Crease n Corral Fortune and Glory Review with PICS

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

mcmanm
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Crease n Corral Fortune and Glory Review with PICS

Post by mcmanm »

Discovered these hats late last summer and just didnt pick one up. Contacted Dusty about a month ago to see if he still made these hats since there was no sign of them on his site. Said he was waiting for the summer shipment of straw bodies at the time. He still makes the Fortune and Glory and the ToD in both white or tan and with or without the "Penman Ribbon & Bow".

I ordered the Fortune & Glory in tan with the "Penman" treatment. I specifically asked for a CS looking bash. It only took a few days and was sent FedEx. Shipping prep was excellent. The box was solid and practically waterproofed with tape. The hat was sealed in a plastic bag as well. I was nervous about the fit since I'm used to Penman and AB customs. I gave Dusty my measurements based on previous experience. The hat fits perfect. Imo CS bash is spot on, the sweatband is soft and pliable and the bow work has John's hands all over it.

Dusty was great when it came to customer service and response time. He took the time to educate me on maintenance and how to teak the brim, etc. For the price of $110.00 (s/h incl.) you can't beat it. I know, "where are the pics?" Been awhile since I've put any on this site. I will try to get some up today. Definitely check out Crease n Corral. You won't be disappointed!

Matt
Last edited by mcmanm on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illinois James
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Crease n Corral Fortune and Glory Review

Post by Illinois James »

What Matt said. (Last 2 sentences, anyway!)
mcmanm
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mcmanm »

Here are the pics.

mcmanm
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Crease n Corral Fortune and Glory Review with PICS

Post by mcmanm »

Forgot to mention I also have had the PB Milan straw for the last 4 years. Decent hat, but has definitely lost its shape over the years. I definitely prefer the more rugged straw of Crease n Corral.
Illinois James
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois James »

MC, Dampen that milan a little with a spray bottle (water) and try reshaping it to your liking, and let it dry. It might reactivate the stiffener that remains in it. You might have to get some stiffener to add to what's left to hold the shape.

Some guys use certain types of hair spray for this, too, though I've never tried.

Dusty's hats are very good. Just don't sit on it!
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Does anyone know if Dusty still offers these? On his site, there's only one model showing the TOD styled hat.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

backstagejack wrote:Does anyone know if Dusty still offers these? On his site, there's only one model showing the TOD styled hat.

I think thats the only style of Indy hat he offered. good idea would to contact him directly. his contact infer is on his site.
Duck9000
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Duck9000 »

mcmanm wrote:Here are the pics.
Great pics and great hat. Thanks for sharing :tup: :TOH:
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Yeah, I've sent him an email. I'd love one of his hats, but I'm not fond of the TOD style. His site only has one pic but used to have many of the other styles.

If I could get one like his fortune and glory style even without the penman ribbon/bow, I'd be happy for the summer. :D
parttime
Vendor

Post by parttime »

Hey folks,

Since this thread has recently been resurrected I will post a copy of the email I just sent to backstagejack.

"Due to the volume of whip orders I have been receiving I am not keeping an inventory of straws.
I do have a few white TOD straws left but I am currently out of the tan Fortune & Glory's.
However I can still order them from my supplier at any time. I can have a hat with in 2 to 3 weeks of your order
and get it blocked up/shipped out to you ASAP.
The new price of the tan Fortune & Glory is $80.00 + $21.00 shipping in the US as my suppliers have of course gone up.
I also offer the tan Fortune & Glory with a 1 1/2 inch brown grosgrain ribbon from Penman Hats for $99.00 + $21.00 shipping US."

This would be the hat pictured in this thread.
Thank You John!

"Since I do not have an inventory of these hats at this time it is very important you are sized correctly the first time.
The straw bodies I use for my Indy straws are actually western hats made by American Hat Company in Bowie Tx.
If you have access to any western wear store you can try one of their hats on to get the exact fit.
However you will not very likely find one with the short Indy brim" and store owners are usually not very obliging to such a special request.
"I have that special ordered."

FYI- Any customer willing to set up a business account and place a $3,000.00 hat order with American Hat Co. can also special order the brim size of your choosing. You may also want to order them all in your own size as you could potentially get stuck with them. :-k

The Bangora straw made by American Hat Company will work for sizing as well.

Hope this helps out a bit.
Thanks,
-Dusty
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

email received and responded! Thanks again Dusty!!! Hoping to get one of these babies in time to wear to Florida in April :TOH: