Wojcicki's DVD

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

riku1914
Vendor

Wojcicki's DVD

Post by riku1914 »

As most of you know, Bernie Wojcicki sells a DVD on his website about making whips. Now, over the next couple weeks/months he'll be uploading them onto youtube! Here's the first part of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LRg_iFM ... ture=g-u-u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My method ( and many other whips makers ) are quite different from his, even when the same basic construction is used, but this DVD will definitely help a new whip maker better understand and visualize some of the parts of whip making so he can have a good foundation on whip making and begin to develop his own personal style of whip making.

I'll be post the links here when the other parts are uploaded.
Misa
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: Wojcicki's DVD

Post by Misa »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNVYOu7d ... re=g-all-u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is part 2
folkprophet
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by folkprophet »

Watched through both parts. Very cool. Anxiously waiting for the next part. :) :whip:
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

A good part of the third one was already loaded on youtube. For example, starting the diamond plait, dropping strands, and tying the turks head knots. Still, it's a good watch. Sorry for not putting it up yet, I watched it yesterday and forgot to post it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRQ10-HC ... ture=g-u-u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I'd like to offer a sincere word of appreciation to riku1914 for kindly repairing my Bernie Wojcicki bullwhip with professionalism and expediency. Although my original post was lost in the recent forum back-up, the situation essentially was that the point of the lash became loose when I replaced the fall many years ago, so I retired the whip to prevent further damage. When I recently unbraided the hitch to correct the issue, I quickly realized I'd taken on a bigger challenge than I thought. Thankfully, Jeremy stepped in to save the day, restoring my whip with a perfect Indy-style hitch. His work exemplifies the art of a master craftsman, and I HIGHLY recommend his services to anyone requiring a new whip or repairs to an existing one. But don't just take my word for it, see for yourself:

BEFORE & AFTER

Hats off to Jeremy for a job well done! :TOH: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

Thanks for the review! I was happy to help and I'm glad you're able to get back to cracking your whip!