maybe that's how Indy's shirt was and I just never noticed...? The length of the epaulets may also take some getting used to. In comparing them to the screen used shirt, darn if they aren't actually that long. As I said, though, they just stand out to me in person.

For $48 plus shipping, a pretty good buy for a pretty nice shirt. It was always my intention to wear this "normally", not just as part of a costume, and I definitely will feel comfortable doing so.
Ruben
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by Ruben »

I would like to buy an Indiana Jones shirt.

The one from "What price and glory" looks great (in particular the color) but the sizes look odd.

The length, sleeve and collar of a small or small-long will be ok but the chest and waist don't match.

My chest is 35 and my waist 33,5. On the site of wpg the chest is 42 and the waist 40 for a small.

Will it shrink and fit if I wash it hot? Should I take the risk and buy one?

Or should I better buy another one from Todd's for example?

Thanks!

btw: What does AS mean?
Ruben.
Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Post by Solent MKIII »

There is some discussion on sizes/shrinkage of the wpg shirt in Tundrarider's thread that might help:

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

( by AS, do you mean, SA? SA = screen accurate )
Niel
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Niel »

Just ordered my WPG shirt... The beginning of many upcoming purchases to assemble my first Indy outfit.
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

Oh yes, consume you it will!!! Heck, I even started selling off stuff to get more money in order to order more Indy stuff!! Crazy!! =P~
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

A link you say? I'm not seeing it. If it just me?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Ruben wrote:I would like to buy an Indiana Jones shirt.

The one from "What price and glory" looks great (in particular the color) but the sizes look odd.

The length, sleeve and collar of a small or small-long will be ok but the chest and waist don't match.

My chest is 35 and my waist 33,5. On the site of wpg the chest is 42 and the waist 40 for a small.

Will it shrink and fit if I wash it hot? Should I take the risk and buy one?

Or should I better buy another one from Todd's for example?

Thanks!

btw: What does AS mean?
Ruben.
Ruben,

I think the latest consensus here is that WPG has fixed any sizing issues they've had in the past. Don't get too wrapped up in the measurements on the chart.

Simply buy the size you'd normally wear in most long sleeve button-down shirts. It worked for me when I bought mine.

Like most cotton products, it will probably shrink if washed in hot water or machine dried. Simply avoid doing either.

The biggest differences between Todd's and WPG's is that Todd's is a deeper khaki color and has a larger and longer collar.

IF for some reason it's ill-fitting, WPG's return process couldn't be easier.
Last edited by Cajunkraut on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruben
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by Ruben »

Thanks a lot for helping. I'm still in doubt.
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

I have a large long Todd's shirt from the yellow days. I'm going to order a WPG. Would a large be okay? Idk how the sizing is as they are little difficult to get right I have herd. My Todd's is a little tight but is okay.
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

WHen I ordered my WPG, I looked long and hard at their sizing, I went with a Medium since it seemed to be exactly what the Todd's large was, was I wrong!!

In the end, I returned the WPG medium and got a large and it fits just like the Todd's does. So, whatever you wore with a Todd's, order that size in the WPG and you should be fine...
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

Hey thank you for the info. I'll probably get a large. Do they have a little more room them Todd's or fit pretty much the same?
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Charybdis wrote:WHen I ordered my WPG, I looked long and hard at their sizing, I went with a Medium since it seemed to be exactly what the Todd's large was, was I wrong!!

In the end, I returned the WPG medium and got a large and it fits just like the Todd's does. So, whatever you wore with a Todd's, order that size in the WPG and you should be fine...
Toldya, Ruben! ;)
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

Well it's weird I normally wear XL shirts but my Todd's large fits fine but no extra room. Is that normal that it fit that way? Should I just get a WPG large?
indyfan1234
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyfan1234 »

My Todd's is a little tight in the chest so should I order WPG XL? I don't know how the room is on WPG compared to todds
Whitman
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Whitman »

ltfoley wrote:Here's mine, i'm very happy with it. It's a Medium Long but i had it shortenned. And it's perfect!!!
The Hat is a Last Crusade Herbert Johnson.
:D

I think this will be my situation, too. Based on the sizing...going with the M-long, and then having it shortened. Thanks for posting this pic!
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

bgarst wrote:
ltfoley wrote:Here's mine, i'm very happy with it. It's a Medium Long but i had it shortenned. And it's perfect!!!

I think this will be my situation, too. Based on the sizing...going with the M-long, and then having it shortened. Thanks for posting this pic!
Looks great. :clap: I also like their med-long, but I don't shorten it. I like the way it stays tucked in when I want it to.

BTW, you may want to check the rules on image size. Unless it's changed, you might hear about it :TOH:
generalFROSTY
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by generalFROSTY »

Ordered mine last week. Hoping the color is lighter than my AB shirt, which I love the fit and design but always thought it was too khaki in color.
As always, looking forward to upgrading and adding to my gear!
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

When I got my bag from them, it was folded up. It still has wrinkles in them(well, I will admit I received it on Christmas day 2013).

Regards from an endangered gentleman: baddates1
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Looks like they don't have any in large. Does anyone know when they restock their stuff?
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Jack Burton wrote:Looks like they don't have any in large. Does anyone know when they restock their stuff?
I've never known WPG to be out of stock on anything.

I suspect it's just a temporary post-Christmas shortage. Give 'em a call at 888-431-2351 or 831-754-2351. :TOH:
Ranging Robert
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Ranging Robert »

I almost posted that I tired to order a large before Christmas and trading emails after learning they sold out of large-I think WPG sold around 200 shirts! Now I'm patiently waiting for the email announcing the new shirts are in.
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

I just ordered a XL-L and they didn't say anything about being out of stock.
Ranging Robert
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Ranging Robert »

yeah-they had XLs and mediums (and other sizes)...no larges.
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Thanks, guys. I'll have to keep checking back with the website. It sounds like their shirts have improved quite a bit from what they use to be. :TOH:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

They still use the old photos on the website, but the sizing is more in line with typical OTR.
chuck2003
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by chuck2003 »

I bought a medium long and its fits great besides the length....I believe when I ordered it they where out of medium regular so i figured the shirt would be tucked in any way. Shirt looks good but it hangs to the bottom of my rear and im 5'11. bought the shirt in september
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

I can't believe how quickly I received my shirt. I ordered it on Monday and got it today. I ordered an XL-Long. It's a little baggy but nothing a quick wash and dry can't take care of and the long's are long. I am 6'2.5" tall and it goes down below my butt but I needed the long for the sleeve length. They quality of the shirt is great. It is a lot thicker than I thought it was going to be. Great shirt for the money and it looks great.
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

I just took it out of the dryer and it fits perfect!! Awesome shirt!!
Canasta
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Canasta »

DiCatania, what is your neck size. I am typically a 16.5. I bought a large and am thinking about going large/tall when they come in. I thought I may consider an xl/t.
Thanks!
C
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

I will get you the measurement tonight when I get home.
Thanks
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

My neck measures 17 inches.
Whitman
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Whitman »

I ordered a WPG shirt this week...M-L. Very fast delivery. The shirt needed a couple of washings to soften. But it fits really well and the color is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

DiCatania wrote:I can't believe how quickly I received my shirt. I ordered it on Monday and got it today. I ordered an XL-Long. It's a little baggy but nothing a quick wash and dry can't take care of and the long's are long. I am 6'2.5" tall and it goes down below my butt but I needed the long for the sleeve length. They quality of the shirt is great. It is a lot thicker than I thought it was going to be. Great shirt for the money and it looks great.
I'm 6'1" 220 17" neck 34/35 sleeve and the XL-L was the size that fit me. I love the long length because so many of my shirts come untucked when bending over or reaching. I need to loose a little weight because it's gotten a bit snug in the mid drift. Not so noticeable when arms are down but feels snug with arms crossed.
DiCatania
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DiCatania »

I love this shirt! I am going to order a few more. The XL-L is the perfect fit for me.
Whitman
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Whitman »

Whitman wrote:I ordered a WPG shirt this week...M-L. Very fast delivery. The shirt needed a couple of washings to soften. But it fits really well and the color is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Update. When I wrote my last post I failed to share that when I originally went to the WPG website my size (medium) wasn't listed as available. But when I called them they had one medium-long available. (I took it!) So, I encourage anyone wanting a shirt (or other WPG item that's listed as unavailable on the website) to call them directly to find out if it's ACTUALLY available.

The medium-long WPG shirt I received needed 3 washings. It feels much softer and is wrinkling nicely. It will still need to be shortened by about 4 inches and probably taken in a bit by a tailor (although not too much, it's NOT overly baggy as others have noted). Overall I'm very pleased with it. Good price, too!
generalFROSTY
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by generalFROSTY »

I ordered nearly 3 Weeks ago and still yet to recieve it (size small).
I emailed asking, all I get is a copy of a customer service message sent to the warehouse.
generalFROSTY
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by generalFROSTY »

Finally got it a few days ago. Apparently, a clerical error was the cause of it not being shipped right away.
Overall, I love the design and the fit is fantastic - dare I say better fitting than my AB shirt.
I was expecting a lighter color, compared next to my AB shirt, it has a greenish hue compared to the yellowish hue of the AB.
I washed it several times with a whitening booster and also tried Rit Dye color remover to try and lighten it, but it looks to have not budged the color at all.
I think I'll get used to it, it does have the tendency to appear different shades depending on the lighting, mostly in natural lighting it looks to photograph pretty much how I see it on screen so that's encouraging.
I really love it though! The price is a steal and it feels built to last.
dorian.jedi.master
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by dorian.jedi.master »

Hello all been reading this thread...it's been very informative....thank you guys for being very open about any info....I just put an order in for a ML WPG Raiders shirt....figured the long would be best as Itfoley mentioned it's best to have the shirt long...as I can be tailored later...I plan to wear it tucked in with my new Indy Gear....and in my regular "civilian" gear...thanks guys hope to post picks when it arrives!
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Anyone spoken with Jerry on when they plan to get more shirts?
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Texan Scott wrote:Anyone spoken with Jerry on when they plan to get more shirts?
Site updated today with more sizes, Scott. :TOH:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Hey, what a deal!

I cut one lose some time ago an regretted it so we'll see.
dorian.jedi.master
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by dorian.jedi.master »

I just got an email my first Indy shirt is on the way! Will post pics when it comes in