Bill Kelso's Relic Hunter

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Hobbstc
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: Bill Kelso's Relic Hunter

Post by Hobbstc »

Unfortunately I've been out of work for three months since getting off active duty (I'm guard) so I just sold it last week. Gotta eat! It's just a jacket and I can always buy another one later. Family first.
CRB
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by CRB »

I've just taken delivery of my second Relic Hunter. I still can't stress how fantastic these jackets are. My first one is now for sale in the Bazaar if anyone's interested ...
IndyOriginal
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyOriginal »

Any word on the Relic Hunter LC yet? Anxiously waiting.
Kubrik
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kubrik »

Got my Relic Hunter a few days ago, great jacket! :o

It's a different beast than what I'm used to, very slick. The leather is soft, thin and dark lambskin. The collar is higher, armholes smaller... all round slimmer than the Todd and Legend that I have. The collar just hangs at the top of the shoulders, kinda like that image of Indy when he first appears at the waterfalls. Looks like I'm gonna have to lose some weight, not pot belly friendly, if you know what I mean. :[

The way it hangs off the shoulders takes some getting used to, I've been wearing it around and it's starting to take shape but at first it was weird. It's that oddness that's been mentioned around here, unlike the "real world" jackets that are more standard fitting. I guess with more wear it will mold to my body.

Took some pics for the fellow club members. The bottom image is closer to the actual color :TOH:

CRB
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by CRB »

They really are awesome jackets and yours looks perfect. The natural successor to TNO.
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Kubrik wrote:Got my Relic Hunter a few days ago, great jacket! :o

It's a different beast than what I'm used to, very slick. The leather is soft, thin and dark lambskin. The collar is higher, armholes smaller... all round slimmer than the Todd and Legend that I have. The collar just hangs at the top of the shoulders, kinda like that image of Indy when he first appears at the waterfalls. Looks like I'm gonna have to lose some weight, not pot belly friendly, if you know what I mean. :[

The way it hangs off the shoulders takes some getting used to, I've been wearing it around and it's starting to take shape but at first it was weird. It's that oddness that's been mentioned around here, unlike the "real world" jackets that are more standard fitting. I guess with more wear it will mold to my body.

Took some pics for the fellow club members. The bottom image is closer to the actual color :TOH:

I like it! That first pic looks "Elvis-esque" ;) Which leather is that?...hard to tell on my computer. I didn't realize the BK came with thinner sleeves and I ordered mine with the same diameter as TODDS. Otherwise I used their measurements minus 1" at the cuffs. I like your collar, too. Thanks for sharing the pics!
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Texan Scott wrote:Here is a shot my Hero collar...

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp13 ... ddefe5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks perfect. Please tell me what exactly makes a "Hero" collar a Hero collar? Explain as to a child :?
Kubrik
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Bill Kelso's Relic Hunter

Post by Kubrik »

The leather is the grainy lamb. Very smooth.
jkeene71
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by jkeene71 »

Kubrik- Thanks for posting the pics. It looks great! Can't wait to get mine now!
Really like the color :D
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Here is a good shot of the Hero collar, ala Raven Bar, Well of Souls, Flying Wing, exit from the WoS:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm892517120/tt0082971" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of us have studied it some, (much more thought than it probably needed) and it is generally perceived that the jacket used in Hawaii (South America 1936) the opening sequence is a different jacket from the one that was used for filming at Elstree Studios and Tunisia. As you know, Ray, a film is usually shot out of sequence, and the Hovitos Temple, opening sequence was filmed last, in terms of the outdoor, location shots. If you have blue ray or a good dvd, or you can even go to this IMB.com site referenced above, and look at the stills. One of the identifying features of the main Hero jacket are the striations on the upper right panel. They are visible in the idol grab sequence, Raven Bar as Marion grabs his collar, Flying Wing, WoS exit, and impromptu conference between Indy-Marion and Sallah..."just make it up as I go" dialog. It was apparently used in the truck sequence, complete with blood and bullet hole, so they obviously could not use the same jacket for the SA 1936 sequence, unless someone did quite a bit of clean-up work to it, so as mentioned, it is generally thought that for the opening sequence, they used a different jacket. The collar is very distinctive on the main Hero , as opposed to the one used in the opening, here is a good shot of the other: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm556972800/tt0082971" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So what are the differences, and why does it matter? Basic differences are that the main Hero jacket's collar is (perceived as being...) somewhat shorter and the points are rounded, as in the still above. While the opening sequence-SA 1936-Hawaii jacket's collar is generally perceived as being wider and the points, well...pointed. Opening sequence's collar lays flat, and the collar is distinctively wrinkly.

All of this wisdom and insight and $5 will get you a cup of Starbucks these days. ;)

Much to do about nothing, I'm afraid, except for the fact that some have undertaken to know the jacket and its essenticities over the years, as some would be concerned about a hanging chad on a carded figure or the condition of the plastic bubble, distinctive runs of certain stamp collections, where a particular limited edition coin was minted, or the model numbers of certain RC aircraft, for instance. Basically hobbyists tend to drill down into what interests them. fyi.

As an aside, when I had about a year on me in here, maybe two, another member and friend came forward with the information that while working at his museum, he received a telephone call from Ford, who was researching a role in what became known as "Saving Private Ryan" and asked our friend (Alphared6) the curator, if he could provide him with information and books about that infantry unit. As they began to discuss Ford's jacket in Raiders, Ford apparently mentioned that the jacket he wore in the Hovitos chase was apparently cotton, because a leather jacket would not hold fuller's earth the way in which a cotton jacket would. This has led to speculation that perhaps this cotton jacket that Ford was referring to could have been the original, Western Costumes mock-up, though difficult to prove some 30 years out....
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

[quote="Texan Scott"]Here is a good shot of the Hero collar,...So what are the differences, and why does it matter? Basic differences are that the main Hero jacket's collar is (perceived as being...) somewhat shorter and the points are rounded, as in the still above. While the opening sequence-SA 1936-Hawaii jacket's collar is generally perceived as being wider and the points, well...pointed. Opening sequence's collar lays flat, and the collar is distinctively wrinkly.

Texan Scott, you really know your stuff and share it well! You really should write a book. Seriously. That's a great, colorful, and informative answer :TOH:

Which one would you say this comes closest to. In your opinion...

Another shot. Interesting thing here. These pics were just taken indoors in the same spot, with the same coat, camera, and light. One used the camera side of an android, and the other used the reverse camera side. Look at the difference in color!

It looks kind of in-between IMO. Kind of wide like the "other" but standing up more like the Hero. FYI, This is my striated lamb BK.
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

OK, no love on that collar question, lol

Here's a question I hope Someone will answer. I have noticed that my back panel seems to like to stay open on the sides near the top where it meets the seam. Any thoughts on how to train this to mostly stay closed when I'm just casually wearing it?

Also, I just got some fullers earth (from India on eBay) and put it sparingly on my BK out of curiosity. I love it! It took the shine off without any natural or "un-natural" aging. I sprinkled lightly from my finger tips and then used a wonderful tool I found. It's called "dusting brush". It's like a foxttail that's 10" long, nice wooden handle and only about 1/2" wide. It is made for dusting eraser dust off art work, so its just soft enough not to scratch yet firm enough to spread the dust. Pretty cheap, too. I got it for an experiment while I was in an art supply store. It works great on my AB hat as well. So I thought I would share this find :)
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Your collar reminds me alot of the Hawaii jacket, the way it tends to lay flat. If the action pleats are flaring open or staying open it could be because the straps are sinched too tightly, or that the jacket 'could be' too tight in general, depending on how you like the fit. My guess would be to try the straps first. The only maker that has found a solution to this issue is G&B. They added three, 1" elastic strips or pieces that are attached horizontally from one side of the action pleat to the other, inside the back panel, and between the leather and liner. G&B is also the only maker that configure the liner to be a mirror image of the internal construction, pleats etc. It is one of those jackets that you tend to gain an appreciation for and hold on to, as time moves on.
IndyFan71
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyFan71 »

With regards to the black buckles on this jacket, I'm confused. Years of reading this site had me under the belief that the RoTLA jacket had two rectangular buckles on the straps, yet I've not seen one mention of the single black buckle not being screen accurate. Which of the two styles is the RoTLA screen-accurate style?

Thanks!

Indyfan71
IndyFan71
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyFan71 »

With regards to the black buckles on this jacket, I'm confused. Years of reading this site had me under the belief that the RoTLA jacket had two rectangular buckles on the straps, yet I've not seen one mention of the single black buckle not being screen accurate. Which of the two styles is the RoTLA screen-accurate style?

Thanks!

Indyfan71
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

According to the main page, I believe D rings were used first, but due to the fact that the thin lambskin straps kept pulling out, they went to loops or sliders.
IndyFan71
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyFan71 »

Which main page are you refering to; the first page of this post or the BK website? Thanks!
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

http://indygear.com/igjacket-RotLA.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

Very recent pics of a jacket that is very used and loved but still treated roughly...
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 3028-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 2605-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 111638.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 111252.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 110920.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I love the way the shirt collar still peeks over....just like the movie....Sorry, guys, for the redundant photos but this jacket is really crazy cool! Just wanted to show how it is breakin in...Who am I kidding...I just love this thing! :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by Gorak on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Gorak wrote:Very recent pics of a jacket is very used and loved but still treated roughly...
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 3028-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 2605-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You know, I LOVE that color. The jacket looks great! :clap:
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

Thanks Ray....that is a major joy of the Relic Hunter leather. I took these pics cuz i saw the recent puctures posted and the jacket really had a reddish tone. Just like mine but then it can chameleon into all shades seen on film.
whiskyman
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by whiskyman »

Try as I might, I can't really see what everyone's so enthusiastic about. :-k
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

I just don't like it at all, Gorak-ak. =; Looks too much like Indian Bones. ;)

Gorak, I must say it looks black in these photos, like the movie.

...what next? The shredded Barranca jacket? :-k
Baldwyn
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Baldwyn »

whiskyman wrote:Try as I might, I can't really see what everyone's so enthusiastic about. :-k
I kinda know what you mean. I mean the jacket looks sorta Wested/Nowak/G&B/Todd's... somehow familiar, but so very slightly different from each, what's the big deal.

Which is why I had to buy Ray's old one to find out. And basically wore it for only a minute before it went to someone else (because of sizing issues). BUT I CANNOT TAKE MY EYES OFF OF IT WHEN I SEE IT (it's a good thing it went to a local Gearhead, and I mean like 1.5 miles down the road). I personally believe it is the best replica jacket I've ever seen.
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

Like with all our gear, it always boils down to the individual so, FOR ME, this jacket encompesses everything i have experienced in my journey thu the jacket quest...
The lightweightness of Todd's
The accurate pattern of the Nowak
The cool leathers of Wested
The comfort fit of Wings
And the durability of Flightsuits.
I like to live passionately and in the moment and all those qualities rolled into one and ready right out of the box just has me as giddy as a schoolgirl.
\:D/
mtrixman
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by mtrixman »

I'm considering buying a Kelso jacket since it seems to be the most screen accurate to Raiders accordingly to a lot of members here

I was wondering if anyone knew if the grainy lambskin or the striated lambskin was the one used in the movie. The color seems better on the striated but I'm wondering more from a texture perspective

This SA quest is driving me mad :TOH:
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Post by Indiego Jones »

mtrixman wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew if the grainy lambskin or the striated lambskin was the one used in the movie. The color seems better on the striated but I'm wondering more from a texture perspective
The striated was the Main Hero. The original jacket examined by Nowak hasn't striations. But that was the Hawaii jacket.
So, if you persuit SA, take the Main Hero (Cairo style) in striated lamb, OR the Hawaii style in grainy lamb.
mtrixman wrote:This SA quest is driving me mad :TOH:
Welcome to the club. :lol:
mtrixman
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by mtrixman »

Thanks for the clarification! I read that the Bill Kelso actually used the Tony Nowak jacket (Hawaii) to make the Relic Hunter. I'm guessing Grainy will be the most accurate overall?

As you can see I'm trying to convince myself to go with grainy cause it's cheaper :rolling:

Indiego Jones wrote:
mtrixman wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew if the grainy lambskin or the striated lambskin was the one used in the movie. The color seems better on the striated but I'm wondering more from a texture perspective
The striated was the Main Hero. The original jacket examined by Nowak hasn't striations. But that was the Hawaii jacket.
So, if you persuit SA, take the Main Hero (Cairo style) in striated lamb, OR the Hawaii style in grainy lamb.
mtrixman wrote:This SA quest is driving me mad :TOH:
Welcome to the club. :lol:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

This may be the only time in the history of man that anyone has purposely attempted to make a wonky, ill fitting jacket. :P
Pyrodigital
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Pyrodigital »

These jackets look absolutely gorgeous! From what I've been reading I think one of these will be it when I can afford a proper Indy jacket. I was thinking of either goat or premium horse as I want something durable. This will be a real-world type of jacket for me. Victory horse is, sadly a bit outside my price range for now.

Anybody have either a goat or horse Relic Hunter? And how does the fit compare w/ other manufacturers like G/B? I know the basics of the jacket fit (hanging off the shoulders when unzipped, etc), but not everything as I'm just getting into the jacket side of things. ;)
Kubrik
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kubrik »

Pyrodigital wrote: Anybody have either a goat or horse Relic Hunter? And how does the fit compare w/ other manufacturers like G/B? I know the basics of the jacket fit (hanging off the shoulders when unzipped, etc), but not everything as I'm just getting into the jacket side of things. ;)
I've had the wested, todd, wings, but never had a GB, and compared to the RH grainy lamb as far as the fit goes, I would recommend to go for a size bigger than the usual. I am a size 46 but the size 48 Relic Hunter is dead on for me. I think the Raiders jacket is supposed to be baggy and drape straight down in the front unzipped, and off the shoulders like you said. I notice many members here like it small and tight, like the street fashions, but it's not.

The shoulders should be round, not pointy and the sleeves should go to your knuckles, with your arm straight down, not the wrists.
Also, the side straps should be tightened up to make it fit. If the jacket fits you without the straps pulled in at all then I think its too small.

These images shows what I mean. :H:

http://www.theraider.net/showimage.php? ... ns/r82.jpg
http://www.theraider.net/showimage.php? ... ts/047.jpg
Kubrik
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kubrik »

Also, the Raiders jacket is way roomier than an A2 jacket. I watched "Red Tails" the other day and the A2's are very slim fitting I find compared.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

Exactly! The raiders was a roomy but short jacket.
Pyrodigital
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Pyrodigital »

I guess this would depend on how high you wear your pants, but I take it the waistband is still covered normally, right? I have a duck cotton jacket I still use for fireworks that only goes down to the waist & I find myself wishing for an extra inch or 2 of material on cold days. Plus, for hand-fired shows (just what it sounds like--the shell is fired right next to you as you duck away from the tube), it's harder to keep sparks from traveling where the sun don't shine! :lol:

Not that I'd ever use this for fireworks, but in general, I hope it could go slightly below the waist w/o ruining the look of the jacket.
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Post by Indiego Jones »

Tundrarider wrote:
Indiego Jones wrote:The striated was the Main Hero.
I don't mean to stir anything up here, but I didn't know that this had been confirmed as fact. Could you please provide your reference for this information?

Thanks! :D

Michael :TOH:
If you want any official statement by the original manufacturer of the jacket, I have not. :|
Only the observation of the movie, screencaps (low, mid and HQ images), and all the information that is present on this forum in many previous threads. :D
Regards.-
afalzon
Vendor

Post by afalzon »

In fact ALL the jackets used in the film were striated. Some more and some less, but all had striations.
The original manufacturer has stated what kind of leather he used to make the jackets
and that leather comes with striations.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

afalzon wrote:In fact ALL the jackets used in the film were striated. Some more and some less, but all had striations.
The original manufacturer has stated what kind of leather he used to make the jackets
and that leather comes with striations.
I have to disagree with you there. I also have spoken to the 'original' manufacturers and people who have handled real screen used jackets worn by Ford or Vic and Terry. I have spoken to them too many times to believe this is a fact. The raiders was made in striated or ''ribby'' lambskin. Some stunt jackets were plain lambskin and cowhide.

The temple of doom was lambskin. Plain old boring smooth lambskin. Well at least the film used ones. dunno about the ones that weren't used. The LC jacket was also lambskin. But a very thick tanned lambskin but again plain/smooth. No ''striations'' in the hide. Grainy parts could be misstaken as striations from a distance but they are really not. It's just a part of the skin being broken down. Striations on the other hand are ''ribbmarks'' in the skin from the getgo, which non of the other original screen jackets besides Raiders have. Unless hands down solid proof is offered, These are the facts I believe. Others may believe something else, which of course I have to respect. :TOH:

Allthough, I would be very interested in knowing who 'the maker' is you are talking about.
afalzon
Vendor

Post by afalzon »

Why you disagree? We say the exact same thing.
The raiders was made in striated or ''ribby'' lambskin.
The main hero jacket has striations. They are visible in the photos.
The jacket that was copied by Tony Nowak also had striations, it's in his descriptions, he tried to imitate it by offering hides with excessive grain. These two jackets have the most screen time.
The jacket Ford wears in France with the low yoke appears to be plain lamb. I could say the same about the jacket worn by Terry Leonard (if it's not the same one).
Last edited by afalzon on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I thought you ment ALL film jackets. As in temple of doom and Last crusade jackets also had some striations in them. I read your post to quick and noticed now there wasn't any ''s'' in the word ''film''

My bad :TOH:
afalzon
Vendor

Post by afalzon »

no worries
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

afalzon wrote:Why you disagree? We say the exact same thing.
The jacket that was copied by Tony Nowak also had striations, it's in his descriptions, he tried to imitate it by offering hides with excessive grain. These two jackets have the most screen time.
The jacket Ford wears in France with the low yoke appears to be plain lamb. I could say the same about the jacket worn by Terry Leonard (if it's not the same one).
So, this is all based on personal observation and not from documented proof from said manufacturer of the original Raiders film jackets? Ok, that makes sense now. Thanks. :TOH:

Like Tundra, 'we' were hoping you had somehow discovered the 'smoking gun' that showed exactly what leather was purchased from what tannery for the original jackets. Ah well.... :|

Regards! M
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

Michaelson wrote:
afalzon wrote:Why you disagree? We say the exact same thing.
So, this is all based on personal observation and not from documented proof from said manufacturer of the original Raiders film jackets? Ok, that makes sense now. Thanks. :TOH:

Like Tundra, 'we' were hoping you had somehow discovered the 'smoking gun' that showed exactly what leather was purchased from what tannery for the original jackets. Ah well.... :|

Regards! M
Since when has anyone here been big on providing actual 'proof'?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Everyone has always striven for 'absolute truth' as far as I'm aware. It's always 'just out of reach' most days. :lol:

If that weren't the case, we'd have been perfectly happy with the jackets that were available through JCPenney's back in the 80's and been done with it, as nobody would even care about the strations on the leather as being correct or not....let alone zip types, facings or where a yoke was located on the back of the jacket. ;)

In this case, it is based on observation rather than actual documentation that was supplied by Wested, which to date no one has ever seen as, according to Peter, it no longer exists. That's what I was HOPING had been found, as for those who collect information, it would have been a real coup if that had been located after all these years.

I was hoping.... [-o<

Regards! M
afalzon
Vendor

Post by afalzon »

So, this is all based on personal observation and not from documented proof from said manufacturer of the original Raiders film jackets?
the info came from the original manufacturer and was verified by the photos/film
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Interesting! Peter Botwright confirmed this? :shock:

If you subscribe to the original hero being a Cooper made jacket, this was confirmed by David Hack? :-k

Inquiring minds want to know, as they used to say in advertising many years ago. :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
afalzon
Vendor

Post by afalzon »

The info is from Peter Botwright.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Amazing news! Thanks! :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Tibor »

I'm reasonably well convinced, after these 30 years, that the merino sheep is spot on. It's very difficult to reproduce the combination of a light jacket that drapes and flows with the appearance of a thicker hide when the sleeves are rumpled. I've already seen quite a variation in the amount of striations in Merino sheep hides - some are hardly noticeable. I do think some jackets in Raiders were very grainy, and some were relatively smooth, but I'm pretty sure all were merino sheep.

I don't have any evidence. But for the first time we have jackets being made by manufacturers (Kelso, Steele & Jones, and Todds) that move right, hang right, look substantial, etc. They wrinkle correctly and the cut has been captured. Hat's off to these guys. I started into the hobby for the jacket, really, and I'm entirely happy with the current offerings. Brilliant work.
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Tibor wrote:I'm reasonably well convinced, after these 30 years, that the merino sheep is spot on. It's very difficult to reproduce the combination of a light jacket that drapes and flows with the appearance of a thicker hide when the sleeves are rumpled. I've already seen quite a variation in the amount of striations in Merino sheep hides - some are hardly noticeable. I do think some jackets in Raiders were very grainy, and some were relatively smooth, but I'm pretty sure all were merino sheep.

I don't have any evidence. But for the first time we have jackets being made by manufacturers (Kelso, Steele & Jones, and Todds) that move right, hang right, look substantial, etc. They wrinkle correctly and the cut has been captured. Hat's off to these guys. I started into the hobby for the jacket, really, and I'm entirely happy with the current offerings. Brilliant work.
Well said :tup:
Bdgsi11
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bdgsi11 »

Does anyone recall how long it took for them to receive their jacket?