Black Jack Snakewhip

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Misa
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Black Jack Snakewhip

Post by Misa »

Hello to all, this is my first snake whip. What to say... 12 strands reducing to 11, 10, 9, 8 , 7 and finish with 6. Core is all made of plaited belies. First of 4, second, 6 and 4, after that 8,7,6,5,4, and final as i say with 12 strands. I decide to make core whit out shot bag, because i think this is more elegant solution, but that is only my opinion. Plaited length is 1,1 m, and this is final product

Right now i finishing second, white snake whip, soon i will post photos :whip:
Marhala
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Black Jack Snakewhip

Post by Marhala »

Hi Misa. How does it crack? I've always wondered how would a snakewhip with no lead shot bag would work. I've never made one, and only own two. They are heavy, clumsy but do the job.

Aldo.
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

That is one snazzy little number....looks lean and mean. I have three or four dufferent style and size snakewhip and though they require a little more effort and control, i really love them. There are not alot of How-To's out there regarding snakewhips so it is kinda a learn as you go business. But they are very accomidating and dynamic. This looks like a little firecracker....and, yeah, i too wonder how it handles without the weight balance.
Misa
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Misa »

Yes, whip it is little firecracker. There is no lead core but, butt knot is weighted whit lead, and it give him good balance. In the other hand, movement of arm should be little quicker. Sound of crack is very strong and surprising sharp. I decide to make tin snake whip just for one reason, to make him pliable and suitable for all most every type of pocket. For sure i l try to make few whit lead, or shot bag, just for compere... Butt knot is stiff and hard like a marble, and you can imagine for what can be used :-$