Desperate

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Desperate

Post by gabrielle »

I am desperate to receive my hat from Steve. I ordered May 21st 2008 and still no hat. I understand Steve is sick, but I'm getting sick over waiting for this hat and the money I spent! Anyone at all hear anything about these hats?
4505marcel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Desperate

Post by 4505marcel »

Wow 2008, man I would be upset [-X
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

I understand the frustration and as in the last we will leave this thread open for others to come in and give status or updates on Steve. We're not going to leave it open to bash the guy (hat pun not intended) so please only post if you have something to contribute that helps those involved.

The last thread on this subject unfortunately was erased with all of last months threads during the site update. We would rather keep this one open to help all those involved as long as it stays civil.

:TOH:
-The Dude
Ridgerunner58
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Between the Edge of Nowhere and the Edge of Somewhere.

Post by Ridgerunner58 »

I have a July 2012 order at the 6-8 week price that I am waiting for. I heard from Steve on November 29, 2012 that due to his supplier having made cutbacks as a result of the economic downturn he was experiencing delays getting felt bodies and had been waiting on an order for 3 months. He said they had promised shipment by the end of the following week (which would be last Friday).

I know that one member here was able to order in late October, I think and receive his hat within a couple of weeks, but I think that's an exception.

Earlier this year I received two from Steve that I had on order from (I think) 2008 and 2009, but on both I had finally decided to pay the additional amount necessary to get into the 6-8 week list. The one I had ordered back in '08 was so outstanding I couldn't resist ordering a back-up.

So, the bottom line is Steve is still working away - still putting out an outstanding product - but he is at the mercy of his supplier who in turn is at the mercy of the overall economy.

As much as it may irk you to do it, my best recommendation is to bite the bullet and consider paying the upcharge. E-mail him first to check on his supply of felt first, though.
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

Ridgerunner58 wrote: I had finally decided to pay the additional amount necessary to get into the 6-8 week list. The one I had ordered back in '08 was so outstanding I couldn't resist ordering a back-up.

How do you get on the list for 6-8 weeks? I will gladly pay the extra amount! And how did you get in touch with Steve?
tucolino
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tucolino »

gabrielle,thanks for opening this post.

i ordered mine in july 2008,and even at that time i know it was going to be a long wait,but not this long...

what i am not going to do is pay more after 4 years and a half of waiting,no way.

can´t wait for hearing any news,good or bad,about current status of the hats.
best regards
tony
Ridgerunner58
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Ridgerunner58 »

gabrielle wrote:How do you get on the list for 6-8 weeks? I will gladly pay the extra amount! And how did you get in touch with Steve?
You can reach Steve through his e-mail address on the Adventurebilt site.

Depending on what you originally paid, the additional amount is whatever it takes to bring the total to the current price (whether it be beaver or rabbit). I suggest putting something in the subject line that references paying the upcharge amount.
tucolino wrote: what i am not going to do is pay more after 4 years and a half of waiting,no way.

I know that a lot of people will feel that way. I did not intend the suggestion to inflame anyone - it is simply a suggestion based on what worked for me.
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Is there any way besides an e-mail to get through to Steve? Does anyone thing writing a letter and sending it in the actual mail would be better than sending an e-mail? I guess I am just trying to figure out even if Steve has my order, I think I recall him saying he lost some orders the last time he posted in the vendor's section.

Next month will be five years since I asked for the hat, I sent him the money via check the month after. No hat yet, I am optimistic, ordered in Jan 2008, so I know how people feel that are waiting in that year. I guess my question is, what is the best way of getting hold of Steve? I have tried e-mail, last e-mail I got back from Steve might be two years ago. I sent an e-mail last month and no reply, even put urgent in the title. That's all I am asking, some type of communication between vendor and a customer who has been patiently waiting. So if anyone has ideas besides driving to his house or mass mailing Steve's e-mail, please let me know, thanks.

IndianaChris
tucolino
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tucolino »

Ridgerunner58,i wasn´t referring to you,mate.sorry if it sounded that way.

after steve wrote long time ago that he lost his email adresses with the orders, i sent him...don´t know how many emails....no answer yet....

i know this is not the place to let off the steam,and i´m still confident everything will be ok at the end,but,come on,is not that difficult to post something on this forum,explaining what is going on.it will take just one minute
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by jlee562 »

I have a hypothesis that Steve selectively answers emails. Because it doesn't make sense to me that folks have been in contact with him, but that I don't get a reply to my (cordial!) emails that I've sent off about once every 6 months.

But we know that Steve is still working away, so I have confidence that I'll get my hat some day. Just don't know when.
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

tucolino wrote:i know this is not the place to let off the steam,and i´m still confident everything will be ok at the end,but,come on,is not that difficult to post something on this forum,explaining what is going on.it will take just one minute

I have to agree with you there but Steve hasn't even visited the site since 12/19/11. As I said earlier this thread is for you guys to get some answers but it's probably not going to come directly from Steve based on his absence from the site. Besides there are other Fedora forums that Steve probably visited in the past. This place is not the only place he probably use to frequent. I know he got his start here but he's not here anymore. That's not saying he won't poke his head in the door and give an update but for now he's silent.
Ridgerunner58
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Ridgerunner58 »

tucolino wrote:Ridgerunner58,i wasn´t referring to you,mate.sorry if it sounded that way.
I did not take the comment negatively. I certainly respect anyone's reluctance to pay more for something for which they already paid full price.

In my case I was tired of waiting, concerned about Steve's health issues and decided to go ahead. I really do not regret doing so.

My sole purpose in posting the above was to let people know what I know about his status. Having had some communication two weeks ago I thought it would be helpful.

I have no explanation why some e-mails get answered and others don't. If it helps - I get a response sometimes, and other times not. As for alternate means of communication, the only way I have ever communicated with Steve is by e-mail. I have read that telephone and mail are not any more successful.
tucolino
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tucolino »

The Dude wrote:
tucolino wrote:i know this is not the place to let off the steam,and i´m still confident everything will be ok at the end,but,come on,is not that difficult to post something on this forum,explaining what is going on.it will take just one minute

I have to agree with you there but Steve hasn't even visited the site since 12/19/11. As I said earlier this thread is for you guys to get some answers but it's probably not going to come directly from Steve based on his absence from the site. Besides there are other Fedora forums that Steve probably visited in the past. This place is not the only place he probably use to frequent. I know he got his start here but he's not here anymore. That's not saying he won't poke his head in the door and give an update but for now he's silent.
so true.
Ridgerunner58 wrote:
tucolino wrote:Ridgerunner58,i wasn´t referring to you,mate.sorry if it sounded that way.
I did not take the comment negatively. I certainly respect anyone's reluctance to pay more for something for which they already paid full price.

In my case I was tired of waiting, concerned about Steve's health issues and decided to go ahead. I really do not regret doing so.

My sole purpose in posting the above was to let people know what I know about his status. Having had some communication two weeks ago I thought it would be helpful.

I have no explanation why some e-mails get answered and others don't. If it helps - I get a response sometimes, and other times not. As for alternate means of communication, the only way I have ever communicated with Steve is by e-mail. I have read that telephone and mail are not any more successful.
and i thank you for updating his status.in this case "no news,good news" is not good
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

Thank for opening this thread. It's nice to know that Steve is well and that he is still working. I'm still waiting on the hat I ordered in February of 2008 myself. A couple of months ago I called him and actually spoke with his mother, and she said he was doing fine. I called the cell phone number she gave and left a message for him, but he did not return my call. I'll try him again in the new year.
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

I ordered the beaver in a cairo bash 5 years ago. How much of an up-charge are we talking?
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by jlee562 »

gabrielle wrote:I ordered the beaver in a cairo bash 5 years ago. How much of an up-charge are we talking?
whatever the difference is between $650 and what you paid.
DAVIDUGLY
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by DAVIDUGLY »

The current web site says 4 to 8 weeks for the versions I ordered.

I assume this still stands. I am currently on week 20.

He was still taking new orders as of June.
I ordered 3 hats.

After placing my order he wrote back to me immediately when I made a clarification in size.
No reply in October when I asked for an update.
Just sent another request, fingers crossed.

It can't be that bad of a back log as he is still taking $ for new orders?
Kim Hoffman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kim Hoffman »

The last time Steve posted here he wrote that he didn't have that many backorders to fill. So it shouldn't be necessary to pay him more. Steve's a man of his word.
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

Although I would pay the extra if absolutely necessary in order to receive my hat, I don't feel that it would be fair really. I ordered in good faith and have waited 5 years. I knew the wait would be long but 5 years is ridiculous really!
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

gabrielle wrote:Although I would pay the extra if absolutely necessary in order to receive my hat, I don't feel that it would be fair really. I ordered in good faith and have waited 5 years. I knew the wait would be long but 5 years is ridiculous really!

Hey don't you owe gmann a box a shipping money for a few years?
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

BendingOak wrote:Hey don't you owe gmann a box a shipping money for a few years?
Yes I do and I hope to find it and send it to him. I have it somewhere but I moved and everything was boxed up and scattered throughout my new house. I am getting through everything slowly but surely between working full time and other things. I will get it to him when I get it unpacked. I feel horrible it's taken this long.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

gabrielle wrote:
BendingOak wrote:Hey don't you owe gmann a box a shipping money for a few years?
Yes I do and I hope to find it and send it to him. I have it somewhere but I moved and everything was boxed up and scattered throughout my new house. I am getting through everything slowly but surely between working full time and other things. I will get it to him when I get it unpacked. I feel horrible it's taken this long.

Maybe a little understanding about your hat from a guy who has prostate and Colan cancer then.
Last edited by BendingOak on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

I think I've proven my support by waiting 5 years for the hat!
DAVIDUGLY
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by DAVIDUGLY »

this time he wrote back quickly and all seems to be well!
Illinois James
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois James »

I posted in the thread that was lost in the restore process, but again, I ordered 2 hats in October '08, and another in August '09, just before the price increase. I sent Steve my order info when he poked his head in here for awhile after what was a long recovery. He acknowledged me and thanked me for the reminder that he requested.

As soon as I felt confident that another order was not a burden to him, and maybe actually welcome, I eagerly ordered another hat from him this year, which I received.

Steve was communicative and very helpful in advising me on felt, color, and dimensions. It's great. He appreciated the business.

The only thing keeping me from ordering from him again, (and John, and David, etc, etc) is cash flow. It's been a long time to wait, but, personally, I believe my orders will be forthcoming as soon as he is able to get them done. I believe he is more than willing to get these old orders done, but, for whatever reason, he isn't able to do them as fast as he'd like. Why, is none of my business. I'm not trying to start controversy. Everyone has different sensibilities on these type issues. I'm not overjoyed about waiting, but I'm fortunate to have plenty hats to wear, certainly more than I need, and I'll be happy when I receive the Adventurebilts.

To be positive, even if you're waiting on old orders, don't hesitate to place a new order if you're in the market for a hat now. I first asked him if he wanted another order, and he was glad to make a hat for me, old orders notwithstanding. I know some may think that to be counterintuitive, but I felt confident in doing so.

I hope this is helpful, guys. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here.
Kim Hoffman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kim Hoffman »

You're not speaking out of turn. Personally, I might be more than happy to order a second or third hat from Steve. But prudence dictates that I should at least wait for my 2008 order to arrive first.
Illinois James
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois James »

Kim Hoffman wrote:You're not speaking out of turn. Personally, I might be more than happy to order a second or third hat from Steve. But prudence dictates that I should at least wait for my 2008 order to arrive first.
I totally understand that.

I'm just happy this thread is open. Hopefully, as old orders get filled, we'll hear about them, whether they belong to members here or not. And I'd like to see Steve back on the forum talking about hats again.

"That's all I have to say about that."
Piker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Piker »

I gave up, but the wife remembered. Now I have to do something. Ordered in March 2008.
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

Piker wrote:I gave up, but the wife remembered. Now I have to do something. Ordered in March 2008.

You have waited even longer than me, which proves there are still older orders out there. I emailed Steve but no response. Think I will try calling next. Just want to make sure he knows I paid and am waiting for my hat. Being so long ago I worry my order is lost or misplaced. Wouldn't hurt to remind him I'm waiting patiently going on 5 years.
tucolino
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tucolino »

gabrielle wrote:
Piker wrote:I gave up, but the wife remembered. Now I have to do something. Ordered in March 2008.

You have waited even longer than me, which proves there are still older orders out there. I emailed Steve but no response. Think I will try calling next. Just want to make sure he knows I paid and am waiting for my hat. Being so long ago I worry my order is lost or misplaced. Wouldn't hurt to remind him I'm waiting patiently going on 5 years.

good luck.i tried hundreds of times,without luck, to contact him via email,specially after he wrote that he lost all the old orders
Piker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Piker »

tucolino wrote:good luck.i tried hundreds of times,without luck, to contact him via email,specially after he wrote that he lost all the old orders

I contacted him too, albeit not as much as you did. But I never heard anything back saying mine was lost or found or anything, so the result was the same. I even offered him the difference in price: Silence.

I'm only a 5 hour drive from his abode, was tempted to go there and possibly see Steve, but that could be perceived as a threat, so I guess I will just start with a certified letter. I'm having surgery this week myself so it all may be moot anyway.
The Aviator
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The Aviator »

I was in the the states last year on a collage scholarship in Kansas. I Phoned and left about a dozen messages on the answer machine and with Steve's mother for a couple of months. Thought it would be easier getting in touch because I would be on his side of the pond. Finally gave up because I felt guilty about pestering him so much, and I was just worried about my order possibly being lost. I'm a May 2008 order.

Gerry
tucolino
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tucolino »

Piker wrote:
tucolino wrote:good luck.i tried hundreds of times,without luck, to contact him via email,specially after he wrote that he lost all the old orders

I contacted him too, albeit not as much as you did. But I never heard anything back saying mine was lost or found or anything, so the result was the same. I even offered him the difference in price: Silence.

I'm only a 5 hour drive from his abode, was tempted to go there and possibly see Steve, but that could be perceived as a threat, so I guess I will just start with a certified letter. I'm having surgery this week myself so it all may be moot anyway.

Fedora posted:
Post subject: I am back!!! Fedora that is. PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:19 pm
Fedora wrote: So, very very happy to be back, and feeling so much better than I had gotten used to. Ok, on to business now. I have completed all of the hat orders that I had a back log of, but I also have misplaced or lost a big pad of orders, that I need to make to finally get back on top of this. So, if you ordered a hat, but never recieved it, please email me, at sdelk@cableone.net, with our current address, which Indy hat you wanted and you head measurments so I can get you guys finally covered. I cleaned out my inbox so there is plenty of room for your emails. I think I can get these orders knocked out in a very few months, just depending on how many I end up with. I don't think there should be that many, but I will find out here shortly from you.

I must of course apologize for the inconveniences caused by my life threatening illnesses, but honestly, I was not thinking much about hats for quite awhile as I was deathly ill. But the good news, I am BACK, with hopefully many years left on this planet. I just hope no one here ever has to go through what this old body has been through-eve
hundreds maybe is exaggerated, but a hundred emails...hummm,probably
BoilermakerJones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by BoilermakerJones »

This thread made me look back and re-forward my original order (April, 2008 - just before gabrielle) to Steve just in case it was among the lost orders. If BendingOak says he will come though, I trust him. Well actually both John and Steve. Steve was overcome by his success (a common situation in small companies that have limited production) and it snowballed out of his control before he made changes to limit demand. His health issues just compounded things. From what I have read about Steve, I think this whole situation may be causing more stress to him than it has to those of us waiting.

Matt
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm throwing another warning that if members don't have a hat order with Steve and they post again to try and flame this thread up, vacations will be given.

No questions asked.

The last offending party's comment has been deleted.

All you guys with hat orders we want to keep it open for you.

-The Dude

And now someone has earned a vacation. ](*,)

Let's keep it on topic with the parties involved. :tup:
Duck
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Duck »

I think the last time I received a reply from Steve was July,2011. That was when I had sent him my info again to he sure he still had my order.
My order is from May 2008.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

Just checked and still no reply from Steve. I'm going to give it another week because of the tremendous amount of emails I'm sure he has to get through. After that I'm going to try calling and see if that gets me anywhere. Basically I just want to be sure my order wasn't lost and that I will be getting a hat. I don't want a vacation but I really believe the old hat orders should be dealt with before the new orders. Not fair that new orders supposedly take 6-8 weeks when there are those of us waiting going on 5 years. Those back orders should be the priority.
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately, some people want to keep posting threats and hate speech. We've been deleting nasty comments since last night.

Look, we can't do anything to Steve, especially when it's been proven he IS delivering hats. We have NO PART in his business other than outstanding orders with him also from a few Mods. We haven't banned him in hope that he will poke his head in and you guys can finally get an answer. We try to keep these types of threads open for YOU but we end up getting brought down into this mess because SOME OF YOU think we have a part in it.

If we did ban him all of you with outstanding orders would have no hope of him ever reporting here leaving you one more venue at contacting him closed.
And if he was banned, according to the rules, you couldn't even talk about him here. So then, where would you be?

I'm closing this thread and any other thread from now on about his outstanding hat orders. Take it elsewhere. I hate that it's come to this.

We've tried to help you guys out.

These threads are for you customers that have outstanding orders.

Apparently an open hand to you ends up being a smack in the face to us.

I still wish you guys the best of hope in getting your hats delivered.

-The Dude