Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

rick5150
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

The FILMJACKETS.COM / TONY NOWAK CONNECTION

Post by rick5150 »

In short, there is not one.

I try to keep a low profile (business-wise) here - as this is where I come to play - but I want to clear up misconceptions and rumors (not from this site). This is reprint of a post from FILMJACKETS.COM:
FILMJACKETS.COM wrote:We were recently alerted to the fact that the Tony Nowak Original site (http://www.tonynowak.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) redirects people to FILMJACKETS.COM. We really appreciate the direct contact from the person who informed us about this.

We have notified Tony Nowak Original of this situation and we are investigating how/why this is occurring, as we did not authorize this. I have called Riley Barrie using his private cell number and via several e-mail addresses. To date, there has been no response.

I have redirected the links on our Tony Nowak Original vendor link to http://www.tonynowak.com/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but that brings you to a Tony Nowak Original Coming Soon page that has a copyright 2012 notice. Since the last update of the TNO site was on June 26, 2012 it is possible that this redirect has been occurring for some time. It also does not address anyone trying to access the site from <em>outside</em> FILMJACKETS.COM of course.

If you have reached this site via the http://www.tonynowak.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; link and you have contact information for Riley Barrie or any other contacts associated with the Tony Nowak site, we urge you to contact them and let them know about this situation. The information below is the public information from the WHOIS listing.

<strong>Administrative Contact:</strong>
Nowak, Tony tonynowak@aol.com
Tony Nowak Original
114 Standard St.
El Segundo, CA 90245
United States
(310) 322-5565 phone
(310) 322-6191 fax

The message at the listed telephone number brings yields a voice mail greeting stating you have reached (310) 476-8699 which belongs to a company called Eurotech Construction.

Interestingly enough, I called the hosting site (hostgator) and they will not make any changes to the redirect even though it was indicated that <em>we do not wish for this redirect to exist</em> - at least until it has been investigated. I was told to get in touch with the administrative contact listed at WHOIS for that site and sort it out with them. Even after I told them that the contact on the site was deceased, they said that they cannot modify the account without permission.

In the meantime, we apologize for this inconvenience as we do not want the fine folks at Tony Nowak Original to lose business because of this.
Reading some of the other threads here, it is possible that Mr. Barrie (or whoever is in charge of TNO nowadays) intentionally did this as they are no longer manufacturing jackets for the general public. It will keep folks from pestering TNO, I guess. If that is the case, there is not an issue with this, but I need to ensure that it was done on purpose by someone at TNO with the authority to do so.

If anyone has any confirmed information about the direction TNO is taking, or can hook me up with Riley or someone else there, that would be great. I only need to know whether he is aware of this. I will update FILMJACKETS.COM as more information is received.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, we really appreciate it.