Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Alden 403 and 405 comparision with customer service revi

Post by Mitch LaRue »

This is lonnng overdue, but here's a couple of shots of my recently acquired Alden's 403's in Brown CHROME EXCEL color. :)

They fit like a DREAM and definitely make a great addition not only to my Indy Gear Collection but ALSO my regular "Wearin' 'Em Every Other Day in the Urban Jungle" Collection. ;)

(Michaelson, you'll be pleased -I hope- to know that I bought some cedar shoe trees for that all-important "every OTHER day" when I'm NOT wearing these beauties)

lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Alden 403 and 405 comparision with customer service review

Post by lantzn »

That's such a sharp looking color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Mitch LaRue wrote:(Michaelson, you'll be pleased -I hope- to know that I bought some cedar shoe trees for that all-important "every OTHER day" when I'm NOT wearing these beauties)
:M: :tup:
Christian Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Christian Jones »

Very nice shoes Mitch :tup: !
Did you ordered your size like Michael or did you ordered 1/2 size smaller ?

I'm actualy thinking of ordering a pair myself ;) but I don't know with the size thing... I only have Todd's boots to compare and they are a size 10. Can somebody who has both Aldens and Todd's please help me ?
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Thanks guys :)

Christian, I usually wear either a Size 9&1/2 or a Size 10 (depending on the shoe), but with these I gambled for the smaller of the two and the fit is just perfect: nice and comfortable, but not too snug but not too roomy either.
:D :tup:
I'd love to help you out as far as the comparison with the Todd's Shoe goes, but sorry to tell you, I've never owned a pair and just don't know the facts.

:TOH:
Christian Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Christian Jones »

Thank you Mitch, it helps :TOH: .
As I wear a size 10 in all my shoes (boots, dress shoes and sneakers), I think it would be safer to order a size 10.

;)
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Nice Mitch!!! :tup: Really like the color on those. :TOH:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

nice boots.

personally I still think the real raiders boots were the brick color. we see it in the truck when he floors the pedal. lighting and aging can make the boots look darker but in that scene it looks to be in natural light. just like the jacket when he jumps over the gap at the temple. that one scene really shows it's true color.

example..

take the boots from temple of doom. they look identical to raiders in color when seen on screen but back at Noels' place you see them in natural light and they are brick like the standard aldens.

either way, slightly darker, slightly lighter.. you can't go wrong IMO.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Thanks fellas! Glad you like 'em.
:TOH:
Picker
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Picker »

Sizing is a strange thing. I wore size 11 for most of my adult life. Then, at about age 44, I had to start buying bigger shoes. I attributed it to inconsistent sizing among overseas shoe makers and feet-spread due to aging. I ordered a pair of 405s in 2008 after having my feet professionally measured in a high-end shoe store: 11D. I thought they fit for a while, wanted them to fit, but they were just too tight, even though my feet measured out at 11D. Luckily, I was able to sell them for not too great a loss. Last week I ordered a pair of 403's in 12D, the size I normally wear. I've been wearing them for a few days now, and it's all the difference in the world. They feel great. I can wear a good substantial sock with them, like a Smartwool hiker.
I chose the 403 brown chromexel this time. I like this color much better than the reddish 405; plus, the leather lining is very luxurious. So far, I've gotten lots of compliments, even from my high school students. I'm a teacher. Part time.
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Mitch LaRue wrote:This is lonnng overdue, but here's a couple of shots of my recently acquired Alden's 403's in Brown CHROME EXCEL color. :)

They fit like a DREAM and definitely make a great addition not only to my Indy Gear Collection but ALSO my regular "Wearin' 'Em Every Other Day in the Urban Jungle" Collection. ;)

(Michaelson, you'll be pleased -I hope- to know that I bought some cedar shoe trees for that all-important "every OTHER day" when I'm NOT wearing these beauties)

I had to post this reply because of the amazing similarity in color to the 405's I just got yesterday. The flat brown shoe lace is stock (round is much easier to lace), the black is something I'm trying. This is with flash and indoor lighting.

I was very pleased at how dark they are. Better than the catalog photo. Pants pulled up to show full shoe. The original laces measure out at 58" which I can not find anywhere. The black one said 54" on the label, but measured out at 60"...which works better for the wrap around.
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Tundrarider wrote:Nice boots, Ray! Congratulations! \:D/

Those are a nice color. They will darken even more with some use, Pecards and sunlight. :H: Here's a pic from the original post of my well used 405's next to my new 403's. The color is almost identical.

Michael :TOH:
I thought the Pecards was just a lube with no color...But I've never used it. I do have some that Jeremy supplied with my whip. Do you just rub it in like shoe polish?
Do you have to do anything special to keep the stitching white?

Later that night:
Never mind. I found much more info in the Distressing section of the Forum where you answered these questions. I am tempted...
sneakertinker
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by sneakertinker »

Tundrarider wrote:
RayROnline wrote:I am tempted...
There's really no risk. Whether you use Pecards or Lexol it's a very natural process for leather to darken over time. I believe that sunlight does most the work, while the leather treament product simply replenishes what the sun takes away. Just my theory. ;)

Whips, belts, straps, boots...it's all the same. I don't believe any of them will darken further than you want by using this method. :H:

If you guys really want to darken your Indy's then use the Pecards...Then go over them with a blow dryer on low heat until all of the cream is absorbed into the leather...It makes them nice a supple and really does the trick as far as making them a nice deep brown...
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yep, I've been advising the use of that technique since 2002:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1978&p=20484&hilit= ... yer#p20484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;)

Regard! Michaelson
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Tundrarider wrote:Hi Guys and Gals! :D

Here’s a review of my new Alden Indy Boots (403’s)

MY 403's straight out of the box!!! :o

History of my 405's: A few years ago, I bought my first Alden Boots (405’s) and following the advice of the gentleman at the store, I ordered them a half size smaller than I normally wear. They have always felt a bit tight and after a full day wearing them, my feet are always happy to be set free. :cry: So, though I was very pleased with the 405's and the nice patina they had achieved, I needed a bigger boot. :)

You can see how different the original “pumpkin color of my 405’s look compared to the 403 on the left.

403 on the left; 405 in the middle

I had worked my boots in and darkened them considerably in the attempt to match the Chromexcel leather seen in the J Crew Indy Boot and the new 403’s. I used Pecards, olive oil and sunshine to get these results. You can see in the comparison photos that the color turned out very close.

My old 405's on the left; new 403's on the right

I almost bought the J Crew version but eventually, the desire for the true Indy style won me over to the 403’s. :H:

Alden customer service: Simply outstanding!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: When I originally received my 405’s a few years ago, there was (what I considered to be) a slight defect in the in the sole stitching. I asked to exchange them and Jim Smith was very gracious about it. Even though he assured me the boot was just fine as is, he sent out another pair immediately! :shock: Usually a company wants to get the returned merchandise back to them prior to shipping out a replacement.

Well, when my 403’s arrived the other day, there was a “hiccup” in the stitching on the sole. Functionally, they were probably fine, but it was very evident to me as it was on the toe of both boots. I asked Jim for an exchange to which he cheerfully agreed; only they would be shipped from Washington, D.C. Unfortunately, there was a mix-up and I received a pair of loafers. As soon as Jim found out, he dispatched another pair to me. The new pair was absolutely perfect.

Jim and his customer service team are incredible and I look forward to dropping into the store someday and meeting them. :H:

Sizing: So far, the 403’s in my actual size feel great. Certainly roomier and I can even wiggle my toes a bit. One thing I noticed in many of the shots of Indy’s boots is the lacing; his boots are often laced to the point where the edges along the eyelets are almost touching. My smaller size 10.5’s didn’t do this but the larger size 11’s already mimic this look very well.

Notice how tightly they are laced.

Differences between the 405’s and 403’s:

405: Upper - Heavy, full grain brown waxhide leather.
Lining - Heavy, 100% cotton duck with leather facings at eyestays, back, and top.

403: Upper - Brown Aniline Chromexcel leather
Lining - full glove leather linings in place of the original version's 100% cotton duck lining.

Lower boot: 403......Upper boot: 405

The only differences seem to be the lining used and leather used for the upper. I’m not sure that this is enough of a difference to justify a new pair of boots, but since I needed a larger pair, for me it was a necessity. :P

If you have a pair of 405’s and you are wishing for the Chromexcel finish of the 403’s you can get your 405’s to look like the 403’s using the ingredients listed above.

Highwater shot to show off the boots! :P

Thanks for looking! :D Time to go wear these bad boys in!!!! :whip:

I now think it is the olive oil that must be the magic ingredient. In a Pecard info post from LOCO "...The Leather Lotion is a water based product (unlike the dressing and oil). This means that the carrying agent is water so it will evaporate quickly and will leave the protectant (a polymer) behind to coat the leather fibers. This is a great product for new leathers that are coated with a thin polymer coating (most new care interiors and home furniture have this for stain protection). On un-coated leathers (like most of your jackets and boots) this product will provide good protection and won't darken the leather any."

So I decided to put it to the test on my 2 month old 405's...one shoe has had Pecard + Hair dryer (very close & very hot for about 20 to 30 min. each time)the other shoe = no treatment.
Pic 1 is with 1 coat. Pic 2 is several days later with 6 coats. Do you see any difference in color?

4 days later: coat 6 (the lighting is different, but you can see the shoe color is not).

For the record this is Pecard Leather Care Lotion purchased from TODDS

I would LOVE that color in Michael's last photo, but I won't get it like this. I think either I am using a different Pecard product or I'll have to brave trying olive oil.
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Tundrarider wrote:Ray,

Invest in a tub of this:

$24.00 plus $9.00 shipping and it will last you years. Great for all your leather products, though I like Lexol better for lamb and goat jackets.

http://www.davidmorgan.com/product_info ... ucts_id=29

Slather it on the boots generously and place them out in the sun. Leave them out there until dry. Repeat until you achieve the look you want.

Oil will certainly darken leather, as the oil remains in the leather. I'm not a fan of using oil in my clothing items, so I use all water base products.

In my opinion, it is the sunlight that darkens the leather; the Pecard's just "put's back in" what the sun takes out.

You talked me in to it. Just put in the order. I'll let you know (eventually) what happens. Thanks!
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

"...What I mean is, it's more like the sun "cooks" the leather due to it being saturated with the Leather Product. The result of this cooking process is darkened leather".

Michael :TOH:[/quote]

That's exactly what I was thinking. I was trying to "cook" the Pecard lotion with the hair dryer. I'm looking forward to doing it your way with this Leather Dressing version + sunlight.
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

RayROnline wrote:
Tundrarider wrote:Ray,

Invest in a tub of this:

$24.00 plus $9.00 shipping and it will last you years. Great for all your leather products, though I like Lexol better for lamb and goat jackets.

http://www.davidmorgan.com/product_info ... ucts_id=29

Slather it on the boots generously and place them out in the sun. Leave them out there until dry. Repeat until you achieve the look you want.

Oil will certainly darken leather, as the oil remains in the leather. I'm not a fan of using oil in my clothing items, so I use all water base products.

In my opinion, it is the sunlight that darkens the leather; the Pecard's just "put's back in" what the sun takes out.

You talked me in to it. Just put in the order. I'll let you know (eventually) what happens. Thanks!
I have now used this twice. I coated the shoes. Left them in the sun for 3 to 4 hours. Then took them in and used a hair dryer holding is about 1/2 to 1" away letting the shoes start to look wed as the Picards softened. Then I wiped them off. I see a very noticeable change even after 1 application. I think I will probably stop at 2.

The original shoes

Shoes after the procedure.

For your information, the top photo was taken in the same place on the same table with daylight through the window. The second picture was taken in the same place, but on a green cutting board and at night with overhead lighting "daylight brightness" bulbs (not soft light) and flash.

My conclusion is this method really does allow you to "naturally" darken the leather.
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Short and sweet..what size to choose when one lives in European Union and wears a size 44 to 45...PLEASE HELP! :notworthy: [-o< :-k :-k
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

MARQ wrote:Short and sweet..what size to choose when one lives in European Union and wears a size 44 to 45...PLEASE HELP! :notworthy: [-o< :-k :-k
Dude, Google it, lol
Indy Boots by Alden run 1/2 size larger than the size indicates. Meaning in US sizes if I take a 9 1/2 usually, I order the 9. if you wear a 10 get a 9 1/2. It's a feature of the Barrie last...a last is basically the standard form the shoe is built on.

You said you wear a 44 or 45. That seems to be either a 10 1/2 or 11 1/2. You better figure out which one is correct, that's a huge difference. If you can afford the international call, call Aldens and explain, they can guide you. Alternatively, I suggest a call to the dealer you plan to buy from. They should have someone who can make sure you get the correct fit.

Try this http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

I just Googled US to European shoe size. Hope that get's you going.
Last edited by RayROnline on Thu May 02, 2013 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Rightyoh! :tup: :TOH:
Basil
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Basil »

I'm looking to buy the Indy boots. Most likely I'll have to order them online. Anyone have a good website they can recommend to buy them online?
michael
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by michael »

I ordered my 405s from J. Crew, but sizing can be wacky. I ordered them a half size small as recommended, but I ended having to go to a store and exchange them for a pair that is 1.5 (!) sizes smaller than my usual US size 10. Fortunately here in NYC we've got plenty of J. Crew stores that receive stock, but even here sometimes the stores run dry for awhile.

If at all possible, try to find a pair to try on before you order. :TOH:
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

michael wrote:I ordered my 405s from J. Crew, but sizing can be wacky. I ordered them a half size small as recommended, but I ended having to go to a store and exchange them for a pair that is 1.5 (!) sizes smaller than my usual US size 10. Fortunately here in NYC we've got plenty of J. Crew stores that receive stock, but even here sometimes the stores run dry for awhile.

That is strange. I ordered my 9 instead of the usual 9 1/2 at a store. Perfect fit. Then I got an older pair on eBay with duck liner, size 9. Perfect fit. Then I ordered a J Crew pair of Shell Cordovan Cap Toe (on the same Barrie last as the Indy boot) in 9. Perfect fit. Or perhaps the size 10 you used as standard was not right.

I have actually fit well in shoes marked 9 1/2 (what I call "my size"), 8 1/2, 9, and 10 depending on the maker. You're lucky to have a store near you. I have just 1 Alder dealer in the vicinity.
Basil
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Basil »

I'll check out j crew. We had one just open here in Toronto. I'll check it out when they bring in their winter stuff.
michael
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by michael »

RayROnline wrote:
michael wrote:I ordered my 405s from J. Crew, but sizing can be wacky. I ordered them a half size small as recommended, but I ended having to go to a store and exchange them for a pair that is 1.5 (!) sizes smaller than my usual US size 10. Fortunately here in NYC we've got plenty of J. Crew stores that receive stock, but even here sometimes the stores run dry for awhile.

That is strange. I ordered my 9 instead of the usual 9 1/2 at a store. Perfect fit. Then I got an older pair on eBay with duck liner, size 9. Perfect fit. Then I ordered a J Crew pair of Shell Cordovan Cap Toe (on the same Barrie last as the Indy boot) in 9. Perfect fit. Or perhaps the size 10 you used as standard was not right.

I have actually fit well in shoes marked 9 1/2 (what I call "my size"), 8 1/2, 9, and 10 depending on the maker. You're lucky to have a store near you. I have just 1 Alder dealer in the vicinity.
Yeah, I'm honestly not sure what the issue was, but it all worked out in the end. These are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. It's practically like wearing a slipper. The only (exceedingly minor) annoyance is that the tongue on the right boot always slips all the way to the left, which brings out any obsessive compulsive tendencies that may be lurking under the surface. :CR:
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

michael wrote:
RayROnline wrote:

Yeah, I'm honestly not sure what the issue was, but it all worked out in the end. These are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. It's practically like wearing a slipper. The only (exceedingly minor) annoyance is that the tongue on the right boot always slips all the way to the left, which brings out any obsessive compulsive tendencies that may be lurking under the surface. :CR:
Wow, I just noticed my Alden misspell, lol Yeah, That tongue thing has been mentioned a lot in this and other threads. Mine do it, too. Except for the Shell Cordovan. No idea why. I really don't notice it until I look at it.

I couldn't believe how good these boots feel, like you said. And I've even gotten pretty fast at lacing them. So are you lacing all the way up or skipping a few hooks? I find lacing all the way leaves me almost no lace to tie, so I'll leave 1 or 2 hooks off and do the wrap around tie.
michael
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by michael »

I lace all the way up, every hook, and have plenty left over for a double knot. But perhaps I've just got skinny ankles?
rnbuda
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by rnbuda »

So the 403s are darker brown than the 405s which almost look pumpkin?
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

rnbuda wrote:So the 403s are darker brown than the 405s which almost look pumpkin?
I've heard some describe their 405's that way. The ones I ordered last winter were a deeper color than what I consider "pumpkin" but I guess that is subjective. Mine were close to this:

http://atamanobsession.wordpress.com/ta ... rousel-118

Much deeper than they appear here:

http://mistercrew.com/files/2009/09/new ... models.jpg
rnbuda
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by rnbuda »

Awesome! Any good online retailers you can point me to? The Alden Shop good?

Thanks!
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

rnbuda wrote:Awesome! Any good online retailers you can point me to? The Alden Shop good?

Thanks!
I think all on-line dealers will be good. I have used a few and they all have a great reputation. I advise you to web search for the best price. I have had great luck on eBay as well, saving me a ton of money. Always check the sellers Feedback rating and comments first.

And remember, these shoes run 1/2 larger than usual. So if you take a size 10, purchase a size 9 1/2 (US sizes) and it will be perfect.
rnbuda
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by rnbuda »

Thanks!

I used to have a pair of Alden's but they were lost in college! They fit very well to my original size which is a 7!
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

rnbuda wrote:Thanks!

I used to have a pair of Alden's but they were lost in college! They fit very well to my original size which is a 7!
Aldens, like all fine shoes, are built on different Lasts. The last is basically the form for the bottom of the shoe. The Indy and a few other Alden styles are built on the Barrie Last, which runs 1/2 size larger as I indicated. I don't know what type of Aldens you had before, but they may have been on another style Last. That would explain the difference.

You may want to do what I did before buying my first pair...call Aldens and ask who is your closest local distributor. Hopefully there is someone nearby (J Crew or a Fine Mens clothing store) where you can try some on. My local store was about 20 min. drive and did not carry Indy Boots, but they did have another shoe with the Barrie Last. The sales person explained to me what I am sharing with you. I usually take 9 1/2 and got a 9 which fits perfectly.

If you are talking about having Aldens Indy Boots and they fit true to size, that is hard to explain. :-k
rnbuda
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by rnbuda »

I had a pair of 405s, which were very pumpkinish, that I bought from Schimdy here on the board. I'm going to order a 7 and if I have to return them for a 6.5 I will.
michael
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by michael »

Tundrarider wrote:
rnbuda wrote:So the 403s are darker brown than the 405s which almost look pumpkin?
Short answer is "yes." But a picture is even more to the point. See the second picture in the first post of this thread. ;)

That post also details other differences as well.

Indeed. The only 405s I've seen that are consistently dark enough for my taste (i.e. truly brown) are the J. Crew 405s. YMMV of course. :TOH:
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

The jcrew 405's are essentially the 403s. They both use the same leather (Horween Chromexcel). The jcrew 405's just have a few different details in the stitching on the boot, and the stained welt.
rnbuda
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by rnbuda »

My 403s will be here Thursday! I also bought a new navy suit too!
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

I happen to think that the recent leather type/colour used on the 405's is different from what it was a while back..Mine (bought a year or so back) aren't close to "pumpkin", and look very different from the ones I commonly see shown as older styled 405's......Mine are far closer to the 403 in colour, and while that might just be a random exception, I've seen several recent offerings that fit the same colour....

So I'd assumed that the modern 405's were being released in a more (403 style) deep brown colouring..Not the pumpkin colour.....

I guess it depends on the ones you find and the year they were made.....

;)
TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

They haven't been pumpkin since the 80's and a few batches in the 90's. There was just a pumpkin coloured pair on ebay a week or so ago from the 80s.
rnbuda
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by rnbuda »

My 403s arrive tomorrow! I called Brenda to confirm that have the 1/2 size smaller than I ordered in stock incase these are too big. I'd be surprised if they didnt fit as well as my old and lost 405s.
rnbuda
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by rnbuda »

rnbuda wrote:My 403s arrive tomorrow! I called Brenda to confirm that have the 1/2 size smaller than I ordered in stock incase these are too big. I'd be surprised if they didnt fit as well as my old and lost 405s.

My 403s did arrive, the color is beautiful, but the size was off. Got off the phone and the 6.5s arrive tomorrow... ](*,)
Paladin3
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Paladin3 »

Awesome. I am watching this with interest for the day when I can buy my own.
rnbuda
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by rnbuda »

Paladin3 wrote:Awesome. I am watching this with interest for the day when I can buy my own.
The Alden Shop in San Fran has been awesome! I can't wait for tomorrow!
Basil
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Basil »

Big news! Local store has some Indy boots! Now to see if I can swoop in and get a pair. If only it wasn't a holiday tomorrow, now to wait patiently until Tuesday morning!
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Just FYI for anyone with their eye on these - Alden 403s for $468 with free shipping. The best online price I've seen yet. :BD:

http://www.northriveroutfitter.com/alde ... 7AodK3MAXw

I just ordered some 405s because they appear to be a darker brown than past versions. I figured if they can be darkened (if even needed) as Michael mentioned, I'd rather have the heavier work boot leather.
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

I´d love a pair of 405´s or 404´s! According to certain source, my Alden size is 10.5..he also wears 44 EU shoes.Now only thing to do is to try to find Alden´s that are third the price... ;) :D =P~ ](*,) :tup: :tup: :-s [-o<
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

MARQ wrote:I´d love a pair of 405´s or 404´s! According to certain source, my Alden size is 10.5..he also wears 44 EU shoes.Now only thing to do is to try to find Alden´s that are third the price... ;) :D =P~ ](*,) :tup: :tup: :-s [-o<
I've squandered my money on 3 new pair of various Aldens, not including my favorite ones...
My Favorites are an older pair of 405's with the duck lining. They're well worn but not tatty. They feel great. And best of all, I got them for about $125 US. My advice: set up a search on eBay which will feed you emails when new postings go up. That's how I got mine.

(do a search for Aldens, then click Save Search. It will give you the email option)

BTW, I wore the old 405's outside all day in the rain and mud of a forest trek, and my feet never got wet. My friends with their Hiking Boots weren't so lucky =)
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Never got wet,eh! Good to know,very useful indeed..thanks for the input,haven´t seen that mentioned anywhere. :tup: :tup:
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Michael,

Any 'natur-ficial' distressing updates for your 403s? :)