New WPG Raiders Holster

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Cajunkraut

New WPG Raiders Holster

Post by Cajunkraut »

Recently noticed it under their new arrivals.

I dig WPG's site (no pun intended), and it's nice to know there's another Raiders holster option out there.

If anyone orders one, please review it here! :)

Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Re: New WPG Raiders Holster

Post by Solent MKIII »

NICE! :D I always thought that the generic 'Indy' holsters wpg offered looked pretty hokey ( I noticed they still have them for sale on their website ), but this new one looks great! Glad to see they copied the Raiders design pretty faithfully ( I too am very interested in a first-hand review of this ).
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Okay, so I caved and ordered one.

I'd post a pic, but it would look exactly like the file photo.

Initial impressions are that this is a sturdy cowhide holster reminiscent of surplus flap holsters for the 1911 pistol. It's nice and stiff, and will need a bit of break-in. The color is SA, and the smooth finish is begging to be distressed.

My only concern is that the cut from the fastening hole nearest the end of the strap may be needlessly long. As you can see in the photo, it extends nearly to the second hole, which makes me think that it could eventually tear through.

As a production holster, I recommend this over Todd's current Raiders offering, even if only for the fact that WPG's still retains the SA second hole. Overall, I give this holster 4/5 stars, withholding 1 star only for TBD long-term durability.
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

New WPG Raiders Holster

Post by ChrisMD »

Cajunkraut wrote:Okay, so I caved and ordered one.

Initial impressions are that this is a sturdy cowhide holster reminiscent of surplus flap holsters for the 1911 pistol. It's nice and stiff, and will need a bit of break-in. The color is SA, and the smooth finish is begging to be distressed.

My only concern is that the cut from the fastening hole nearest the end of the strap may be needlessly long. As you can see in the photo, it extends nearly to the second hole, which makes me think that it could eventually tear through.

As a production holster, I recommend this over Todd's current Raiders offering, even if only for the fact that WPG's still retains the SA second hole. Overall, I give this holster 4/5 stars, withholding 1 star only for TBD long-term durability.

Doesnt it feel better to cave and just buy something? I recently did that...as you might already know!
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

ChrisMD wrote:
Cajunkraut wrote:Okay, so I caved and ordered one.

Doesnt it feel better to cave and just buy something? I recently did that...as you might already know!
:) :tup: