Fall approaches!....

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Re: Fall approaches!....

Post by Texan Scott »

We're just joking around here, but it would be nice to see a few jackets of choice during this season?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Still awaiting the opportunty to pull one out.....but next week looks promising.....50's daytime highs and 30's at night, so one will be making an appearance.

Right now it's just too humid to wear one comfortably here in Tennessee....cooler, but humid. Not a comfortable mix. :?

Regards! M
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Michaelson wrote:....cooler, but humid. Not a comfortable mix. :?

Regards! M

Like being in a cave. Hated that weather in Missouri.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Exactly. :|
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Our weather has been so strange and with my hours, being strange too -- this has been a very tough 'call the jacket-fall.' Example: This past Saturday, I worked a 'Knights of Columbus' shift passing out tootsie rolls (annual fund raising event for those with intellectual disabilities) wearing my lamb 'Hero' (thanks Hector), with shirt, slacks, hat, etc. and was just fine. This was from 10:00 A.M. - Noon! The very next day, I was back (this time from 8 in the morning till 10) and had to wear a light sweater along with my new lamb LC/CS -- just that much cooler, damper and more wind to make the difference. Then, as yet another example of the weirdness here...early this morning I grabbed a cow-hide G&B (Raider -- not ROTLA-Raider), as it was that cool -- however, by this evening I was back into the lamb LC/CS to attend evening mass and then take the wife to dinner! Go figure #-o ! This year's fall weather situation (here) is giving me a brain ache! Too much thinking and planning :-k , for just a 'single' day! But, it is a bit of fun and it sure gives my jackets the 'wear-around,' if you will! Tomorrow looks again to be an interesting mix, however not quite as diverse as today :) ! So...guess I'll keep on truckin' and let my jackets get a good run for the money! W>
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

Actually, it is pretty cool and sometimes cold down here. Even in the heat of summer at the end when this topic was posted, I wore my hat everywhere. "Oh the places you'll go!"
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

I find it cool that you worked at Nights of Columbus. Nice that you went to Mass. That is cool how you shift Jackets! I don't have any Indy jackets. The only gear I have are the hat from hatsdirect, and an un accurate satchel with an accurate Raiders leather strap. I am not sure if I should get the shirt though, I would like to, and I don't want to. :? :anxious:
!?!?!?!??!!?!? I feel like being pulled in 2 directions! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Regards from an endangered gentleman: baddates1
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

I have owned a WPG shirt, and they are accurate, good shirts. Used to, there were issues as to fit, but they addressed that and now fit like an other OTR sizing pattern. Order your normal size and see if the Indy flood gates don't open up for you. ;) It's really a low stress transaction....trust me! :P
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Not to derail the topic (then again, we're actually on topic :-k :lol: ), save your money. Watch the classified section....get yourself a jacket.

You can get a shirt anytime, either a 'real' one or a 'wannbe' version, but with cooler weather coming in, you'll get use out of your jacket now....and can pick up one at a really reasonable price if you watch the classified ads. There are several available right now ranging in sizes from 'small' to XL, and $100 upwards....almost the cost of a good shirt. Doesn't matter about make or type....just get a good one.

Use the money wisely. Invest in a good jacket.

The little stuff will come your way in due time. There's no hurry. That's the fun of the hobby, watching and waiting for the right deal and opportunity to purchase a wanted item.

Regards! Michaelson
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Indiana Jeff wrote:
Michaelson wrote:....cooler, but humid. Not a comfortable mix. :?

Regards! M

Like being in a cave. Hated that weather in Missouri.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Try living on the Chesapeake bay! Stuffy, smoggy, humid and HOT. Luckily its been better now...
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

Michaelson wrote:Not to derail the topic (then again, we're actually on topic :-k :lol: ), save your money. Watch the classified section....get yourself a jacket.

You can get a shirt anytime, either a 'real' one or a 'wannbe' version, but with cooler weather coming in, you'll get use out of your jacket now....and can pick up one at a really reasonable price if you watch the classified ads. There are several available right now ranging in sizes from 'small' to XL, and $100 upwards....almost the cost of a good shirt. Doesn't matter about make or type....just get a good one.

Use the money wisely. Invest in a good jacket.

The little stuff will come your way in due time. There's no hurry. That's the fun of the hobby, watching and waiting for the right deal and opportunity to purchase a wanted item.

Regards! Michaelson
You see, I am trying to start with small and work my way upward. I know that I have a Fed IV deluxe but you know. Besides, I have to save money for a nice old car! And I just want to start simple and work my way upwards. And the prices for Indy jackets....... a bit out of my range. Thanks anyway!

Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

They are showing up all the time in the classified starting at $100, depending on size. A good shirt costs half that.

Why start small? Life's too short.

Regards! M
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

Like I said I still need to save for a car, after all, life's too short. Thanks anyway!

Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Sorry I bothered. :|

Anyway, we had frost this morning. The Expedtion comes out today.

Photos borrowed from The Dude's post of 2 years ago who shot them for me.

Has since been treated with Pecards leather lotion.

Regards! Michaelson :M:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Mine was being stored like a fruit roll up and just broke it out this morning. 'tis the season. ;)

Are bad dates better than none a'tall, well you decide. :-k Hard to get a date unless you have a ride though...get one with leather seats and you've killed two birds with one stone. :lol:

Enjoy!
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

Texan Scott wrote:I swear we are going to make weathermen out of COW members yet!

Well, it's sunny and warm today, and chances are, it will be sunny and warm tomorrow with little to no rain in the desert southwest....back to you, 'M' :mrgreen:
No it would probably be more like this.

"It is going to snow tomarrow and part icy roads. The temperature will be 20 degrees with winds up to 15 mph wind. It looks like my Adventurebilt would be perfect for tomarrow. And I may as well bring my Penman lid!"

I don't have either of those hats. I am just saying what you guys as weathermen would be like.

This is me.

"I think that tomarrow with a lucky guess would be icy with some snow not sure how much, and temperatures up to 35? 12? 24? Lucky guess's mind you folks! And the only thing I am able to say is, my Federation Deluxe IV would be good, and if I had a jacket like Indy's, I would take it."

I forgot how to spell tomarrow!

Last edited by baddates1 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
baddates1
Vendor

Post by baddates1 »

Michaelson wrote:Sorry I bothered. :|

It is fine! An old truck is what I would like that's all. Speaking of which, does anyone have a truck like Indy's in "Mystery of the Blues"? if you do, please post pics! I would just like to see.

Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Sedans like my 1950 sell all day long for anywhere from $4000 upwards to a completely restored trailer queen around $72,000.

In my area a 1950 Chevy stepside pickup completely rusted out and sitting on blocks with no engines run around 5K, and go up from there. They're much sought after and are HUGE with project car buffs.

That said, let's bring that back around to the subject title and you can start a new thread in Lao Che on Indy's pick up truck, if you don't mind. Not here. :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Michaelson wrote:Sorry I bothered. :|

Photos borrowed from The Dude's post of 2 years ago who shot them for me.

Has since been treated with Pecards leather lotion.

Really nice jacket there, Mark! I assume it was one of the Flight Suits protos, veg tanned? They just get better with age!
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Yep. That it is...complete with prototype (but never used) nickel plated zip that was proposed for use, but the source was blocked when nickel plating was outlawed in California back in 2000-2001.

Regards! M