Taupe color pants

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Misfit13
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Taupe color pants

Post by Misfit13 »

Gentlemen, in your opinion, what color of the L.L. Bean chinos comes close to the color taupe? I wasn't able to purchase a pair of those before they discontinued them. It looks to me that the lighter khaki comes close, but I defer to the experts here. Thank you in advanced.
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: Taupe color pants

Post by WConly »

Misfit13 wrote:Gentlemen, in your opinion, what color of the L.L. Bean chinos comes close to the color taupe? I wasn't able to purchase a pair of those before they discontinued them. It looks to me that the lighter khaki comes close, but I defer to the experts here. Thank you in advanced.
I have both and the taupe is taupe: gray/brown in color. The ligher khaki -- is -- lighter khaki, however I also have their dark khaki, which is darker, but not taupe. Confused yet? Don't be...this is just what they are and how it is. And, the good news is I like them all. I don't wear the same color of pants everyday, but I do like the basic same style, as it works quite universally for me with most items I choose to wear along with the slacks. I also have a couple of pairs of Todd's pants and a beautiful pair of Magnoli's (Adventure Pants) in dark charcoal gray that are outstanding, in all regards.

Hope this helps in your quest ;) . W>
Misfit13
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Misfit13 »

Thank you sir! I'm holding out for todds and hopefully they will get my size in soon. I'm rocking the dark khakis now and trying to get that MacAurther washed look to them. Still, that taupe look is real nice.
generalFROSTY
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by generalFROSTY »

I started out with the Taupe LL Bean pants, extremely comfortable and the color paired quite excellent with the rest of my gear.
I've since upgraded to a tailored pair from Magnoli which looks and fits like a dream.
One day, I'll pick up a pair from Todd as I support his contributions to our hobby 100%.
Be sure to post pics when you get em'!
Misfit13
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Misfit13 »

I've been giving a hard look at the Magnoli's. Did you give him your actual size and did they fit true? I'm just worried about what size to order since it would be custom and coming all the way from NZ.
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Misfit13 wrote:I've been giving a hard look at the Magnoli's. Did you give him your actual size and did they fit true? I'm just worried about what size to order since it would be custom and coming all the way from NZ.
All I can say, regarding my Magnoli Charcoal trousers is they are perfect. Fit is to measurement and well worth the money! Just make certain that you give him the proper measurements and he will give you the proper trousers, in return. And, they are nice pants :tup: ! Worth the price and the wait! W>
generalFROSTY
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by generalFROSTY »

Misfit13 wrote:I've been giving a hard look at the Magnoli's. Did you give him your actual size and did they fit true? I'm just worried about what size to order since it would be custom and coming all the way from NZ.
I had my measurements taken professionally and then compared to a pair of off the rack dress pants that fit me well.
My magnoli trousers are easily the best fitting pants I've ever owned...and they make my butt look quite sensational too!
Duck9000
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Duck9000 »

Same here. My magnoli's pants fits absolutely perfect!
WConly wrote:
All I can say, regarding my Magnoli Charcoal trousers is they are perfect. Fit is to measurement and well worth the money! Just make certain that you give him the proper measurements and he will give you the proper trousers, in return. And, they are nice pants :tup: ! Worth the price and the wait! W>
Misfit13
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Misfit13 »

That's it! I'm sold! Now where did I put my Christmas wish list……..

Thank you, gentlemen, for your post. My worries have been averted.