Want to dye my Alden's

Discuss technique for prolonging the life of your gear or giving it that aged look

Moderator: Dalexs

RaiderKid
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Want to dye my Alden's

Post by RaiderKid »

Originally posted in the general gear section. Fits this section better.

I have had the Indy boot from Alden for nearly 10 years. They are the lighter brown almost pumpkin color. I want to dye them to more closely match the boots from the films. Any thoughts on dye color? Has anyone done this with success that is willing to share the process? Thanks.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: Want to dye my Alden's

Post by Michaelson »

Go to the search function and type in 'dye Aldens' and do some research. This has been discussed quite a bit.

Here's one example for you to read through.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53871&p=777610&hili ... ns#p777610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regard! Michaelson
RaiderKid
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by RaiderKid »

Thank you Michaelson. I did a search last night and it didn't pop what I was looking for. I should have kept at it and asked better questions.

Thanks
RaiderKid
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yep.....just chip away at it with different ways of phrasing a question and you'll be amazed what you'll find buried around here. :TOH:

Regard! Michaelson
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

Whatever you do don't use Melitonian shoe spray dye. It's not much more than spray paint. I ended up stripping mine.