New Aussie style bull whip

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

parttime
Vendor

New Aussie style bull whip

Post by parttime »

Just added a new Aussie bull whip to Crease-N-Corral.

http://www.creasencorral.com/index.php? ... cord_ID=85" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for checking it out,
-Dusty
ABMann
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: New Aussie style bull whip

Post by ABMann »

That's lovely. I especially like the contrasted aging pattern on the taper knot.
parttime
Vendor

Post by parttime »

Thanks ABMann :TOH:
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

How do you change colors? Just replacing strands with other ones?
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

I really like what I see, particularly the colors! But I'm a little lost on your terminology. "Aussie style" bullwhip is a bit loose but typically it means a long handled bullwhip that is light (for sport cracking) and lacks a wrist loop. Why not call it something like an American bullwhip?
parttime
Vendor

Post by parttime »

Hey tomek9210- that is one way of doing it, you can also dye sections of a whip after completion although it is a tedious job that takes a fine brush and a steady hand.

WhipDude- Thank you for your compliments and you would be correct in your thinking if every whip customer knew what every kind of whip was called.
Unfortunately to a very large number of people this link below is, in their minds, what an American Bullwhip looks like.

http://www.horsetackonline.com/swivel-h ... 11198.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sometimes this is the only kind of whip they have ever seen besides the "Indy Whip" if they have ever seen an Indy whip.

I have made true Aussie bull whips like you describe with 12 to 14 inch handles, lighter weight and smaller diameter
but thanks to Adam Winrich and Anthony DeLongis the majority of whip enthusiast better identify these whips as "Target Whips".
There fore I market them as so.

-Dusty