Wested fit question (with pic) - UPDATE - RECEIVED!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Wested fit question (with pic) - UPDATE - RECEIVED!

Post by LZeitgeist »

Greetings - I have a question for the learned folk here.

I recently purchased a Wested custom 'Raiders' jacket, and I am loving it - however, it seems to do something odd, and I'm not sure if it's just the way the jacket is built, or if I should have ordered different measurements... here's a pic:

This is with the jacket on, unzipped, and my arm just hanging naturally to my side.

Should this area of the back panel/action pleat be 'flapped' this far open, or should the panel be more closed and 'neat' in appearance?

My chest measures 43", and the jacket is a size 44 - it feels and *seems* to fit me correctly across the chest, even when zipped all the way to the top. Is the jacket actually a size too large for me (given the width of the back panel), and I should have requested a size 42? Or is this just the way a Wested 'hangs' due to the design and construction?

I tried simulating having an elastic strap between the inside edges of the action pleat to hold them closer to each other by pinning them through the lining, but the look remained the same. I did not request elastic straps to be installed between the pleats, as I figured that if the construction of the jacket required it, they would have been installed without my asking. My Disney/Cooper jacket has elastic straps, and the action pleat on that jacket does not react this way, but that jacket was also purchased 20 years ago, is a size Medium, and is smaller in every dimension than this new Wested, including the overall width of the back panel.

It looks great from every other angle, but I'm not sure what to think about this. Have others among you run into this same situation? How did you solve it? Does it need solving, or is this just how the jacket looks on Harrison and I never really picked up on it before?

Thanks in advance for your input...
Last edited by LZeitgeist on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Re: Wested fit question (with pic)

Post by Texan Scott »

One is that the jacket is new. Goat can sometimes be a bit stiff, but eventually limbers up. Also, you might try to put some slack in the straps. See if that doesn't help? There is always a break in period with new leather, and once the leather has limbered up, you should see a difference in fit. Try the straps though, initially. On the whole, you would want the jacket to fit with a little slack in it as opposed to it fitting a bit too small. The leather will eventually conform. I could not imagine that the custom jacket would not fit as well as the Disney, but then again, some years of break in makes a difference, and you now have a custom, made to fit you jacket as well.
Last edited by Texan Scott on Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Agreed with Tex. Many times those side straps are cinched too tight. They were never intended to snug up the jacket fit, but to hold the action pleats even with the back. When pulled tight, the pleats can't close, and stay wide open as they are in your photo.

The elastic strap is standard in a lot of jackets with this kind of pleat, and the practice goes back to WW2 with Navy flying jackets. There's one in y Expedition, my Magnoli, and my HH Wings jacket. It's there for a reason.

Anyway....

What you have going on there is what we call the infamous 'flying squirrel' look.

Try what Tex suggests and see how it responds.

Another thing is to roll the jacket up in a ball and sit on it while watching TV. Yep, you read that right. You need to soften up the jacket, and rolling it up and sitting on it repeated will help speed that process up, helping relax the back.

If it fits you otherwise, those are little details that just need addressed. We've all dealt with them with many new jackets.

Regards! Michaelson
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Yep, just drag it behind a truck, and see if it is not whipped into shape by sending it to Indy prep school. :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

...and if you don't survive, well....don't forget....it was Tex's idea.... :Plymouth:
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Ah, I have read many comments regarding the 'flying squirrel' look, and I've never been able to really piece together what was exactly happening, but now I know... ](*,)

I had, in fact, snugged up the straps a bit to get it to conform a bit better around my lower torso, so I slid the straps back to where the were originally when it came out of the bag (the original buckle creases in the straps are still ever-so-slightly visible) and looked in the mirror, and while it did help just a *little* bit, it still flares out nearly as much as with the straps where I had them.

The goat is surprisingly soft - it drapes nicely around my body, and it doesn't *seem* like the back panel is all *that* cardboard stiff, but I'm not really sure what to think. Is it possible that a 42 would have fit me better, or would a smaller jacket size simply *increased* the spread of the action pleats and made it look this way anyway? As it is, the pleats seem to be pretty wide open all the way down the side, even when my arm is just naturally hanging, yet the jacket is *not* in any way snug.

It almost seems like my shoulders droop a bit more than the jacket is designed for, and the drooped jacket shoulders are opening the pleat from the top, but I'm not physically abnormal or anything... I'm not sure what I'd be able to do (or have done) about that - there were no measurement requests involved in that area of the jacket.

I'm puzzled, not sure if there's something I should have requested differently or not... I can ignore it, but if it is not how it should be and it makes me look like a big goober, then I'm thinking I'd prefer to not look like a goober... :oops:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Drop Peter and co. an email with the attached picture and ask them for their input.

They made it. They should be able to tell you what's going on with your specific jacket.

I've also had jackets do this when the shoulder seams were too far past the end of the shoulders. This defeats the action pleats function.

Where do your seams end up on your shoulders?

Regards! Michaelson
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

I've had jackets do that before when the yoke just above the back panel was a bit on the low side and was at a certain position on the curvature of the back. If your jacket's yoke is slightly lower, this will happen. It's sort of where the yoke and back panel meet in relation to its fitted position on your back, if that makes any sense.

Flying squirrels take a lot of abuse around here. Cruelty to animals, I figure. I mean, WHO is going to scoop up the acorns and jump from tree to tree? :-k People are just jealous because they can fly. :P
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

I just took Michaelson's advice and sent Peter and Gemma an e-mail including the pic and asking their advice.

I also asked about the 'Raiders jacket by Peter Botwright' tag (shown on the website in the custom 'Raiders' jacket listing) that was left out of my jacket - not sure why that was, but hopefully they'll just send me the tag so I can stitch it in the lining where it belongs.
Last edited by LZeitgeist on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Texan Scott wrote:I've had jackets do that before when the yoke just above the back panel was a bit on the low side and was at a certain position on the curvature of the back. If your jacket's yoke is slightly lower, this will happen. It's sort of where the yoke and back panel meet in relation to its fitted position on your back, if that makes any sense.
Is this what the "high Holt yoke" I've read about was designed to counteract? I didn't specify such as I didn't know what features were build-in and didn't want to come across as a stitch-picker...
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Don't you love all the titles we've applied to things around here? "Flying squirrel"? "Demon Roll"? "High Holt Yoke"? :lol:

Without a playbook, you don't know the players! :-k

Yep, that's the 'High Holt yoke.

Regards! M
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Just did a quick look for Holt's pics, and although my sleeve seams meet only slightly below the yoke seam, it looks like the yoke seam is close to if not the same as Holt's (mine measures 5-3/4" below the bottom of the collar stand)... ::scratching head::
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

From what I can see from your photo, from the side angle, your jacket almost looks like it could be a LC style. Not saying it is, just that it looks like one from that angle, based on the yoke and pleats. I have had a few LC repros., and a couple of them had that effect. Time to tame the action pleats. My guess is the jacket is new, and is calling for you to drag it behind a truck. Indy jackets do that. :P A good break in should bring balance to the Indy universe once again. The pleats look a bit stiff, and when they are, they just need some good wear and some break in. You can soften them up with Picard leather cream, and roll it up (tightly) as 'M' suggested, for several days. Say a few 'hail Mary's' and run around the block a few times...just kidding about the leather cream and rolling it up! :P Give the leather time to relax, it is still trying to get oriented, fresh out of the box...box shock, from the gallop across the pond! :shock:

Enjoy your new custom. It looks like it fits well. ;)
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

I'll post a pic of mine next to the pic I found of Holt's - maybe they're not as close as I think, but yes, either way, time will soften things and it will be what it will be. It's a gorgeous jacket, and I look like a big goober even without the jacket, so... ;)

Thank you for the continued input, gentlemen. Your passion for Indy shows through and through. :TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Leather, specifically tight fibered hides like goatskin, need to be 'trained'. If you can stand the thought, even roll it up in a ball and toss it in the bottom of your closet when not being worn. The constant rolling, crushing (when sitting on in a chair) will really soften it up quickly.

I've never done it myself, but some have even sworn that sleeping in their jacket a night or two completely transforms these jackets to form fitting garments. :-k

I don't know if any of the practitioneers are still married or with their significant others anymore after doing this, but at least their jackets fit nicely now. :lol: ;)

Regard! Michaelson
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Heard back from Gemma:
Dear Sir

I have looked at your photos and the jacket will need to be altered on the back you can return this back to us and we can alter for you, at the same time we can add the label for you. If you can please let me know if you wish to have this altered.

Cheers Gemma
I responded asking about costs and turnaround time - it might have to be after Halloween.

I understand what you gents are saying about the goat needing time to soften and relax, but I'm actually surprised at just how soft and supple this goatskin already is - I think it might be softer than what you're thinking. The back panel isn't sticking out because it's being stubborn and cardboard-like - it's more like the shoulders of the jacket are more square and my shoulders allow the jacket shoulders to droop, causing the horizontal yoke seam to curve down at the ends and the pleats to open up because of the 'squareness' of the top corners of the back panel.

I'm not sure if this can be corrected by reducing the width of the back panel, or what the plan might be - I asked for further details in my reply to help me decide how to proceed.

*sigh* I wish I could just drive a couple hours to get to the shop and have them fit me in person, but my car doesn't float...
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Heard back from Gemma (again):
Dear Sir,

Its too wide on the back for you from the photos you have sent , we wont charge you for this alterations we normally would charge £30 , however you will need to pay to return the jacket back to us. Please send this back as soon as you can as its getting nearer to Christmas it will be a bit longer waiting time at the moment a couple of weeks.

Cheers Gemma
I responded that I wouldn't be able to return it until after Halloween and I double-checked the Return Policy on Wested.com to be sure I knew what to do.

I'm going to find it hard to send it off, but it will be nice that it will fit me properly... [-o<
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
donovan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by donovan »

hi, i own a number of wested indy jackets in various hides and i too have experienced this same problem with the back panels.They all fitted perfectly on me in all other respects but all ,in varying degrees, had back panels that would gape open.My horsehide jacket was so bad i actually glued the back panels down ! As mentioned above however they do relax and settle down after time.Anyway, good luck and i hope you get your jacket rectified to your satisfaction-i know you've invested alot of time and effort in getting your jacket right.I wonder if other wested indy jacket owners have experienced this problem :-k .
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Michaelson wrote:Leather, specifically tight fibered hides like goatskin, need to be 'trained'. If you can stand the thought, even roll it up in a ball and toss it in the bottom of your closet when not being worn. The constant rolling, crushing (when sitting on in a chair) will really soften it up quickly.

I've never done it myself, but some have even sworn that sleeping in their jacket a night or two completely transforms these jackets to form fitting garments. :-k

I don't know if any of the practitioneers are still married or with their significant others anymore after doing this, but at least their jackets fit nicely now. :lol: ;)

Regard! Michaelson

Absolutely. Sleeping in it breaks it in SUPER quickly. As well as everything in Tundrariders extreme natural distressing thread. Its my bible.
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Michaelson wrote:Agreed with Tex. Many times those side straps are cinched too tight. They were never intended to snug up the jacket fit, but to hold the action pleats even with the back. When pulled tight, the pleats can't close, and stay wide open as they are in your photo.

The elastic strap is standard in a lot of jackets with this kind of pleat, and the practice goes back to WW2 with Navy flying jackets. There's one in y Expedition, my Magnoli, and my HH Wings jacket. It's there for a reason.

Anyway....

What you have going on there is what we call the infamous 'flying squirrel' look.

Try what Tex suggests and see how it responds.

Another thing is to roll the jacket up in a ball and sit on it while watching TV. Yep, you read that right. You need to soften up the jacket, and rolling it up and sitting on it repeated will help speed that process up, helping relax the back.

If it fits you otherwise, those are little details that just need addressed. We've all dealt with them with many new jackets.

Regards! Michaelson
Actually, the 'Flying Squirrel' referred to too-large, too-low armholes, where wearing the jacket zipped and raising the arms gave the wearer a 'ready to go gliding' look.
I'm not sure what this is, but we'd need a new name. Puffy-Pleats effect?
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

That's not what it meant back in 1998 when we first invented the term at Indyfan.com. :lol:

It originally refered to action pleats that would not close when arms were at the side of the wearer, regardless of reason....incorrectly placed, yoke, no elastic, low arm holes....what ever....

It was created at the same time the term 'demon roll' of the wavy zipper making the top of the jacket turn outward.

It's EVOLVED into the definition you give above.

Sorry. I'm old school. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Michaelson wrote:That's not what it meant back in 1998 when we first invented the term at Indyfan.com. :lol:

It originally refered to action pleats that would not close when arms were at the side of the wearer, regardless of reason....incorrectly placed, yoke, no elastic, low arm holes....what ever....

It was created at the same time the term 'demon roll' of the wavy zipper making the top of the jacket turn outward.

It's EVOLVED into the definition you give above.

Sorry. I'm old school. ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Been e-mailing with Gemma - after Nov. 1st, I'll be sending the jacket to Wested for alterations to the back, and while it's there I'm also going to have them add the elastic straps to the pleats. I'm actually pretty shocked those aren't standard.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Me too. I thought they were at Wested by now. :-s

Glad you're getting it sorted out! :M: :tup:

Regards! Michaelson
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Well, have run into a HUGE snag -

Was entering info into UPS.com to ship the jacket back today for alterations, following the Return instructions on Wested.com. only to find that UPS will be charging me

$152.95

to return the jacket!! :shock:

Is this what you gentlemen have run into?

I'm stunned and speechless - it was only $40.00US to ship the jacket to me, and I'm trying to return it in the same way...

I don't know what to do, because that's just completely unreasonable, in multiple ways...

Any other lower-cost options? I can't move forward at that rate.

I contacted Gemma and relayed this info - I'm hoping something else can be worked out.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

send it usps. It will cost around $40.
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Texan Scott wrote:send it usps. It will cost around $40.
Checked USPS.com - looking like about $60.

Would like to know details from Gemma before I send it out, though - they're very specific on Wested.com to use UPS. Want to make sure I know the ins and outs before I ship it, so they won't refuse it for some reason (taxes & duties, etc.)...

EDIT - actually, just went back and re-read the Return Policy -my mistake - it does not specify to only use UPS, it merely specifically states NOT to use FedEx.

OK, USPS it is... *sigh* feeling dumb right now.
Last edited by LZeitgeist on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Its cost me around $40. As long as you have the right address and mark it coming back for alterations, I don't think you have any problem.
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Just shipped it off - was able to send it out for $47 and change via USPS. *whew*

Totally stupid brain fart on the UPS shipping situation this morning... :oops:

Hopefully the next couple of weeks will hurry on by, and all will be well...
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Day 4... it's passed through Customs according to the tracking info...

Hoping for a quick and accurate turnaround, and safe journeys in both directions.

Looking forward to positive news from Gemma... [-o<
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Wested fit question (with pic) - Update - Returned(?)

Post by LZeitgeist »

Day 5 - well, @#$%.

Just checked the tracking, and it's currently in this state:

-----------------------
Payment of charges -Item being held, addressee being notified
Your item could not be delivered on November 6, 2013 at 5:41 am in UNITED KINGDOM due to payment of charges. It is being held while the addressee is notified.
-----------------------

I clearly marked the package 'RETURNED FOR REFUND' and marked the check boxes on the Customs forms as 'Returned Item', exactly as stated in the instructions on their website - I'm not sure what else I could have done.

For those who have gone through this process, is this what usually happens, or did something go not as it was supposed to?
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Relax. One thing we've all learned when in your position is that once your package enters the UK postage system, all bets are off. ;)

At least you found out that much. Anytime I had to send something back to Wested, once it entered the abyss of the UK mail system, it completely disappeared from radar until Gemma or Peter sent me an email confirming its arrival. Tracking doesn't exist as we know it there, but it always gets to Wested somehow.

Sometimes that 'charges' statement is automatically posted when they couldn't make a delivery. They had to put something up on the site.

Regards! Michaelson
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

OK, thanks for the input.

This is my first time in my 45 years of doing any International shipping, etc., and so of course it's got to be for something both custom and not inexpensive. *wry smile*

Thanks for being my support group. :lol:

"Hi - I'm Patrick, and I had to ship my jacket back to Wested..."

"Hi, Patrick!"
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Hi - I'm Patrick, and I had to ship my jacket back to Wested..." :TOH:

"Hi, Patrick!" :TOH:

"YOU'RE SCREWED!" :shock: #-o

"SHUT UP, Dude....wait your turn!" :x [-X

:lol: ;)

Let's see if Erin spots this one. :Plymouth:
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

:rolling:
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

OK, Gemma's been working like a champion to get things sorted out.

Even though I CLEARLY checked 'Returned Goods' on the form, wrote 'Jacket Returned for Refund' in the notes and wrote 'RETURNED FOR REFUND' on both sides of the packet the jacket was shipped in, apparently some dumb*** along the way marked SOMEthing on SOME piece of paper that stated otherwise. I have no idea - I sent Gemma scans of my own paperwork showing it being properly marked, and I asked her to please scan and e-mail whatever documentation that shows up with the package. I'm truly stumped, as there was nothing else I could do to make it more clear.

Gemma's been great in helping negotiate with the idiots at the postal place - hopefully I'll get an e-mail from her soon that they have the jacket safely in hand.
Duck9000
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Duck9000 »

Sorry to hear about those entanglements. Sadly it seems to be a worldwide infection...
LZeitgeist wrote:OK, Gemma's been working like a champion to get things sorted out.

Even though I CLEARLY checked 'Returned Goods' on the form, wrote 'Jacket Returned for Refund' in the notes and wrote 'RETURNED FOR REFUND' on both sides of the packet the jacket was shipped in, apparently some dumb*** along the way marked SOMEthing on SOME piece of paper that stated otherwise. I have no idea - I sent Gemma scans of my own paperwork showing it being properly marked, and I asked her to please scan and e-mail whatever documentation that shows up with the package. I'm truly stumped, as there was nothing else I could do to make it more clear.

Gemma's been great in helping negotiate with the idiots at the postal place - hopefully I'll get an e-mail from her soon that they have the jacket safely in hand.
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Day 12... update - the package with the jacket FINALLY arrived at Wested!

I asked Gemma to please e-mail me a scan of the paperwork it arrived with - I'm going to be filing a claim with the Postal Service to refund my $47.50 postage because according to their guarantee, it was supposed to have been delivered on Nov. 5th!! :x

I'm just glad it's there - Gemma said nothing about its condition, only that it had arrived, so I'm assuming it's not been damaged in shipment or anything.

Praying for a quick, smooth and inexpensive turnaround, and an accurate and well-fitted finish to all this... [-o<
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

LZeitgeist wrote: I'm going to be filing a claim with the Postal Service to refund my $47.50 postage because according to their guarantee, it was supposed to have been delivered on Nov. 5th!! :x
Yeah, so much for that - the Post Office said they met their guarantee by getting it to THE COUNTRY by Nov. 5th... they claim they don't guarantee actual DELIVERY by that date.

I understand the USPS can't help when Customs holds something, but Customs had no reason to hold it in the first place the way it was marked... :x

Whatever. I can't say I'm at all in any way surprised.

Still praying for a quick and accurate turnaround and an accurate fit once it's back to me.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Michaelson wrote: Anytime I had to send something back to Wested, once it entered the abyss of the UK mail system, it completely disappeared from radar until Gemma or Peter sent me an email confirming its arrival. Tracking doesn't exist as we know it there, but it always gets to Wested somehow.
Yep. Do you remember what I told you last week? Once the USPS hands a package over to another countrys mail service it's out of their hands and the clock stops on that track. That's been the way it's always been. :lol:

Glad it didn't disappear.

Regards! Michaelson
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Wested fit question (with pic) - FINALLY BACK AT WESTED!

Post by LZeitgeist »

Well, even after it crossed over into the UK, I was still receiving updates through the USPS Tracking system:
Nov. 2 - Processed through Sort Facility - ISC Miami FL (USPS)

Nov. 3 - Processed through Sort Facility - United Kingdom

Nov. 3 - Customs Clearance - United Kingdom

Nov. 5 - Customs Clearance Processing Complete - United Kingdom

Nov. 6 - Payment of charges - item being held, addressee being notified - United Kingdom

Nov. 8 - Customs Clearance - United Kingdom

Nov. 13 - Delivered - United Kingdom
It (fortunately) never disappeared from the radar. It was just held up for no reason given how the package and the paperwork was marked.

That and I feel it was the duty of the USPS to be more clear just WHAT they were 'guaranteeing'...

Oh well, it's there now and in their hands & I'm glad about that. Hopefully smooth sailing from this point forward.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Day 17... waiting... hoping things are going well.

Really hoping to have it back before the Thanksgiving holidays, with the right alterations made and no further shipping complications... [-o<
Duck9000
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Duck9000 »

Fingers crossed here for you ;)
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Duck9000 wrote:Fingers crossed here for you ;)
Thanks! :TOH:
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Wested fit question (with pic) - UPDATE - coming back ho

Post by LZeitgeist »

Day 21 - got notification from UPS that my jacket is on it's way back to me!

Supposed to arrive on Monday - I'm hopeful that everything went smoothly and accurately. [-o<
Duck9000
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Wested fit question (with pic) - UPDATE - coming back ho

Post by Duck9000 »

Excellent news! :D
LZeitgeist wrote:Day 21 - got notification from UPS that my jacket is on it's way back to me!

Supposed to arrive on Monday - I'm hopeful that everything went smoothly and accurately. [-o<
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Wested fit question (with pic) - UPDATE - RECEIVED!

Post by LZeitgeist »

Got it back from Wested! \:D/

They did a great job with the alterations - I'm very happy with the results and I plan for this to be my go-to jacket for a long time to come. :D

BRING IT, OLD MAN WINTER!!! :whip:

THANK YOU, PETER, GEMMA AND WESTED!! :clap: :clap:
Bdgsi11
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bdgsi11 »

That's great news! Glad to hear that it was worth all the trouble and look forward to seeing the updated pics. :H:
LZeitgeist
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by LZeitgeist »

Yeah, I was under the impression that they were going to disassemble the entire back and narrow the bottom of the yoke, but I think they tapered the back panel and left the top edge at the yoke seam as it was.

I had them add the elastic straps between the action pleats, and I think that this helped correct the initial problem to a larger degree than tapering the back panel, but I think doing both helped as much as was possible.

NOTE TO ALL FUTURE WESTED PURCHASERS - at this time, the elastic straps between the action pleats is NOT a standard feature of the 'Raiders' jacket. If you want these included (and it seems to me that the design of this jacket demands them) you must specifically request them. If I understood Gemma correctly, there is no additional charge for them if included on the initial order request.